Bailey's Not Included?

JamieLogical

2 hours ago, PATRLR said:

Have you guys heard that Baileys is NOT included in the drink package?  That's right, they are charging $16 for it so you have to pay a buck if you want Baileys.  

5 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

No way!

Way!  And on Celebrity, they only charge 10, but it's still 1.00 more because their basic package tops out at 9.00.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

if you really, really want a shot of baileys, is the extra buck to much to ask for, or to much to handle. if youre spending 100's to 1000's of $$$$ on a cruise, and it's something you really want, just spring for the other dollar. i realize it's a nickel/dime/ principle issue, but if you want a baileys, go for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Robkat said:

Just had an aside:. The Bailey's substitute (Maloney's) is pretty good.

When we ordered our usual Bailey's straight up on the Getaway in August, and were told that it was no longer included on the standard drink package, we were a little shocked.  But the alternative Irish cream was offered, and when we tried it (really, prepared to turn our noses up at it!) ... it was pretty good.

We don't claim to be Irish cream aficionados,, but we do know what we like and what tastes good.  While we were initially disappointed to lose the Bailey's, turns out we're just fine with the new option, and it's quite a bit better than any "pretenders" we've tried in the past.  

Maybe once people give it a try, they won't be so worried about the increase in the Bailey's cost.  

Totally agree.  Even though it isn't the brand we would normally drink it is a good substitute.  And we always asked for a double on ice 🙂

5 hours ago, complawyer said:

if you really, really want a shot of baileys, is the extra buck to much to ask for, or to much to handle. if youre spending 100's to 1000's of $$$$ on a cruise, and it's something you really want, just spring for the other dollar. i realize it's a nickel/dime/ principle issue, but if you want a baileys, go for it.

We don't mind paying the extra buck but when they serve you this size, we were a little taken aback LOL

20220822_203046.jpg

7 hours ago, complawyer said:

if you really, really want a shot of baileys, is the extra buck to much to ask for, or to much to handle. 

Yes, it is.  My budget has only $4 left to spend.  So that means I only get my evening Bailys on 4 nights.  Going to totally ruin my cruise.  Or else I blow my budget and lose my house. 

Edited by PATRLR
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, MonGu said:

We don't mind paying the extra buck but when they serve you this size, we were a little taken aback LOL

20220822_203046.jpg

That’s pretty pitiful.  I’ve found the drinks to be fairly strong on all cruise lines.  That is something I probably would have sent back and then requested it be removed from my bill.  I don’t think that’s even 2 oz.

10 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

That’s pretty pitiful.  I’ve found the drinks to be fairly strong on all cruise lines.  That is something I probably would have sent back and then requested it be removed from my bill.  I don’t think that’s even 2 oz.

If that's the proper pour they really need to find a more suitable glass.  I look at that and think the bottle ran out and the bartender didn't want to take the time to dig out another.

12 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

If that's the proper pour they really need to find a more suitable glass.  I look at that and think the bottle ran out and the bartender didn't want to take the time to dig out another.

It's the new NCL pour 😂 it's $16 for 1/2 a shot.

12 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Way!  And on Celebrity, they only charge 10, but it's still 1.00 more because their basic package tops out at 9.00.

No way!   The joke went over your head. 🙂  This thread has jumped the shark. 

Edited by PTC DAWG

16 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

First thought I had was it was the last pour out of the bottle and they didn’t want to crack open a new one to finish the pour.  STill, I would have sent it back. That would have caused a visit from the restaurant manager and probably net a quadruple pour.  LOL!

Edited by graphicguy

53 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

agree 100%, exactly what I thought when I saw it:  I'd be sending them back to get the rest of it.

• Like 1

mongu... if that's all they gave you, i would have been p****d off also!

and patrlr.  i wouldnt want you to bust your budget. consequently, if we're ever on the same cruise, i promise to buy you 1 baileys on the rocks (or straight up if thats how you drink it) each night of the cruise, and possibly 2 per night depending on the length of the cruise. i figure if its a 2 week cruise, the most it'll run me is slightly under $30. so fortunately, that wont effect my budget, and i'll get off the ship with a warm, cozy feeling that i did something nice for a complete stranger . LOL!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Going off topic yet again.  What was the topic here?

Anyway as we've been discussing Celebrity vs NCL I wanted to share this as I thought it was funny.  Just got the e-mail to watch the safety video yet again.  I click the link and hit play and up pops a commercial for .....Celebrity!  I started laughing.  Too funny!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, goldmom said:

Going off topic yet again.  What was the topic here?

Anyway as we've been discussing Celebrity vs NCL I wanted to share this as I thought it was funny.  Just got the e-mail to watch the safety video yet again.  I click the link and hit play and up pops a commercial for .....Celebrity!  I started laughing.  Too funny!

Nice! 

This seems to be an open forum now, but an occasional Bailey's reference probably wouldn't hurt.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, PATRLR said:

Yes, it is.  My budget has only $4 left to spend.  So that means I only get my evening Bailys on 4 nights.  Going to totally ruin my cruise.  Or else I blow my budget and lose my house. 

You forgot to factor in the 20% gratuity so that only gives you 3 nights of Bailey's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, complawyer said:

mongu... if that's all they gave you, i would have been p****d off also!

and patrlr.  i wouldnt want you to bust your budget. consequently, if we're ever on the same cruise, i promise to buy you 1 baileys on the rocks (or straight up if thats how you drink it) each night of the cruise, and possibly 2 per night depending on the length of the cruise. i figure if its a 2 week cruise, the most it'll run me is slightly under $30. so fortunately, that wont effect my budget, and i'll get off the ship with a warm, cozy feeling that i did something nice for a complete stranger . LOL!!

I had assumed you would have been a good Samaritan by buying people a can of Pepsi for them to enjoy since it's your favorite....oh wait....😉

hey! cruzinsusan70, if you recall, pepsi is free by the glass so i would have been happy to pop for a glass for patrlr. just like i would for you, by the can, its slightly over $3.00 so i can't afford to be that generous, since i drink 3-4 cans daily

unfortunately, to my everlasting chagrin, ncl is switching to coke products, and my life will never be the same

• Haha 1