Why doesn't the Anthem T/A's get the perfect day at Cococay?

ace2542

It even makes less sense for Wonder of the Seas TA. Our last day is in Nassau. Coco Cay would be farther north and closer to the final destination of Port Canaveral. 

And Wonder leaves Nassau in the early afternoon in order to get to Port Canaveral early in the morning. So Coco Cay would have made much more sense, they could have stayed there longer than just half a day. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Looks like the stay north and do ports like nova Scotia when coming or leaving ftom Southampton.  Been that way for a couple of years with Anthems TAs.

It is only going to Azores before France not Halifax?

On the upcoming TA we're stopping in the Azores then Halifax and Boston before arriving in NJ.  Why would we go to Coco Cay?  Personally that stop wouldn't tempt me.  I try to avoid cruises with a stop there or in Labadee.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was talking about the crossing coming up in a couple in 2 weeks.

Yes that cruise.  We sail on October 17th.  Not going to France.  Stops are Azores,  Halifax,  Boston,  NJ....Cape Liberty where we disembark.   12 nts.  Azores are off the coast of Portugal,  in the North Atlantic. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Yes that cruise.  We sail on October 17th.  Not going to France.  Stops are Azores,  Halifax,  Boston,  NJ....Cape Liberty where we disembark.   12 nts.  Azores are off the coast of Portugal,  in the North Atlantic. 

Yes, that one.  Hopefully Ace the OP has looked at a map route to figure out the Anthem TA is nowhere near the Bahamas.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, that one.  Hopefully Ace the OP has looked at a map route to figure out the Anthem TA is nowhere near the Bahamas.  

We are the eastbound T/A in May 2023 and we don't get Boston or Halifax on our crossing. I am just wondering why it doesn't go to cococay yet it goes to the azores and the QM2 on it's T/As goes nowhere near the azores misses them by 100s of miles I think.

3 hours ago, ace2542 said:

We are the eastbound T/A in May 2023 and we don't get Boston or Halifax on our crossing. I am just wondering why it doesn't go to cococay yet it goes to the azores and the QM2 on it's T/As goes nowhere near the azores misses them by 100s of miles I think.

Probably because it takes 2 days to get to bahamas from NJ then probably add another 2 days to get back up north to get to the azores, etc.   

The eastbound crossing from MD and even the one from Miami, FL do not go to CocoCay.

If you really want to go to bahamas maybe do a b2b sailing on Anthem as the sailing before the eastbound crossing goes there.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Well, let's see.  Cococay is over a thousand miles out of the way for NYC to Le Havre.  Both Anthem and QM2 take a rhumb line course from NYC, and that only requires a diversion of a couple hundred miles, along the route.  Look at a map sometime, Ace.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

Well, let's see.  Cococay is over a thousand miles out of the way for NYC to Le Havre.  Both Anthem and QM2 take a rhumb line course from NYC, and that only requires a diversion of a couple hundred miles, along the route.  Look at a map sometime, Ace.

Why don't we get Boston or perhaps DC on the estbound crossing? We don't get anything till the Azores? Yet Anthem goes to azores both ways?

Coco Cay can only support two ships at a time.   The regularly scheduled east/west itineraries probably have schedules to be there for that day.   IMHO it does not matter if you are going east or west out of Florida...all ships seem to HAVE to stop at Coco Cay on either direction.  🤔  Highly booked up stop.  

Nassau can accommodate more ships than Coco Cay and is not that far from the other Bahamian island.  

Does not bother me at all that we are stopping at Nassau versus Coco Cay on our Wonder west bound TA.  

Edited by island lady

4 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Why doesn’t my Southern Caribbean itinerary from San Juan have a stop in Bermuda??

Are you joking?  Again look at a map. In case you are serious  Bermuda is no where near San Juan.  Off the coast of the Carolinas.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Why don't we get Boston or perhaps DC on the estbound crossing?

While Boston would be closer to the route, it would require a more northerly route, and that would, a:  take you further from the Azores, so probably canceling that port, and b:  weather would be colder and possibly rougher in May.  By "DC" I assume you mean Baltimore, since DC is not a port city, but again, this is south of NYC, so that adds distance to the cruise.

49 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

We don't get anything till the Azores?

Yes, that is the "southern route" from NYC to Europe.

50 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Yet Anthem goes to azores both ways?

Huh?  Yes, it would go the same route both ways, why would you expect a different route?

9 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Are you joking?  Again look at a map. In case you are serious  Bermuda is no where near San Juan.  Off the coast of the Carolinas.

Sorry, that poster forgot the tongue in cheek emoji, they were showing the ridiculousness of the OP's question.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

While Boston would be closer to the route, it would require a more northerly route, and that would, a:  take you further from the Azores, so probably canceling that port, and b:  weather would be colder and possibly rougher in May.  By "DC" I assume you mean Baltimore, since DC is not a port city, but again, this is south of NYC, so that adds distance to the cruise.

Yes, that is the "southern route" from NYC to Europe.

Huh?  Yes, it would go the same route both ways, why would you expect a different route?

Sorry, that poster forgot the tongue in cheek emoji, they were showing the ridiculousness of the OP's question.

We had planned to do this trip back in 2019 (eastbound TA we changed ito the NCL Pearl) and they took Halifax off it without any explaination and I was unawre that DC was not a port city. I assumed it was but fair enough. And I would not get off in Baltimore as I have no wish to get shot and i don't think Baltimore could handle the Anthem? And is Philly not a port city?

1 minute ago, ace2542 said:

And I would not get off in Baltimore as I have no wish to get shot and i don't think Baltimore could handle the Anthem? And is Philly not a port city?

Biker, who wonders how one lives a life so clueless.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Biker, who wonders how one lives a life so clueless.

If Baltimore is such a great cruise location how come to my knowledge only a small Royal class ship sails out of their. Grandeour isn' it. And why has Philly never invested in it's cruise terminal?