Help! Just got upgrade offer. Should I?

LoriAB

14 minutes ago, LoriAB said:

Can you tell me why I should? I’m fine with doing it, but I would like to know the pros/cons. Thanks 🙂

I think a potential con would be the location, depending on what is really close by and what sort of activities you want to do, you might have to walk a bit further compared to midship (a pro, to me, but not to all). Also, being so high up you might feel the ship move more if there's any rough weather.

A pro, at $26, might also be any extra amenities the room might come with (i.e. nicer linens, robes without asking, products in the shower, access to the steam room or facilities). I'm not sure what the freedom has, so you'd have to find out.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, LoriAB said:

Can you tell me why I should? I’m fine with doing it, but I would like to know the pros/cons. Thanks 🙂

Spa area cabins are unlikely to have kids so they are quieter.  People are more respectful about noise.  Spa cabins aren't passageways with foot traffic at all hours.  The spa amenities-sauna, whirlpool, heated lounges, spa showers are nice  

• Like 2

There are only benefits for spa cabins on a ship that has a Cloud 9 Spa.  The Freedom does not have it.  There are no amenties that go with it.  It is just a regular cabin that happens to be on the Spa deck.  Have had one before with no added amenties.  Just a different location, if that is what you want.

Edited by luv2trvlnow

8 minutes ago, luv2trvlnow said:

There are only benefits for spa cabins on a ship that has a Cloud 9 Spa.  The Freedom does not have it.  There are no amenties that go with it.  It is just a regular cabin that happens to be on the Spa deck.  Have had one before with no added amenties.  Just a different location, if that is what you want.

Well that’s lame!!

• Like 1

Looking at the deck plans 1102 is the frontmost cabin (next to steamroll) on spa deck, so ship movement might be felt a bit more.  You are also above Camp Ocean, if that makes any difference to you,  Personally, I like deck 7 as it is sandwiched between 2 decks of cabins.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pe4all said:

Looking at the deck plans 1102 is the frontmost cabin (next to steamroll) on spa deck, so ship movement might be felt a bit more.  You are also above Camp Ocean, if that makes any difference to you,  Personally, I like deck 7 as it is sandwiched between 2 decks of cabins.  

I agree, Deck 7 on Freedom is a great location.

1 hour ago, Schoifmom said:

That's because the Freedom doesn't have a Cloud 9 spa, so what you are getting isn't a "spa cabin," but a cabin located on the spa deck.

That's such an important differentiation to make. To me, I'd save that $26 if there's no real 'spa' benefits included in the upgrade, especially with kids programming going on right underneath.

13 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Spa area cabins are unlikely to have kids so they are quieter.  People are more respectful about noise.  Spa cabins aren't passageways with foot traffic at all hours.  The spa amenities-sauna, whirlpool, heated lounges, spa showers are nice  

This is what I thought and had heard also.  Just off the Sunrise this a.m. and now waiting at MIA.  Our spa balcony was only 60 bucks more than regular one if I recall correctly but I won't choose one again.  Our spa hallway had kids in multiple cabins, and families who stood in the hallway at all hours yelling back and forth.   The kids were actually quieter than the adults.  Robes were heavy weight and scratchy therefore not used, and the thermal area on Sunrise is already small but the Aromatherapy room was out of service all week.  The body scrub kit was a nice touch but not really worth the 20 it would have cost to buy another one for the 2nd person in the cabin.    The ship had more movement than we have had on 7 or 8 midship also.   So overall I'm glad I tried it, but like the Aft area that I tried last year in another ship, I'm just sticking to midship from now on.   Been there, done that, and like it better.  

• Like 1