Resolved: The schedule/ship order of when Starlink will be active on the fleet exist

NutsAboutGolf

We are currently on the  Beyond TA  in a Suite and have the Premium internet.

It was okay when we boarded and has gotten worst everyday.

Past 3 days (Lisbon, sea day, Ponta Delgada) it has been difficult to get connected at all.  If you get connected and want to switch devices there is a good chance you will lose your connection.  Talked to the folks in Future Cruises and they are having difficulty with the internet also so it isn’ t just the guest wifi.
The weather has turned and we are in some choppy water so ship is rolling quite a bit.  It will be a long 5 days crossing  if this keeps up.

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Past 3 days (Lisbon, sea day, Ponta Delgada) it has been difficult to get connected at all.  
The weather has turned and we are in some choppy water so ship is rolling quite a bit.  It will be a long 5 days crossing  if this keeps up.

Just pretend it is 2012 😁 

16 hours ago, jackaboo said:

Reflection has been moved to 23rd December this year  - might be why the timeline disappeared as a few dates have changed already

Thank you for the information.  I'm on in early Dec.  Maybe I'll be surprised and it's added during this short dry dock.  Prepared for the worst but hoping for the best.

Amazing schedule for the Edge considering my itinerary. It completes on 12/2/2022 ... I'm on a cruise from 11/21/2022 -> 12/2/2022.

I wonder what the odds are of the cutover happening during my cruise ... I hope either way that it doesn't translate to a large outage mid-cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, zanyw said:

Any ideas when the solstice is? Did the date slip?

Jan 2nd and anyone's guess as to the schedule since X has replaced the published schedule with "coming soon".

They've technically already "slipped" the schedule because during their original press release they stated all ships " by the end of Q1".  It would appear 8 of 12 ships would have it by the end of Q1 which is good but not the deployment isn't as fast as advertised

17 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Have you heard of any other movements?

Reflection Moved up to 11th December 

17 hours ago, zanyw said:

Any ideas when the solstice is? Did the date slip?

Hopefully 26th December for Solstice 

• Thanks 2

On 10/19/2022 at 2:09 AM, jelayne said:

Past 3 days (Lisbon, sea day, Ponta Delgada) it has been difficult to get connected at all.  If you get connected and want to switch devices there is a good chance you will lose your connection.  Talked to the folks in Future Cruises and they are having difficulty with the internet also so it isn’ t just the guest wifi.

We’re on Solstice with premium wifi and it’s the worst we’ve experienced in a long time.  Connect… disconnected… all day long.  Now, it’s possible this is due to it being Thanksgiving week and packed with families and kids… and since we never sail during these busy times I have nothing to compare to.

4 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Thanks!  Do you simply have insider info or is there anywhere to see this online?

I agree. This is exciting. On the Solstice for a month in January and Reflection for 2 months starting in late March.

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to report that I'm on Solstice and StarLink is Active. 

No fanfare except there was a card on the desk when we arrived in our room.

Speeds are around 5 down and 1.5 -2 Up

I tried making a phone call today while out walking laps so may have had issues with switching between routers but the call was choppy at times.   

Interne variable with some uploads of photos to CC failing 1/2 way through while other times only a second or 2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 11/23/2022 at 1:58 PM, viperfoth said:

I agree. This is exciting. On the Solstice for a month in January and Reflection for 2 months starting in late March.

December 3 cruise and she is active now.   I was surprised as I thought we ha just missed it.     So far  a bit underwelmed

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Wanted to report that I'm on Solstice and StarLink is Active. 

No fanfare except there was a card on the desk when we arrived in our room.

Speeds are around 5 down and 1.5 -2 Up

Being Zeniths, don’t you automatically have access to premium internet?
If so, those numbers are horrible in comparison to the premium speeds on the Beyond.

I wonder if the backbone wasn’t upgraded to handle the additional bandwidth, thus the slower speeds?

On 10/20/2022 at 12:38 PM, Ben100014 said:

Kinda a bummer it was supposed to be live on Apex 11/12 and now it’s pushed to 12/3 after my cruise ends.

We will be on the Apex at the end of the month and hope that Starlink is available then.  Had no problems on the Oasis of the Seas this past August.

9 hours ago, luv2ndhalf said:

We sailed b2b on Eclipse for AU/NZ…… disembarked on 11/14-

The internet was horrible

Was there any evidence StarLink had been activated yet?  Original timelines I saw for StarLink showed Eclipse early on the schedule.

13 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Let us know if the speeds break double-digits

I'm chuckling a bit -  this morning I'm having trouble breaking 2.5 down and 1.5 up.   Watching news on PC using YouTubeTV on my laptop and it is stopping to buffer every 5-6 minutes.

Speed at 8:00 Am 3.2 Down and 2.09 up

• Thanks 2