GTY Cabin Assignment - When?

rass2008

7 minutes ago, rass2008 said:

Just curious to hear from those who have booked cabin's in a GTY category, when did you receive your cabin assignment? We are 12 days to sailing and still TBA 🙂

The one and only one time I booked a GTY cabin, I got the cabin room number  assignment right after our online check in. But that was back in July, 2019.

• Thanks 1

Only booked one GTY. It was an upsell, received our cabin confirmation  5 days later for a cruise three months later. You might not get your cabin number until check in. If this happens, when dropping luggage off with a porter give him your name. He will have your cabin number on his list.

13 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Could be any time between now and when you arrive at the pier.

Correct.  We've done numerous.  I would say average is about 2-3 weeks out.  We've had it as late as a few days before.  But I've always been able to print luggage tags at home.

• Like 3

I booked my first GTY for January about 3 weeks ago and don't have my room assignment yet, but I imagine it will be at least December before I see it. Part of me doesn't care (because the rate was really good, and I'm never really in the room other than to shower or sleep) and part of me in super anxious about it (because I tend to prefer to have all the details in place before I go anywhere). Whatever happens, it'll be an adventure lol

We have two cabins booked in our family in February on the Celebration that have a GTY cabin.  I will probably go crazy trying to check and see when it gets assigned.  All together we have four rooms, with two being a GTY.  Will see how it goes as we all just booked an inside cabin, though one is for 2 people and the other for 3 people.