Enforcement

Tutuma

13 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

Back in 12/21 on Riviera I wore a suit and tie. My wife wore a dress. To all 4 of the specialty restaurants. BUT we drove to Miami and could over pack. We are flying this time in 11/22 so no suit jacket for me or tie this time for the 2 specialty restaurants.

Well your in luck no suit or Jacket & tie required in any of the restaurants 😁

4 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Well you're in luck no suit or Jacket & tie required in any of the restaurants

We knew that. BUT then again maybe not in "luck".

I think my wife is quite attractive, quite the well-preserved physique, and in her mid-50s, so she wanted to wear something different, obviously elegant but equally obviously quite stunning visually. And while not quite the infamous JLo green dress, she wore a stunning red dress, for example, with a plunging décolletage. She made sure to tape herself quite secure, just in case! She looked the part of a French film beauty in Jacques. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

We knew that. BUT then again maybe not in "luck".

I think my wife is quite attractive, quite the well-preserved physique, and in her mid-50s, so she wanted to wear something different, obviously elegant but equally obviously quite stunning visually. And while not quite the infamous JLo green dress, she wore a stunning red dress, for example, with a plunging décolletage. She made sure to tape herself quite secure, just in case! She looked the part of a French film beauty in Jacques. 

I haven't tried the décolletage in Jacques but it sounds delightful. 😉

Edited by shepherd really
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Yesimapirate said:

Forgive me as my info is third hand and via text message so I don't have a ton of details.

My parents are currently on am Oceania cruise in a location that I think many would dress for in a more casual way.  One of the couples they became friendly with apparently got a note in their cabin that they were not complying with the dress code and asked them to stop by guest services.  No idea what happened after that (but I'll ask my mother).

Personally,  I don't understand this.  If you're dressing inappropriately consistently,  I would imagine you simply didn't pack clothes that are appropriate.   Not quite sure how that would be remedied in the middle of the south Pacific.   

The remedy is to dine only in the venues that allow a relaxed dress: Waves grill, Terrace, others.

For about half of my working days I wore a prescribed uniform.  The other half I wore business attire - suits with ties.  On weekends I wore shorts and T shirts, but not to an upscale restaurant.   When I ride my motorcycle I wear leathers, but not out to dinner.

When I cruise, I wear shorts and T shirts in the daytime and in the evening I put on a pair of black slacks, a black shirt, and a black sport coat if I'm eating anywhere other than a buffet or pool-side grill.

While a slob in torn jeans and a T shirt doesn't ruin my cruise, it is interesting to note what image that person is trying to project -especially since they knew they were going to be on a cruise. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

Did you change when you went out to dinner at a nice restaurant, or did you go in sweat pants?

Not in sweat pants but been in them wearing shorts and Polo shirt. Even Parliament in Bermuda they wear shorts.

And, I did say "at home".

Just now, LHT28 said:

Yes I know that but  in your post above you suggested WAVES 

Ahh, I said “dine” whereas I should have specified “eat”. Anyway, I think my point was clear. The remedy is to refrain from eating in any venue that has a stricter dress code,

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

Ahh, I said “dine” whereas I should have specified “eat”. Anyway, I think my point was clear. The remedy is to refrain from eating in any venue that has a stricter dress code,

OK

Most dining/eating venues for breakfast & lunch  are not a problem

Just show up with clothes on  ...no swimwear  😉

Well, I don’t much care about dress codes, but I will say I prefer to see  a nice pair of jeans than the guy in very loose cargo shorts who reached down inside his shorts to scratch his butt—-and yes, I was unfortunate enough to be right behind him in line waiting to be seated in Polo, and since I’m a full time scooter user, I got the full shot. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kitty9 said:

Well, I don’t much care about dress codes, but I will say I prefer to see  a nice pair of jeans than the guy in very loose cargo shorts who reached down inside his shorts to scratch his butt—-and yes, I was unfortunate enough to be right behind him in line waiting to be seated in Polo, and since I’m a full time scooter user, I got the full shot. 

Did they allow him in Polo in Cargo shorts??

9 hours ago, kitty9 said:

prefer to see  a nice pair of jeans than the guy in very loose cargo shorts who reached down inside his shorts to scratch his butt

So is it the cargo shorts or the butt scratching you object to? I don’t think one has anything to do with the other and butt scratching is not part of the Oceania dress code

i saw a woman in a very fine skirt and top who had toilet paper streaming out the back of her skirt.

Edited by Robjame
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/31/2022 at 2:08 PM, PhD-iva said:

The remedy is to dine only in the venues that allow a relaxed dress: Waves grill, Terrace, others.

Apparently not.  In this case, it apparently was a polite conversation with the GM who notified the couple that a guest had complained about one the couples shirt at dinner and they asked them if they would not wear it anymore to the dining room.

Again,  this is 4th hand so take it with a grain of salt.  

3 minutes ago, Yesimapirate said:

Apparently not.  In this case, it apparently was a polite conversation with the GM who notified the couple that a guest had complained about one the couples shirt at dinner and they asked them if they would not wear it anymore to the dining room.

Interesting

It must have been some shirt  😉

14 minutes ago, Yesimapirate said:

I would have informed the GM that the person who complained could always eat elsewhere.  Problem solved.

3 hours ago, piedpiper99 said:

This thread is boring.  The long and short of it is that Oceania has unwritten rules.  It also has other written rules it does not follow (like alcohol being brought on board).  

Like the diner who doesn't like how someone dresses, you can always look away if this displeases you. 

• Haha 1

Oceania’s dress code is easily found and Oceania publishes it -, “Country Club Casual”. If anyone is so sheltered to not know what that means perhaps this is the wrong cruise line. Google will answer what it means. Videos will show pictures.

I agree with pinotlover - anyone who posts this thread is trolling and wants reactions.

I find it very fertile with straight lines to try to attach humour to. It is an oasis when nothing new is on CC.

No one needs information. No one will change their minds. Vent on.

Edited by Robjame

okay, but I'm (timidly) dying to ask - can I really not wear sandals to any of the restaurants?  I'm not talking about flip flops, but women's dressy0ish sandles with good arch support?  I can wear them to the country cloub, so is that okay?  Technically the dress code says no sandals, but they are what I usually wear.  I've never sailed O before and I'm perplexed on if I have to bring closed shoes and nylons to eat my dinner.