Is it true? Suite guests can no longer dine in BLU?

VitaminSea53

They have only been able to dine in Blu if there was space available. We have been in Blu when suite guests were turned away as AQ passengers were waiting to be seated.

We have also been in a Suite and asked to dine in Blu on a particular  night and were denied because they were full.

On our recent cruise the ship was short staffed and many nights there were waits in all dining rooms.  That may be why Suite guests could not get seated in Blu. 

I think some of the discrepancies are probably being caused by different circumstances on different ships.

Firstly, if Blu is understaffed on some ships then obviously they need to focus on the Aqua guests.

Secondly, there is a big difference between a suite guest turning up at Blu at peak time expecting to be seated and a suite guest arranging with the M’D to dine in Blu, later evening perhaps, as service is slowing down.

4 hours ago, VitaminSea53 said:

I just read a comment by a fellow cruiser that Suite guests are no longer able to dine in Blu.  There was an exception for Penthouse or Royal Suite. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

If dining in Blu is important for you then I suggest on boarding you have a chat with the suite concierge or Luminae M’D. If you let them know you would be willing to dine early or late that may help. 

Is there a particular reason for you wanting access to Blu? Most suite guests tend to prefer the ambiance and food in Luminae. On some ships, by arrangement, the Luminae M’D can arrange for you to have food from other restaurants…

Edited by chemmo

We typically sail in high end suites on Celebrity, and never wanted to dine in blu.  Never found the menu to be better then luminae or the specialty restaurants-  Luminae will adjust the menu if you ask the night before.   Also in Blu, tables for two are in a long row.  No privacy at all.  When we did dine in blu years ago, the people next to us were chiming in our conversation, without being asked.  No upside.

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

Celebrity seems to be very inconsistent with the amenities and perks. Constinatly changing, and you don’t get grandfathered in to what you agreed to when you booked. I will not use this cruise line again.    

5 minutes ago, Steve Mcquin said:

Celebrity seems to be very inconsistent with the amenities and perks. Constinatly changing, and you don’t get grandfathered in to what you agreed to when you booked. I will not use this cruise line again.    

Welcome to Cruise Critic... Let us know if you find another cruise line that is not in constant flux these days.  Pretty much all of them are doing such.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Steve Mcquin said:

What is the reason you re-opened this zombie thread?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

For what its worth, we sailed on the Edge in a Celebrity Suite (February 2024). I wanted to have the rib eye steak special in Blue one night, and asked the staff at Blu if I could eat there. They said they don't take reservations, just show up...may be a little wait if its crowded. My wife and I found no wait at all and I really enjoyed the dinner!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

It’s a sincere query.  Did he have a bad experience? What happened that he has decided not to sail on Celebruty again?

No idea why it was re-opened but how many posters respond with "use the search function". Then, when someone does, a zombie thread is reopened and people question why.

• Like 3