Is Brilliance too old & is it scheduled to be amplified?

Hi All, we've cruised a handful of times but never on Royal Caribbean. We're looking at an itinerary in March 2024 for a group of us for a 60th birthday celebration. Brilliance of the Seas to the South Pacific suits us for length of cruise, timing and itinerary (to the Sth Pacific from Sydney) but I'm wondering how the ship is holding up - she'll be 23 years old by then. I don't mind her being a little old and dated as long as she is being maintained. Can anyone who has sailed on her recently provide some feedback? And can anyone advise if she is scheduled for the 'amplified' upgade? Thanks 

1 hour ago, Team Alpha said:

? And can anyone advise if she is scheduled for the 'amplified' upgrade? 

Very unlikely any Vision or Radiance class ships (including Brilliance) will get any meaningful upgrades for the foreseeable future. 

We came off Brilliance two weeks ago and whilst rooms and public areas aren't 'modern' the ship is very well looked after and the crew are by far the friendliest, most customer focused team we've ever experienced on RC. I was so surprised how much I enjoyed the ship! 

• Like 2

Radiance class ships might get refurbishments, but I seriously doubt any of them would ever get "amplified".

Each ship can be different, but we were just on the sister ship Jewel, and she was in very good condition for her age. No unreasonable, unexpected wear. For the most part, didn't seem dated.

I've read worse reports from newer ships.

• Like 1

We sailed her in March and she was still looking pretty good.  Our head waiter said she was going to  dry dock prior to her European sailings for general maintenance and upkeep.  Not sure how much they did, but he said they were replacing all the dining room carpeting.  We're leaving for Rome today to bring her back over on Nov 5th.  Looking forward to see if we notice any changes.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On her right now and it's been nice. I like all the wood and decor. The only area where I thought she shows her age is the lack of outlets or charging portals in the rooms. We have a balcony and there's only two outlets in the entire room, bathroom included, and no USB charging. There is a lot of storage available in the rooms though and a decent size closet.

19 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

We were on her in aug. For a small ship she was well maintained. The outdoor windjammer eating area at back of ship was fab. 

If you ignor the size she was well maintained IMO, For us way too small.

It is still funny if people call such a 300 meter ship small.