15 year old diamond member. What are his benefits???

socialsea

32 minutes ago, socialsea said:

My grandson has diamond status due to his father's status. What benefits would he receive in lieu of the alcohol drinks?

He could get mocktails instead of alcoholic drinks.  

13 minutes ago, moposh said:

He could get mocktails instead of alcoholic drinks.  

Our SL bartender made amazing watermelon lemonade for our young grand sons. 

During regular hours when SL doesn't serve drinks they used their D+ vouchers for soda, smoothies & milkshakes.

2 hours ago, DrDani226 said:

He’ll get 4 drinks per day (can use for coffee, mocktails, water, etc), one 24-hour period of Internet, and 1 free photo…those are the best benefits 😊

In our experience, the photo and day of internet was not offered. A discount on the internet package was  an offered benefit. 

Our family member made good use of the arcade rebate. 

Of course, we always see different policies on different ships. 

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

A discount on the internet package was  an offered benefit. 

You can apply that benefit to any Voom package offered, including the 24 hour package - it might not be obvious in the options, but it should be there. Getting the free photo may not be obvious either - just ask one of the photo staff how to do it.

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You can apply that benefit to any Voom package offered, including the 24 hour package - it might not be obvious in the options, but it should be there. Getting the free photo may not be obvious either - just ask one of the photo staff how to do it.

So diamond kids do get the photo and 24 hour internet? I’ve read reports of yes and no for those benefits. 

12 minutes ago, Dan83 said:

So diamond kids do get the photo and 24 hour internet? I’ve read reports of yes and no for those benefits. 

Not so sure about the photo but most reporting suggests that they should get the Voom discount.

Edited by Biker19

6 minutes ago, topnole said:

Agree.  It would be nice to get some clarity on this.  

I’m guessing it’s ship specific. We will be on allure thanksgiving week. Will be our first cruise as diamond. Will definitely try for the photo and voom for the kids and report back here. 

5 hours ago, Dan83 said:

No, it was not until my 9 year old daughter became diamond on her own, did she get the free picture offer.  It never showed in photos onboard until she gained enough points  to be diamond herself.  

Just off the Navigator a couple weeks ago. Son is 16 and has 400+ points himself. Definitely no free photo for him. Also tried on every sailing since we all turned D many years ago and his seapass would never get a free photo. Son getting the two free internet sessions just started our first cruise post covid this past Feb. Until then, it was always a discount.

The joys of Royal Consistently Inconsistent

Edited by frank808