New Ice Cream on Princess Ships

LACruiser88

November 6, 2022 9:00 AM EST

Life's Sweetest Reward! SMiZE Cream, New Super-Premium Ice Cream Created by Iconic Supermodel Tyra Banks Soon Available Fleetwide on Princess Cruises

Delicious Frozen Treats, Each with an Edible Surprise in Every Cup, Available Via OceanNow!

SANTA CLARITA, Calif., Nov. 6, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Princess guests are in for a treat…a frozen treat. SMiZE Cream, the super-premium ice cream with an edible surprise in every cup from iconic supermodel and super businesswoman Tyra Banks, will soon be available on all 15 Princess MedallionClass ships.

Launched by Banks in 2020 as a fun and innovative ice cream brand that features unique flavors and one-of-a-kind packaging, SMiZE Cream is available in luxe-meet-fun flavors like: "Brownies, I Love You," "Caramel Cookie Queen," "Strawberry BirthYAY! Cake," "Purple Cookie Mon-Star & Me," "Salted Caramel King" and "The Best Vanilla I Ever Had." And strategically located at the bottom of every luxurious serving, is the SMiZE SURPRiZE, a yummy reward after some serious digging.  It's a fun and delicious discovery that appeals to the kid in all of us!

Each ice cream flavor is served in limited-edition, individually packaged servings, complete with a unique augmented reality (AR) activation per ice cream flavor that happens right on the cup.

"When I set out to create an ice cream company, I had big dreams, but I'll admit that SMiZE Cream being able to be enjoyed at sea aboard Princess Cruises truly exceeds my dreams," said Banks. "Our ice cream won't just be on one cruise - it will be on the entire fleet, so my team and I are super pumped! As an entrepreneur, innovation and going above and beyond to delight customers is everything to me, so the synergies with Princess' stance on innovation and premium experiences is the perfect match. I can't wait for Princess Cruise passengers to delight in luxe, fun, creamy and dreamy SMiZE Cream!"

Starting in mid-March, guests on Princess ships will be able to order SMiZE cups via the OceanNow delivery on demand experience.

"We're thrilled to be working with a world-renowned personality like Tyra Banks to offer SMiZE Cream across our fleet -- and there's no doubt our guests are going to absolutely love this indulgent super-premium treat," said John Padgett, president of Princess Cruises.

"There's nothing sweeter knowing that with our exclusive OceanNow anywhere/anytime delivery our guests will never have to wait in line for their favorite SMiZE Cream flavors."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

48 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Starting in mid-March, guests on Princess ships will be able to order SMiZE cups via the OceanNow delivery on demand experience

If I'm not mistaken, your onboard now. Is it avialable ..... cost ?  oopps !  😳  I see I jumped the gun on the launch date...

Edited by c-boy
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

November 6, 2022 9:00 AM EST

Life's Sweetest Reward! SMiZE Cream, New Super-Premium Ice Cream Created by Iconic Supermodel Tyra Banks Soon Available Fleetwide on Princess Cruises

Delicious Frozen Treats, Each with an Edible Surprise in Every Cup, Available Via OceanNow!

SANTA CLARITA, Calif., Nov. 6, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Princess guests are in for a treat…a frozen treat. SMiZE Cream, the super-premium ice cream with an edible surprise in every cup from iconic supermodel and super businesswoman Tyra Banks, will soon be available on all 15 Princess MedallionClass ships.

Launched by Banks in 2020 as a fun and innovative ice cream brand that features unique flavors and one-of-a-kind packaging, SMiZE Cream is available in luxe-meet-fun flavors like: "Brownies, I Love You," "Caramel Cookie Queen," "Strawberry BirthYAY! Cake," "Purple Cookie Mon-Star & Me," "Salted Caramel King" and "The Best Vanilla I Ever Had." And strategically located at the bottom of every luxurious serving, is the SMiZE SURPRiZE, a yummy reward after some serious digging.  It's a fun and delicious discovery that appeals to the kid in all of us!

Each ice cream flavor is served in limited-edition, individually packaged servings, complete with a unique augmented reality (AR) activation per ice cream flavor that happens right on the cup.

"When I set out to create an ice cream company, I had big dreams, but I'll admit that SMiZE Cream being able to be enjoyed at sea aboard Princess Cruises truly exceeds my dreams," said Banks. "Our ice cream won't just be on one cruise - it will be on the entire fleet, so my team and I are super pumped! As an entrepreneur, innovation and going above and beyond to delight customers is everything to me, so the synergies with Princess' stance on innovation and premium experiences is the perfect match. I can't wait for Princess Cruise passengers to delight in luxe, fun, creamy and dreamy SMiZE Cream!"

Starting in mid-March, guests on Princess ships will be able to order SMiZE cups via the OceanNow delivery on demand experience.

"We're thrilled to be working with a world-renowned personality like Tyra Banks to offer SMiZE Cream across our fleet -- and there's no doubt our guests are going to absolutely love this indulgent super-premium treat," said John Padgett, president of Princess Cruises.

"There's nothing sweeter knowing that with our exclusive OceanNow anywhere/anytime delivery our guests will never have to wait in line for their favorite SMiZE Cream flavors."

Yum! Can't wait for this!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I hope they have a dairy free option.

According to the website (link shared above), they do have non-dairy, vegan options. Whether or not these will be on the ship - well, who knows.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

According to the website (link shared above), they do have non-dairy, vegan options. Whether or not these will be on the ship - well, who knows.

Thank you. Oh I really hope so! I wouldn’t even mind paying for it. It would just be wonderful to be able to get something to eat when I’m hungry, especially something sweet.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pam in CA said:

Follow the money. Always. Anything that’s “limited” or already sold non-cruise will have an up charge. The question is, how much? 

I will just be happy if I can order some non-dairy/vegan ice cream.  After watching others eat the good stuff for a few days, I am more than willing to pay for something that I can have. 😂😂😂

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

@LACruiser88where did you find the article? I’m wondering if it is on Facebook or Instagram so I can make a comment. Thank you!

It looks like a press release, since it says this, "SANTA CLARITA, Calif., Nov. 6, 2022 /PRNewswire/ ." But it's not (yet?) on their website in the News Center.

Edit: found it on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/PrincessCruises

Edited by Sea Hag

16 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

It looks like a press release, since it says this, "SANTA CLARITA, Calif., Nov. 6, 2022 /PRNewswire/ ." But it's not (yet?) on their website in the News Center.

Edit: found it on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/PrincessCruises

@Sea Hagthank you.  I just found it on Facebook and asked  them if they would have the non-dairy or vegan options available for those of us that cannot have dairy. This was their reply.  They did not answer my question so my guess is no.  I have a dairy allergy and I know I’m not the only person that cruises that has dairy allergies or is vegan.

1634ED16-3056-4B32-ABCD-2988AD510EF9.jpeg

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

34 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Princess just responded again and told me that they will check to see if non-dairy or vegan ice cream will be an option. I know most people can have real ice cream but unfortunately it sends some of us to the ER.  Sigh.

I hope they'll have it for you and others who can't have dairy! Seems to me like it would be a no-brainer for them to do that.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Princess just responded again and told me that they will check to see if non-dairy or vegan ice cream will be an option. I know most people can have real ice cream but unfortunately it sends some of us to the ER.  Sigh.

Another thing. It occurs to me to wonder if Gelato, on the ships that have it, has any non-dairy options. Anybody know about that?