Princess Cruises Unveils 360: An Extraordinary Experience on Discovery Princess; Coming Soon to Enchanted Princess

Astro Flyer

Finished 360 dining this week on the Discovery. Well worth the $150+ for first timers that DRINK. I say this not just for value but also the amazing pairings they did throughout the the courses. Btw not limited to just suites. I'm in a standard balcony with a very low tier status and still recieved it! Although I do gamble a bit and recieve free cruises + freeplay

15 minutes ago, gamja said:

Finished 360 dining this week on the Discovery. Well worth the $150+ for first timers that DRINK. I say this not just for value but also the amazing pairings they did throughout the the courses. Btw not limited to just suites. I'm in a standard balcony with a very low tier status and still recieved it! Although I do gamble a bit and recieve free cruises + freeplay

I was under the impression it's still free to invited guests.

1 minute ago, Kay S said:

I was under the impression it's still free to invited guests.

Oh sorry I guess I worded that horribly... I didn't pay I was invited twice once called before my cruise and once again during.

On 11/8/2022 at 8:37 AM, gvre said:

We did it last week.

It was great...we loved it. No photos allowed. We were seated at a circular table with a circular 360 degree movie screen behind us. Our tour was a visual, audio, aromatic and interactive tour of  each region of the Mediterranean that our 7 course meal originated from. Each course featured a different wine which was introduced by our host before it was served. It was very relaxing and surprising at times. We feel lucky to have been selected to experience it.”

Were people dressed as fancy at your seating as they were in the video?

21 hours ago, donswife said:

Were people dressed as fancy at your seating as they were in the video?

When we went at the end of October people were pretty casual.  In fact there was a younger group of 8 who were all wearing a tshirt with the same design and a couple of them wore backward ballcaps.  I wore jeans and a long sleeve shirt as we planned to have dinner in the buffet.  We were in a suite but we were invited shortly before the event time so I had asked if I needed to change and was told I was fine.  Other than the large group the dress was pretty much smart casual.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

My travel agent told us that they are actually letting some people other than suite guests go, but it’s by invitation only. Sure hope we somehow get an invite!

Did your travel agent know if these non-suite guests had to pay for the experience?

Sailing next week, my partner received a phone call inviting us. We aren't in a full suite, so it must be random? Asked if we could use bonus OBC we received from cancelled sailings, they said no, experience is complimentary. Go figure. FWIW we have left FCC from the shutdown on the table which we won't be able to use, maybe that's why?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was on Discovery for the 11/14 5-day Cabo sailing.  I had read about the 360 experience in advance and had no expectation of being invited based on what they described in the final paragraph of the description.  I was flabergasted 3 days before the cruise when I received a call from Princess inviting us to join the experience.  And I almost did not anser the call since we get so many spam calls and I didn't recognize the area code. We are elite and had a mini suite but do not gamble at all.  The people we sat next to had a similar experience.

It was a lot of fun and the food was great.  We were asked in advance and they swapped out the appetizer for us as well as providing a non alcholic drink for my wife.  Service was great.  If I recall correctly food was served simultaniously by 10 waiters.  We dressed in our formal night clothes without the tie.

i would definately do it again if it were free but probably not if the fee  was $150 per person.  We could have 3 dinners with 2 glasses of wine (wife does not drink) in the Crown Grill for that much money.  I would recommend it to anyone who feels they can afford it, especlly if they can enjoy the wine parings.  I believe they are right to ask people not to share the details of the experience.  We really enjoyed the surprises we experienced that evening.

I hope more of you non-suite guests get a surprise phone call a few days before your cruise.

Rick from Arizona

ps I am from the desert but can usually be found cruising around the dessert sections of the Lido deck

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dessertcruiser said:

We were asked in advance and they swapped out the appetizer for us as well as providing a non alcholic drink for my wife. 

Wish we had been asked in advance as they could have saved one of the appetizers that we didn't even touch.  We also would have told them how we wanted one of the dishes cooked - we thought it was odd that no one asked that.  But then we were invited at the last minute so perhaps that's why we weren't asked about preferences.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Wish we had been asked in advance as they could have saved one of the appetizers that we didn't even touch.  We also would have told them how we wanted one of the dishes cooked - we thought it was odd that no one asked that.  But then we were invited at the last minute so perhaps that's why we weren't asked about preferences.

We went last week.  Rafal was clear that the dishes were cooked the way they were designed to be cooked 😉. I can guess what you didn't touch,  it was my least favorite.  Overall it was a wonderful experience and I am so glad we got to go!

• Like 3

On 11/23/2022 at 10:48 PM, donswife said:

We went last week.  Rafal was clear that the dishes were cooked the way they were designed to be cooked 😉. I can guess what you didn't touch,  it was my least favorite.  Overall it was a wonderful experience and I am so glad we got to go!

We went too last week and all the dishes were perfection, chef's kiss! Can't give anything away, but our family, including our children, loved everything, only a few things that grow on trees of the first appetizer were left. The accompaniment for the main was heavenly. We worked hard to reveal those! Rafael and his team outdid themselves. 

We did receive an invite from Princess a week prior to our sailing, asking if we fancied a spot at their table as a complimentary gift, and we were grateful for the opportunity.  

• Like 2

I was invited earlier this month on the Discovery. I was in a full suite. The experience was different and delightful. The food was made as they wished and we were told there will be no condiments because it's exactly prepared to perfection. Besides alcohol drinks only water was served, probably to cleanse ones palate. I enjoyed experiencing something new and different but wouldn't pay $150 PP when it's rolled out as a paid venue. When it becomes a paid venue they will hand out some souvenir's  like a special medallion.

On 11/23/2022 at 2:05 PM, azbirdmom said:

Did you notice the synchronization? They don't do different. The meals are cooked to perfection. Not over nor under. What is pleasing to the palate.

• Like 1

We just disembarked from the DISCOVERY this morning so the 360 EXPERIENCE is a very fresh memory.  Like others, we were called at home but no message was left so we had no idea why?   I certainly was unable to return the call.  We were lucky enough to be asked once we were onboard.  It truly is a lottery system to select whoever gets invited: I discussed that fact with a staff member.    We did have a mini-suite and friends with a balcony also were asked to attend.  Strangely, we were asked not to talk too much about it so I was surprised to see so much written here.  Rafal and his servers were amazing and the food was outstanding.   We enjoyed it more than any of the several Chef's Tables that we have attended.   Hope you are invited too!  

• Like 1

Just completed the recent cruise on Discovery. 360 a unique and wonderful experience. All food cooked to perfection. 

Countries were Greece, Italy and Spain. Seven courses of delight. My dil was invited with her husband and since she was traveling with my wife and I, she wangled an invitation for us as well. We all had full suite accommodations. 

10 hours ago, mrmarklin said:

I will add this:  I don’t know how Princess will eventually monetize this event, but if you think paying $150 for the experience is too expensive, you don’t get out much. 

Or maybe some people don't place the same value on things as you do. As a fussy eater, I would highly suspect most of the food would be wasted on me, and I'm not a big wine drinker either. While I'd be interested in the experience in terms of atmosphere, it certainly wouldn't be worth $150 to me. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bazandgiz said:

Or maybe some people don't place the same value on things as you do. As a fussy eater, I would highly suspect most of the food would be wasted on me, and I'm not a big wine drinker either. While I'd be interested in the experience in terms of atmosphere, it certainly wouldn't be worth $150 to me. 

When we were called with the invitation to attend, we were asked about food allergies, alcohol, and anything we don't eat. Substitutions were made for people who had shared this info,  including gorgeous looking non-alcoholic beverages. 

• Thanks 1

We went on the 11/5 cruise.  They called us at 6am on the day before the cruise, and DH said yes, although he thought it was just a presentation on future destinations.  We picked 7:30 on the last day.

We were traveling with 4 friends.  Two were in the suite next door, and the other two were in a Club Class mini.

We traveled to the pier with the CC mini friends, and they mentioned getting the call (later in the day) and taking the same time.  

Our friends in the other suite said they didn't get called, but maybe he slept through it (our best guess).

• Thanks 1