Princess Patter

JerseyShore

This is our first post Covid cruise on Princess. I am currently on the Sapphire & very disappointed in the new version of the Patter.  

it does not give you any information on where to go to get off the ship, or detailed information on the shows in the theater.  The old ones had detailed information 

does anyone else feel the same way?

• Like 1

I agree with you, @JerseyShore because if you want to understand exactly what a show is or what style of music an entertainer is presenting, you have to either go into Journey View or use the old Ocean Concierge app with the much better layout/design for the calendar.  I agree with @Mike45LC in that I do not at all miss the ads and other clutter from the old Patter.  Given what they are fitting in, it would take a 3rd page to give us more info and still lose the clutter. 

Another missing item is the profile of selected ship personnel.  Now that did get repetitive for a longer voyage or a B2B, but it was sometimes interesting to read the background and a bit of the personal life of different personnel.  Maybe they could have featured more staff, but that's all gone now. 

At least what we do get can be viewed at a glance for items of interest which is much better than scrolling through the App just to find something - let alone details.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kay S said:

Do they still do the Wake Show?  Sometimes that was a source for additional information about ports, etc.

Maybe I missed the "additional" information section.

I feel it's a total waste of time to listen to, having someone read me the patter including 20 minutes of advertising to boot. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Maybe I missed the "additional" information section.

I feel it's a total waste of time to listen to, having someone read me the patter including 20 minutes of advertising to boot. 

Some Wake Shows are better than others.  A good cruise director will do more than just read the Patter.  My question though is the Wake Show still a thing?  Do they still tape it in Princess Live?

41 minutes ago, Kay S said:

Some Wake Shows are better than others.  A good cruise director will do more than just read the Patter.  My question though is the Wake Show still a thing?  Do they still tape it in Princess Live?

Oh it's still in operation, at least on the Enchanted last spring. 

They video it from different locations on the ship each late afternoon and it's shown late that evening and again n the morning.

• Like 1

We have been on cruises on Majestic, Enchanted (3) since September 2021 and are currently on Crown. We are fine with the one sheet printed Patter. All we need to know what is going on as opposed to JourneyView on the app.

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I agree with you, @JerseyShore because if you want to understand exactly what a show is or what style of music an entertainer is presenting, you have to either go into Journey View or use the old Ocean Concierge app with the much better layout/design for the calendar. 

@Steelers36 are you still able to download the old Ocean app? I recently did my first Medallion cruise, and the journey view in the Medallion app is terrible, I couldn't use it at all. I liked the old version where I could browse the events listing and star my favourites.

10 hours ago, JerseyShore said:

This is our first post Covid cruise on Princess. I am currently on the Sapphire & very disappointed in the new version of the Patter.  

it does not give you any information on where to go to get off the ship, or detailed information on the shows in the theater.  The old ones had detailed information 

does anyone else feel the same way?

I do miss the extra info from the old Patter, but not the pile of ads.

3 hours ago, Bazandgiz said:

@Steelers36 are you still able to download the old Ocean app? I recently did my first Medallion cruise, and the journey view in the Medallion app is terrible, I couldn't use it at all. I liked the old version where I could browse the events listing and star my favourites.

Someone recently pasted being able to use ship.princess.com to see the old schedule view,but not able to star them.

• Like 1

I don't know if this is an option for everyone but a blind friend we were cruising with arranged to have the Patter delivered to him in pdf format each morning or the night before so he could then use his screen reader to have the day's events read to him. He generally had a better idea of what was going on and where than the other five of us. 

Many features of the Medallion app weren't functional for him, but ordering food and drink to wherever he was worked fine for him 95% of the time.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bazandgiz said:

The old OCEAN apps are gone.  The other old option is a website available on board ships.  As posted above, the URL is <shipname>.princess.com.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kay S said:

Do they still do the Wake Show?  Sometimes that was a source for additional information about ports, etc.

Yes, the Wake Show is alive and well, it is prominently displayed on the TV screen when you turn it on in the morning.

• Like 1

I agree whole heartedly. We recently cruised in the Med with Princess and I left a comment to the effect that the old Patter was much better.  I also commented that I go on vacation to get away from my cell phone and that I hate having to be chained to my phone on the ship.

We are sailing on the Sapphire to SA in December, but I expect that my comments will not be heeded.  

• Like 1