Black Friday Sale - Nov 11 thru Dec 1

NorthStarStateCruiser

Thanks for posting.  Was hoping for reduced deposit.  We are looking to book Hawaii for 2024.  I hate having to make a full deposit on a cruise so far out.  We will likely wait and book onboard during our cruise in early 2023.

A cruise I pre-priced yesterday, before the sale, and today, with the sale, is the exact same price, but with an additional $600 of on-board credit since there are three of us sailing.

Edited by njsmom
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

To me it looks like just extra OBC.   I originally read it to be extra discount plus OBC but the "discount" is the same as what's showing today "Up to $800" for quad stateroom.

@wrk2cruise

That's exactly what it is. Extra OBC in addition  to inflated prices.  Celebrity has the gall to market it as 'Bigger and Better'? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

@wrk2cruise

That's exactly what it is. Extra OBC in addition  to inflated prices.  Celebrity has the gall to market it as 'Bigger and Better'? 

Right, they say it's a discount, plus OBC, but the discount is the same that they were already offering. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, njsmom said:

Right, they say it's a discount, plus OBC, but the discount is the same that they were already offering. 

The one I was looking at is offering $400 obc but the price has gone up $200 from yesterday and they've made it refundable. 

51 minutes ago, quiescentlyfrozen said:

Stupid question - can one switch to this new deal if no other cabins of same class available on their cruise, or is that a no-go? I'm already booked for a cruise next year (through Celebrity directly), and this new deal is showing additional $800 OBC. 

Generally no but if booked direct with a Celebrity CVP I'd call them and give it a try.  I've heard of a very few cases where it has worked.  

If you use a TA I don't believe they (like us) can see the current pricing on sold out cabins.

1 hour ago, quiescentlyfrozen said:

Stupid question - can one switch to this new deal if no other cabins of same class available on their cruise, or is that a no-go? I'm already booked for a cruise next year (through Celebrity directly), and this new deal is showing additional $800 OBC. 

Yes i have done it for sunset veranda a few times. However if you take the new deal, you would lose any other amenities/packages you had secured before. For example if you had an something like an elevated drink package(which i am not sure they even do anymore) it would be taken off and replaced with whatever the new package includes. Just ask for a reprice for your current room. Never hurtsto ask! 

Edited by Ckirtz3
Typo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ckirtz3 said:

Yes i have done it for sunset veranda a few times. However if you take the new deal, you would lose any other amenities/packages you had secured before. For example if you had something like an elevated drink package(which i am not sure they even do anymore) it would be taken off and replaced with whatever the new package includes. Just ask for a reprice for your current room. Never hurts to ask! 

Is it best to contact Celebrity through my Travel Agent or contact them myself?  We just booked yesterday, the day before this sale. Our cabin prices out the same under the sale, but with $400 more onboard credit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, spocruiser said:

Is it best to contact Celebrity through my Travel Agent or contact them myself?  We just booked yesterday, the day before this sale. Our cabin prices out the same under the sale, but with $400 more onboard credit.

You will have to go through your TA. Celebrity should honour the OBC. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, sfinigan94 said:

A cruise I was looking at last week now has gone up exactly $200 in the last few days.  Guess where the extra savings and cruise credit is coming from!

The 'ol shell gain -  very common game Celebrity plays.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MScarn123 said:

Thanks for posting this! I was able to rebook our Silhouette cruise for 2024, and will now have an extra $100 in OBC! Now, if I can only figure out how to cancel the original reservation on the Celebrity website...

If you booked directly with Celebrity you should be able to go to cruise planner and cancel directly from there.