Meraviglia Live Review November 13-17...4 Night Getaway in the Yacht Club

Georgia_Peaches

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

Georgia_Peaches was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Welp, arrangements have been made for my girls, bags packed, car loaded and we're off bright and early tomorrow morning.  DH and I will head down I75 to Port Canaveral where our little five night adventure will begin.  Found a little throw back seaside inn on the Space Coast called The Inn at Cocoa Beach where we will enjoy one night in a king, pool view room complete with in-room coffee, evening honor bar, and hot breakfast.

But first....the book keeping...

As with all my reviews, I always provide the financial details for comparison.  I like high style but I will also hunt for a bargain.  When both paths converge into one, like a cat, I pounce!  A few things I won't compromise on though,  include service and comfort.  For those, I will gladly pay extra.  So here we go...

The Inn at Cocoa Beach: 1 night,  King room, pool view, includes breakfast:  $189 all in.

Meraviglia Yacht Club Inside Cabin:  $1520 all in plus $125 OBC.  That breaks down to $190 pp/pd.  We'll use the OBC for gratuities.

We were on Seashore back in August in a YC Deluxe balcony stateroom and although the room was very nice, it was way too warm...largely due to a neighbor sleeping with their balcony door open.  So this time around, I opted for an inside stateroom...no balcony door to leave open.  Will this help?  We shall see.

Having one MSC cruise under our belts, we are most looking forward to trying out a new ship (for us) and this short cruise was the perfect opportunity.  I was a little nervous about Meraviglia's rough start after her Atlantic crossing, but I am hopeful that the kinks have been worked out.  I'll keep you posted!

Meet Piper Cat and Jane...(my girls).

Piper.jpg

Pipercat and Jane.jpg

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
typo
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, Elsammo46 said:

I’m onboard rn in the YC and it’s been a phenomenal cruise! Y’all enjoy ourselves! Let me know if y’all have any questions before you board the ship 

Glad to hear your cruise is awesome!  This makes me even more excited to embark. Speaking of…our embarkation time is 10:00 AM. Last time we arrived closer to 11 but didn’t board until 12 due to delays. Was wondering how your embarkation went… were you able to board soon after checking in or did you wait a while?

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

• Like 1

Boarding was very quick and easy last week, but there are less than 2000 guests on this sailing. Staff have commented that the three and four days cruises have been pretty near capacity so a whole different ballgame. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Glad to hear your cruise is awesome!  This makes me even more excited to embark. Speaking of…our embarkation time is 10:00 AM. Last time we arrived closer to 11 but didn’t board until 12 due to delays. Was wondering how your embarkation went… were you able to board soon after checking in or did you wait a while?

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Check in was a breeze, MAYBE 45 minutes from leaving the car to arrogating at the topsail lounge. Attendants at the terminal are very helpful. I will say one thing though, we are scheduled to be in Ocean Cay, but the schedules left in the room last night indicated that the Ocean House Restaurant is closed today. Could be due to complications from recent storms in the area or staffing issues, I’ll assume the former however as staffing onboard has been more than adequate so far. Hopefully it is open for you guys! 

Edited by Elsammo46
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Elsammo46 said:

Check in was a breeze, MAYBE 45 minutes from leaving the car to arrogating at the topsail lounge. Attendants at the terminal are very helpful. I will say one thing though, we are scheduled to be in Ocean Cay, but the schedules left in the room last night indicated that the Ocean House Restaurant is closed today. Could be due to complications from recent storms in the area or staffing issues, I’ll assume the former however as staffing onboard has been more than adequate so far. Hopefully it is open for you guys! 

Darn!  I’m sorry you dont get to experience the Ocean House. Thank you for the heads up. 😊

• Like 1

So after a blissfully uneventful drive from ATL to Cocoa Beach we have settled into our room…..A very quaint, if not cozy room that is nicely appointed with a king bed and updated furnishings. Best of all, the a/c was alive and well making our room comfortably cool. I am in love with this little throwback hotel complete with retro pool and metal door keys of old. We are literally steps away from the beach where we strolled with a glass (plastic cup) of complimentary  dry white wine. We made it just in time to wave off the Saturday compliment of cruise ships. After strolling a bit we fell into the Sandbar Beach Sports Bar complete with live band and every college football game imaginable. Yes, we are close to heaven. Georgia game coming up…Go Dawgs!!

Pictures:

smoked fish dip at Sandbar

our room

the pool

the beach

oh and us in front of the sunset. Please pardon our “long drive in a car” look!

C39A54E1-1245-4752-B560-A0C1D626FAAF.jpeg

5D96392D-3541-4A91-A267-752ADEBCCE9F.jpeg

63B0EA36-A70B-4588-B4E4-5759820F9CC5.jpeg

332878D7-A2A3-4BC1-9538-6AA0065A68C8.jpeg

7AF434BB-279A-4B8A-9EA7-2F4A02E83D85.jpeg

707B8603-BBA3-4962-B47A-54ADD5D0D576.jpeg

AD295658-069D-4398-AF64-6604514D8783.jpeg

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

So after a blissfully uneventful drive from ATL to Cocoa Beach we have settled into our room…..A very quaint, if not cozy room that is nicely appointed with a king bed and updated furnishings. Best of all, the a/c was alive and well making our room comfortably cool. I am in love with this little throwback hotel complete with retro pool and metal door keys of old. We are literally steps away from the beach where we strolled with a glass (plastic cup) of complimentary  dry white wine. We made it just in time to wave off the Saturday compliment of cruise ships. After strolling a bit we fell into the Sandbar Beach Sports Bar complete with live band and every college football game imaginable. Yes, we are close to heaven. Georgia game coming up…Go Dawgs!!

Pictures:

smoked fish dip at Sandbar

our room

the pool

the beach

oh and us in front of the sunset. Please pardon our “long drive in a car” look!

C39A54E1-1245-4752-B560-A0C1D626FAAF.jpeg

5D96392D-3541-4A91-A267-752ADEBCCE9F.jpeg

63B0EA36-A70B-4588-B4E4-5759820F9CC5.jpeg

332878D7-A2A3-4BC1-9538-6AA0065A68C8.jpeg

7AF434BB-279A-4B8A-9EA7-2F4A02E83D85.jpeg

707B8603-BBA3-4962-B47A-54ADD5D0D576.jpeg

AD295658-069D-4398-AF64-6604514D8783.jpeg

LEZ GO DAWGS 

• Like 1

We sailed October 23rd. The staff in the YC dining room are awesome. George is the Matre D. Drago is his assistant. Caroline was our favorite waiter with her assistant Abdul. They offered dishes not on the menu. Ask the the day before if you want something special. Carlos was our Butler. Best we have ever had on 3 MSC YC cruises. 

• Like 1

Embarkation day at last!!!

But first let me conclude our stay at the Inn at Cocoa Beach.  After returning from dinner we popped into the honor bar and made ourselves a nightcap. Cocktails are self serve and are priced at $6 bucks. There was a nice selection of liquors and mixers to choose from. I had an Absolute and tonic while DH had some Makers on the rocks. We then returned to our little patio to round out the evening. With a DAWGS win under our belts, it was off to sleep. The bed was comfortable and the room temperature was, well… COLD!  DH will tell you that my ideal A/C sweet spot is quite narrow. Insert eye roll, I deserve it 🙄. So I might have adjusted the temperature a tad too low because we both woke up shivering. The bedding consisted of a sheet and a light weight coverlet….not snuggle material at all. Not the fault of the hotel though, most normal folks don’t need a down comforter in Florida! 

On our way to breakfast this morning we encountered several water features Around the grounds that we hadn’t seen yesterday. One of them serves as a sanctuary for a couple of beautiful birds!  Breakfast was nice and included a muffin and egg cup with choice of fruit and yogurt, coffee and juice. It was just enough to lay the foundation for my first embarkation cocktail, which I hope to have in hand very soon. 

To be certain, we enjoyed our stay very much and will definitely be back!

We are off to the pier….

511BF20D-CAD9-4F4C-8E96-008385E2F57F.jpeg

• Like 4

14 hours ago, eagletwo said:

We sailed October 23rd. The staff in the YC dining room are awesome. George is the Matre D. Drago is his assistant. Caroline was our favorite waiter with her assistant Abdul. They offered dishes not on the menu. Ask the the day before if you want something special. Carlos was our Butler. Best we have ever had on 3 MSC YC cruises. 

You must have been on Deck 15.  Could never figure out why he went by Carlos and not Juan or Juan Carlos.

• Like 1

Ok I’m in love with this ship. It’s so different from Seashore, which we loved as well. We are currently in the YC restaurant having embarkation day lunch. Service is exceptional. My only complaint is that I feel like our table is situated on top of our neighbors…our very chatty, potty-mouthed neighbors.  I’m not antisocial at all but I also don’t want to hear the conversations of my fellow guests. I think at dinner we might seek out a more quiet table. 
I started with the cheese plate. 

52FF7444-2F41-4A25-BA76-F8000ABAD098.jpeg

• Like 2

Our lunch entrees:

I had the Cobb salad with chicken. It was very good and perfectly portioned. DH had the lunch filet and it was excellent. I might have had just a tad bit of food envy…but I was trying to be good. Tonight I will eat with reckless abandon!

oh and that’s DH’s traditional embarkation shirt you see in the background 💁‍♀️  Because nothing says love like a face shirt!

27527959-5211-4104-AC26-D81578510F70.jpeg

B8D67B9F-74CA-4E64-8083-B97380F179F6.jpeg

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 5