The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday November 16th, 2022

richwmn

38 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

I want to thank you for taking the time to insert that clarinet concerto.  I just spent the time to watch it while sipping some inexpensive red wine.  While it was great on my computer monitor with my computer speakers, it has inspired me to install perhaps a sound bar or some better speakers to my LG TV and figure out how to watch and hear more music like that.  While I appreciate your expertise on wine things, I now know that you can be counted on to advise us on music things.  Hope we could meet up sometime on a long cruise.

Ray

Aw shucks.  Thank you for the kind comments.  I'm really pleased that you enjoyed the concerto.

I am following your lead by trying out a low dollar red wine tonight.  I just poured a Red Blend wine from Horsehill Vineyard.  This vineyard is, as the crow flies about 5 miles from my house, on the campus of California Polytechnic University, Pomona and is managed jointly by the agriculture and the hospitality colleges.  The grapes are then fermented at a Temecula Valley winery about an hour drive south.  So, while students have much responsibility in maintaining the vineyard and harvesting the grapes, the winemaking is done by experienced professionals.

IMG_9739.jpg.df65b35b74cc960d5a2f94315615886a.jpg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, atexsix said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser  Yes, it is very hard to find the time for recharging the battery, caregiving for somebody bedridden is a huge responsibility, he's 100% dependent on me, in fact, it's very much like having a dependent.  I rarely get away from the house now.  Hobbies and maintaining friendships are off the table, I've tried, and it's just too difficult, about the only thing I can manage is fiddling around with my Iphone because most things can be done in little tiny pockets of time.  Thanks for taking the time to write.

@dfish Did you move to another state?  Was I reading that correctly?  If so, I hope it went well for you.  Wherever it is, the picture of the dusting of snow looks beautiful.  

@StLouisCruisers  Thanks so much for writing.  I've thought of you a couple of times because I know you've been on some cruises and unfortunately I was not in a position to follow along with your adventures, I hope they've been enjoyable and I hope even more I can return to cruising some day.  

I wanted to take some additional time and say hello to the rest of the dailies, when I posted I thought I was in yesterday's daily.  I hope you are all doing well, taking lots of trips, and having a great time!  Since I don't know when I'll be back, I'd like to wish you all Happy Holidays now!

Bruno - It’s always good to hear from you and see how you are doing.   I know you deal with it one day at a time.    You are a great guy - and a good care giver.    Hoping some day to catch up with you again on a ship.   Best wishes for you to have nice holidays.       Take care of yourself. 
Maryell

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

Aw shucks.  Thank you for the kind comments.  I'm really pleased that you enjoyed the concerto.

I am following your lead by trying out a low dollar red wine tonight.  I just poured a Red Blend wine from Horsehill Vineyard.  This vineyard is, as the crow flies about 5 miles from my house, on the campus of California Polytechnic University, Pomona and is managed jointly by the agriculture and the hospitality colleges.  The grapes are then fermented at a Temecula Valley winery about an hour drive south.  So, while students have much responsibility in maintaining the vineyard and harvesting the grapes, the winemaking is done by experienced professionals.

IMG_9739.jpg.df65b35b74cc960d5a2f94315615886a.jpg

..and how was the wine?

• Like 3

16 hours ago, richwmn said:

FB just reminded me that three years ago I spent a wonderful day with @erewhonin New Zealand!

Great memories!

Hard to believe that was so long ago.  The weather that day was much better than it is today, we have fog and rain.

Thank you for the Daily and the locations of the HAL Fleet.

• Like 4