Quartzite Cruiser DH in rehab
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Marshhawk’s friend Jesse with throat cancer and poor attitude
Luvteaching DH recovering from fall and facing dimentia

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

A good day in rehab for Quartzite Cruiser DH
Ichiban Nekko settling into new house
Mister67 relieved of big bandage
Work about to start on Cruisin Terri’s house and great progress with insurance and contractor
4 days for Cruise Suzy, Lazey1, and HAL Lover (Rotterdam 11/20 to 11/30)
3 days for StLouisCruisers and Summer Slope (Volendam 11/19 to 12/17)
3 days for Damcruiser (Nieuw Statendam 11/19 to 1/14/23)
Norseh2o (Sirena to 11/18),   Kazu , 0106, jimgev, Heartgrove and ger_77 (Oosterdam to 11/19).  RednckBob (Beyond  to 11/20), CrazyForCats (Nieuw Amsterdam to 11/20), and me (Eurodam to 11/20) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea

Roy

Thank you for posting today's lists Roy especially while you are cruising.

Graham.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, summer slope said:

VeriFly complete.  We have our pass.  It has been a real hassle getting everything that was needed for this cruise.   Then they flipped ports, changed excursions...but it seems we are ready to go!

Okay.  Did you do this on your IPhone?  I have screenshots of my Covid test results which have a QR code on them as well as results in writing with names, birthdates, etc.  How did you do it?  On the checklist #1 is for the Covid-19 Health Review.  If I click on that I scroll down to Submit Negative Covid-19 test results.  At that point did you use the top method (printed negative test result) or the bottom (digital test certificate)?

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Okay.  Did you do this on your IPhone?  I have screenshots of my Covid test results which have a QR code on them as well as results in writing with names, birthdates, etc.  How did you do it?  On the checklist #1 is for the Covid-19 Health Review.  If I click on that I scroll down to Submit Negative Covid-19 test results.  At that point did you use the top method (printed negative test result) or the bottom (digital test certificate)?

Yes, iPhone. Bottom. Digital. Place box over we code. No screen shot needed. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, atexsix said:

@dfish Did you move to another state?  Was I reading that correctly?  If so, I hope it went well for you.  Wherever it is, the picture of the dusting of snow looks beautiful.  

Yes, Bruno.  I moved from Ohio to Michigan almost 2 weeks ago.  I am now close to my family.  

8 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I found the QR code on the computer and scanned that with my phone to get it to upload to Verifly.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

This morning's PT went very well.  DH walked 166 feet, and then requested a chance to try one of the bicycles which uses his arms and legs.   He used it for eight minutes total.  He is also getting better at transferring between the bed, walker and wheelchair.  The therapists checked his BP often.  It did drop once, but not as far as yesterday.  The next time they checked it was already coming back up.  

He has four therapy sessions between 1 pm and 4 pm.  No telling what will happen with the BP then.  I will probably head back home after the first session, since he will be busy or resting between sessions.

It is really nice to see progress, however small or large, from day to day.

@dfish  Debbie, your new neighborhood looks so peaceful.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, great news about the negative tests.  Good luck with verifly.

@*Miss G*  HAPPY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Lenda

Wow, Lenda! Just wow! Go Steve!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Clarinets are ok. I have my Mother's button tin. We should all try to be more tolerant.

Interesting quote. Yes to the meal, drink, and the wine.

I haven't been to Kiritimati.

Another cloudy cold day, with intermittent snow showers. I had a GYN appointment this morning and blood work done. Now I have to have an US. But, I slept well and feel better today. I didn't eat for 24 hours and my stomach didn't hurt, but can't keep that up. And I'm back on Gabapentin. So nice to feel better for a change; I hope it lasts!

@atexsix Bruno, prayers for you and DD. You are to be commended as his caregiver. Please try to take care of yourself too.

@MISTER 67 Good news about your finger. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for the great photos. And I was glad to read about Steve's accomplishments in PT. Maybe his prior inactivity led to the BP issues, and now that he's moving more it will stabilize.

@smitty34877 I'm pleased that the extra help is making life a bit easier for you all.

@rafinmd Thank you for sharing your cruise and keeping the lists going.

@marshhawk I hope Irving doesn't have cancer.

@dfish It's wonderful to hear that you like the area you moved to. 

@StLouisCruisers Yay for negative tests!

@Crazy For Cats Looks wonderful.

@*Miss G* Happy Anniversary!

@grapau27 Dinner looks great and I'm sure you enjoyed Sarah's company.

@summer slope Congrats on the negative tests.

Prayers for the Care List and a Salute to the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

10 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Yes, iPhone. Bottom. Digital. Place box over we code. No screen shot needed. 

10 minutes ago, dfish said:

Yes, Bruno.  I moved from Ohio to Michigan almost 2 weeks ago.  I am now close to my family.  

I found the QR code on the computer and scanned that with my phone to get it to upload to Verifly.  

I just did as you said with the QR code on my computer screen (I think I tried that earlier too), the photo snapped and VeriFLY says "Sorry, the QR Code you provided doesn not contain a recognized digital certificate".

DH is saying are you sure we had the right test?  As I have gotten before, we got the Walgreen's Rapid NAAT test which I believe is an antigen test.  Am I wrong?  Does Holland America accept them?  I'm trying to find that on their website even though I know I've read it before, and I can't find it.  What kind of test did you get Dixie?

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I just did as you said with the QR code on my computer screen (I think I tried that earlier too), the photo snapped and VeriFLY says "Sorry, the QR Code you provided doesn not contain a recognized digital certificate".

DH is saying are you sure we had the right test?  As I have gotten before, we got the Walgreen's Rapid NAAT test which I believe is an antigen test.  Am I wrong?  Does Holland America accept them?  I'm trying to find that on their website even though I know I've read it before, and I can't find it.  What kind of test did you get Dixie?

We used emed Gina’s now Covid 19 ag

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, summer slope said:

I printed out our test results and then used the phone to scan the QR code. Not from the computer screen. 

I've done that too with same results, several times.  I just wonder if the app is the problem.  I'm going to email my TA and ask her if she knows where to find out if my test is acceptable.  Can't find it.  Has anyone here done the Walgreens Rapid NAAT test for Holland?  

1 minute ago, summer slope said:

We used emed Gina’s now Covid 19 ag

I haven't heard of that test before.  I know I used the same test we did today last May and it was fine with Princess.  That's why I'm trying to find on the HAL website exactly what test I can use.  Kinda late now though, right?

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

UPS had a problem scanning my QR code for my Amazon return.  He said it’s the new QR codes they’re using and to turn my phone screen brightness up as far as it would go.  He was then able to scan the code.

I used the CVS Rapid NAAT and it’s an approved antigen test.

Edited by *Miss G*
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

UPS had a problem scanning my QR code for my Amazon return.  He said it’s the new QR codes they’re using and to turn my phone screen brightness up as far as it would go.  He was then able to scan the code.

I used the CVS Rapid NAAT and it’s an approved antigen test.

Well that's reassuring.  My TA is trying to find out if the test we took was acceptable by HAL.  I can't find a notice listing types of test either in my inbox or on their website.  I may skip VeriFLY all together.  Searching CC for help on the app doesn't bring up good results as usual.

• Like 7

She just says a medically observed antigen or PCR test.  She seemed stunned that the tests cost us so much money.  We told the truth and said they were for travel, we had no symptoms, and hadn't been exposed to anyone who was positive, so we had to pay.  We didn't feel right lying about it to have our health insurance pick up the costs.  I'm sure quite a few people do that though.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Well that's reassuring.  My TA is trying to find out if the test we took was acceptable by HAL.  I can't find a notice listing types of test either in my inbox or on their website.  I may skip VeriFLY all together.  Searching CC for help on the app doesn't bring up good results as usual.

Not sure if the attached is helpful at all.  I didn’t use a QR code for the VeriFLY upload.  I just took a picture of the results document, making sure it included all the items identified in HAL’s FAQ.

B8CE180B-603E-495B-8F78-328F47D42B9A.thumb.png.4c4b24c3da502e0d496e8f3bedd59af7.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Not sure if the attached is helpful at all.  I didn’t use a QR code for the VeriFLY upload.  I just took a picture of the results document, making sure it included all the items identified in HAL’s FAQ.

B8CE180B-603E-495B-8F78-328F47D42B9A.thumb.png.4c4b24c3da502e0d496e8f3bedd59af7.png

That is exactly what I saw on their website but I see it only says antigen test and not specifically Rapid NAAT test.  I've done what you did too, taking a photo of the paper copy of my results page, also screenshots of it.  Then I've done the QR code thing off the computer and off the printed paper copy.  Some folks used to say they had to delete the app and download it again to get it to work.  I wonder if that's my problem.  It's been a long time since it was downloaded so maybe there's an issue there.  I also turned up the brightness like you suggested.  

But here's the strange thing.  When submitting the photo of the results (you click on the top option unlike what Dixie did clicking on the bottom and doing the QR code), you are supposed to fill in information but there are several places where you can't do it.  For instance where you type in your first and last name you can see my name in very light letters but you cannot click on that box and type it in yourself.  Same with birthdate.  Other things worked fine.  I'm wondering if that could be part of the problem.  Sounds like I need to add the trip over again and start from scratch.  

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

That is exactly what I saw on their website but I see it only says antigen test and not specifically Rapid NAAT test.  I've done what you did too, taking a photo of the paper copy of my results page, also screenshots of it.  Then I've done the QR code thing off the computer and off the printed paper copy.  Some folks used to say they had to delete the app and download it again to get it to work.  I wonder if that's my problem.  It's been a long time since it was downloaded so maybe there's an issue there.  I also turned up the brightness like you suggested.  

But here's the strange thing.  When submitting the photo of the results (you click on the top option unlike what Dixie did clicking on the bottom and doing the QR code), you are supposed to fill in information but there are several places where you can't do it.  For instance where you type in your first and last name you can see my name in very light letters but you cannot click on that box and type it in yourself.  Same with birthdate.  Other things worked fine.  I'm wondering if that could be part of the problem.  Sounds like I need to add the trip over again and start from scratch.  

My husband had that exact problem.  He deleted the app and reinstalled and then it worked.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

It's not an antigen test?  By the way I tried putting a PCR test instead of antigen once and got rejected again!  I'm totally confused!

The first red underline specifies PCR.  The 2nd reference is to antigen tests which are less sensitive than NAATs (PCR).

B013864B-026D-4117-908C-8B11437121D1.thumb.jpeg.0e90653d03e0d2a1ee994a7976ed8193.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, XBGuy said:

OH EM GEE.  All those look so good to me.  All those recipes have been sent to Mrs. XBGuy.  Thank you.

In honor of Clarinet Day, here is what many consider the greatest concerto ever written.  Not just the greatest clarinet concerto ever written.  The greatest concerto ever written.  Who am I to argue?  I know, however, that Mrs. XBGuy would disagree.

For Americans here is the opening of this piece is a great opportunity for the principal clarinetist to mess up,

I want to thank you for taking the time to insert that clarinet concerto.  I just spent the time to watch it while sipping some inexpensive red wine.  While it was great on my computer monitor with my computer speakers, it has inspired me to install perhaps a sound bar or some better speakers to my LG TV and figure out how to watch and hear more music like that.  While I appreciate your expertise on wine things, I now know that you can be counted on to advise us on music things.  Hope we could meet up sometime on a long cruise.

Ray

• Like 9