Concierge Lounge happy hour

Fa-Li

Sorry if this has been answered a million times and I just couldn't find it:  In the suite concierge lounge, am I correct that there are (alcoholic) drinks served in the evening?  And if so, are these included as part of the experience or are they charged against the room/drink package? 

I'm trying to figure out if it's worthwhile to plan a pre-dinner linger in the lounge, like on Royal Caribbean, or if we are better off heading to a bar or just drinking our own wine in the room.  Will be on Enchanted if that matters.

Thanks for any insight!

2 hours ago, donswife said:

We are on Discovery,  and the concierge lounge has complimentary drinks from 5-7pm. There is also a fancy machine that makes a lot of different coffee drinks 😃 ️ 

Perfect - this is exactly what I was hoping.  Thank you!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fa-Li said:

Perfect - this is exactly what I was hoping.  Thank you!

The Discovery Concierge Lounge also has fizzy and regular water bottles out all day and night for the taking.  Hopefully it's the same on the Enchanted.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We love the Concierge lounge.  Everything as above, but one thing no one has mentioned - if you like a specific brand of say beer, or a different type of wine and they don't have it in the lounge, they will have it for you the next day.  And no, their happy hour has nothing to do with the drink package.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not only drinks, but the Brownies are so yummy and the cookies delightful. I will admit I had to stop by each time I went to the gym.  Not sure who I was kidding, but hopefully it helped out a bit. Traveling in a suite in April and did not know that they had a happy hour also. Live and learn, Have a drink package but will visit at least once for this.  Thanks for letting us know.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shaver John said:

Not only drinks, but the Brownies are so yummy and the cookies delightful. I will admit I had to stop by each time I went to the gym.  Not sure who I was kidding, but hopefully it helped out a bit. Traveling in a suite in April and did not know that they had a happy hour also. Live and learn, Have a drink package but will visit at least once for this.  Thanks for letting us know.

We, too, have the drink package.  And I'm sure, very sure, I will never hit the 15 drink max.  But it's nice to know that I can hedge a little bit with happy hour in the lounge 🙃

• Like 1

We are currently on the Majestic in a suite. We are able to order complimentary cocktails from 4:30 - 6:30 every evening. Is this on the larger ships only where they have a lounge? We were in a suite on the Ruby in March and did not have this perk.

1 hour ago, courtside said:

We are currently on the Majestic in a suite. We are able to order complimentary cocktails from 4:30 - 6:30 every evening. Is this on the larger ships only where they have a lounge? We were in a suite on the Ruby in March and did not have this perk.

Only the Royal class (which includes the Majestic) has the Concierge Lounge for full suite guests.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, caribill said:

Only the Royal class (which includes the Majestic) has the Concierge Lounge for full suite guests.

I’m confused about the lounges. Is there also a Platinum/Elite lounge on Royal class? I’ve heard the terms suite lounge, concierge lounge, and Platinum /Elite lounge and don’t know if it’s all the same thing.

41 minutes ago, buckeye7 said:

I’m confused about the lounges. Is there also a Platinum/Elite lounge on Royal class? I’ve heard the terms suite lounge, concierge lounge, and Platinum /Elite lounge and don’t know if it’s all the same thing.

Two completely different things. 

There is a Platinum/Elite lounge on all ships, and anyone can go if they are Platinum or Elite.  You purchase your drinks/use your drink package.

The Concierge Lounge is only for full suite guests (only on the Royal Class ships).  Drinks and appys are complimentary.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RLK33853 said:

There is a Platinum/Elite lounge on all ships, and anyone can go if they are Platinum or Elite.  You purchase your drinks/use your drink package.

The Concierge Lounge is only for full suite guests (only on the Royal Class ships).  Drinks and appys are complimentary.

and they have bread sticks in concierge lounge  !  😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, RLK33853 said:

There is a Platinum/Elite lounge on all ships, and anyone can go if they are Platinum or Elite or in a full suite.  You purchase your drinks/use your drink package.

See red above

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I'd forgotten to come back and report our experience, which was wonderful.

The concierge lounge for suite guests was a fantastic resource on this cruise.  Our cabin was on the same deck, so we popped in and out almost every time we left or returned.  The fridge was stocked at all times with soft drinks and waters, and there were always little snacks out.  And yum, the cookies!

Plenty of alcoholic beverages offered during happy hour, and the wonderful staff did offer to get us any particular brands we wanted.  

We enjoyed getting to know other cruisers, especially as this was a 10 day cruise and many had been on the previous 10 days as well, so everyone was relaxed and looking to chat.  But it was never crowded and our group of 4 always had seating options.  

The concierge, Rafael, and Francisco, his assistant, were amazing.  They spend time getting to know each person and figuring out ways to be helpful even outside the lounge.  They took care of adjusting invites to 360 and making sure we knew about special events on the ship.  Francisco even kept an eye out for us in the theater and invited us to the premiere seats even though we did not have that package.  

We really felt the lounge added a ton of value to our suite, especially being so close to it.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Oxo said:

Francisco even kept an eye out for us in the theater and invited us to the premiere seats even though we did not have that package. 

Where were these seats in the showroom?

TIA

If you are standing in the back of the theater, facing the stage,  they were in the left hand section at the first rise, close to the aisle.  So not direct middle, but very good sight lines.  

There were plenty of good seats available without this, we were just standing in the aisle assessing our options when he approached us.  I don't know that the seating is particularly an extra value, it was more that we appreciated feeling looked after, if that makes sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fa-Li said:

If you are standing in the back of the theater, facing the stage,  they were in the left hand section at the first rise, close to the aisle.  So not direct middle, but very good sight lines.  

There were plenty of good seats available without this, we were just standing in the aisle assessing our options when he approached us.  I don't know that the seating is particularly an extra value, it was more that we appreciated feeling looked after, if that makes sense.

Thank you! Rather sit in middle.

Happy Cruising 

On 11/29/2022 at 5:19 AM, RLK33853 said:

We love the Concierge lounge.  Everything as above, but one thing no one has mentioned - if you like a specific brand of say beer, or a different type of wine and they don't have it in the lounge, they will have it for you the next day.  And no, their happy hour has nothing to do with the drink package.

I was just about to ask if they could scare up a few Heineken Zeros for me, and it's good to know they will! 

• 2 weeks later...

Dropped by the lounge twice.  The hot selections were chicken wings then IMG_3088.thumb.jpeg.5877d28d1306ef18bfb4bda23b1b6fcd.jpegIMG_3089.thumb.jpeg.67f7b717dd4e622385dfd545aec7b499.jpegIMG_3090.thumb.jpeg.1a0ef969e16862e9d41998fcbd23768d.jpegspring rolls.  I thought it was nicely done but, since we didn’t know anyone and people seemed to have their own groups, we didn’t stay.

4 hours ago, Senga said:

Dropped by the lounge twice.  The hot selections were chicken wings then IMG_3088.thumb.jpeg.5877d28d1306ef18bfb4bda23b1b6fcd.jpegIMG_3089.thumb.jpeg.67f7b717dd4e622385dfd545aec7b499.jpegIMG_3090.thumb.jpeg.1a0ef969e16862e9d41998fcbd23768d.jpegspring rolls.  I thought it was nicely done but, since we didn’t know anyone and people seemed to have their own groups, we didn’t stay.

This is the Elite lounge, not the Concierge Lounge which is for for suite passengers only.

• Like 1