Coco Cay Beach Club Worth the money? $98 Black Friday sale

molly361

How is the beach area right there compared to the other beaches? I havent seen anyone comment about the difference in that. I read some threads on here the past couple months, well September ish, about the beach there and they weren't glowing reviews compared to the other beaches. Even saw some videos on YouTube with comments as well. I'm not really thrilled about a pool so the beach area sways me more than a big infinity pool. 

I'm asking because my December sailing has that price range as well and I am considering as a treat. But, I'm also thinking that I want to be free to explore the island the day we are there. I'm taking a first time cruiser and want him to be able to see more than one area of the island since I'm not sure when he will be able to cruise again. But, if I pay the $88 for the Beach Club, I will feel inclined to maximize my time there given the extra cost I paid to be there. So, I'm weighing the pros and cons of that also. 

Edited by blueslily
  • Like 1

I went in May for $89 first time. It was fun enough but wouldn't spend that much again. I enjoyed the lunch and it was quiet. I twice snorkeled over at Chill Island and twice hung out at the Beach Club. 3 weeks from now have day bed at Breezy Bay instead with my sister. I called yesterday to ask if she wanted to switch to the Beach Club for the $89 again but she said no.

• Like 2

We had reserved a beach bed in South Beach, but this deal came up (even cheaper than a beach bed!) so we got the beach pass instead. We really enjoy quiet relaxing beach time, so it definitely looks worth it. Not to mention the food, which also looks outstanding!

I almost pulled the trigger again this morning on the $98 sale but it's awfully hard to pay double what you got it for last year! So elected not to.  We loved the experience, but really $98 for just a Fried lobster sandwich, smaller private pool and a sea view...not so much.  We will opt for the chicken sandwich and the Oasis Lagoon.

• Like 2

I almost pulled the trigger again this morning on the $98 sale but it's awfully hard to pay double what you got it for last year! So elected not to.  We loved the experience, but really $98 for just a Fried lobster sandwich, smaller private pool and a sea view...not so much.  We will opt for the chicken sandwich and the Oasis Lagoon.  I was almost the first one in the club that morning and so we snagged the circular beds right by the bar.889815846_Ourpads.thumb.jpg.ac3ef128f48577355bdfd85949953083.jpg2029122552_ourbeds.thumb.jpg.4b005f0d1086d1bc2a1067ebe9ab30b6.jpg

Another friend of ours did a group on one of the overwater cabanas.  They enjoyed it, but I could never justify that expense now...and would you believe it, Odyssey has already sold out all of the cabanas everywhere and only one left of the day pass.  Looks like somebody has money even in these inflated times!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tinkr2 said:

@PompeySailorSo your plate looks amazing, you can have more than one of each item? So its like in the mdr, order as I please?

Let’s just say 

We were asked if we would like more 

and we obliged 😉

The four tails were just nine 🦞 

Daughter had Lobster and steak, DW had turf and turf 

unlike MDR no upcharge for filet or tails 

YMMV

Enjoy!

• Like 1

On 11/18/2022 at 1:10 PM, OCSC Mike said:

Not worth it to me, personally, because I enjoy the free food so much and have no trouble getting quick drink service or walking to the bar from our preferred Oasis Pool spot. After that, the chair, towel, pool, etc. just aren't important to me. Like most things cruise-related, it's a personal preference thing.

All that said, when my generous FIL treated the family to an OTW cabana, the food was very good (I actually preferred the coconut crusted lobster sandwich to the plain lobster and filet was also very good).

You obviously got a good price so if any part of it is appealing, try it.

The food in the overwater cabanas is the same food that is at the Bech club? The lobster and filet?

On 11/18/2022 at 7:50 PM, irishgal432 said:

I booked it once at 79.00.  If you keep it go early to get your lunch reservation set.  we went later and ended up very late and the food was not great. The pool and beach were nice  and it was a little quieter and had a nice bar as well.  There are also beach mats we used.

So I have to make a reservation for lunch? What is early? 8am or 10?😀

On 11/18/2022 at 12:28 PM, cruiselvr04 said:

We got the same deal.  We’ve never done it as it’s always been at least $169.  So we will try it and see.  Then I can say I’ve done it and don’t need to do it again.

While the day there can be free it’s nice to try something new once in a while.  And I’d rather try something new at a lesser then normal price. YMMV.

This is exactly me. I have been a lot to the island and never wanted to spend the money,  never even considered it. But I'm going with a friend so only paying for me and now I can say I did it. I am actually a little worried my friend will miss the fun party pool.

40 minutes ago, tinkr2 said:

The food in the overwater cabanas is the same food that is at the Bech club? The lobster and filet?

So I have to make a reservation for lunch? What is early? 8am or 10?😀

This is exactly me. I have been a lot to the island and never wanted to spend the money,  never even considered it. But I'm going with a friend so only paying for me and now I can say I did it. I am actually a little worried my friend will miss the fun party pool.

We didnt go until about 10:30 and had the last slot.  This was during the restart last year when it wasn't very busy.

13 hours ago, molly361 said:

For my Feb cruise they want $124 but for May and November it was $88 so I booked those.  It's sold out for my Wonder cruise next month

I feel like a mug. I just paid $123pp for my Wonder in May. But that's down from the $250pp they were asking before the sale. So it seemed like a good deal. Never been Perfect Day before so thought we would do it up right. Do you have to go very far out to get waist deep in ocean? 

On 11/18/2022 at 6:50 PM, irishgal432 said:

I booked it once at 79.00.  If you keep it go early to get your lunch reservation set.  we went later and ended up very late and the food was not great. The pool and beach were nice  and it was a little quieter and had a nice bar as well.  There are also beach mats we used.

Are the beach mats included in the price? 

3 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

So worth it!  Grab it if it is still available.

Hi there, we are considering as well. But leaning more to no. What makes it "so worth it" for you? Thanks.

Also, hows the beach there compared to other areas? And, do you stay there all day OR do you explore other areas of the island that day as well. 

Thx

9 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

Let’s just say 

We were asked if we would like more 

and we obliged 😉

The four tails were just nine 🦞 

Daughter had Lobster and steak, DW had turf and turf 

unlike MDR no upcharge for filet or tails 

YMMV

Enjoy!

Yet ! I'm sure the change is coming don't you think?

Edited by Jimbo

44 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Hi there, we are considering as well. But leaning more to no. What makes it "so worth it" for you? Thanks.

Also, hows the beach there compared to other areas? And, do you stay there all day OR do you explore other areas of the island that day as well. 

Thx

I've almost talked myself into just getting the lobster onboard and saving $70 or so.  I'm not an all day beach person so not sure if it's really of value to me even at the $88 price plus tax so almost $100😇

• Like 1

We went back in November 2021.  We enjoy all of CocoCay, however the Beach Club was a rare step up for us, and we decided that we would like to do it again.  $100/pp is our limit.

We were there during reduced capacity sailings, so I imagine it would be even better now that ships are full.

We bought it a couple days ago for $79/pp for our Feb sailing on Anthem.  The price before that was $160/pp.

15 minutes ago, Cooper30 said:

We went back in November 2021.  We enjoy all of CocoCay, however the Beach Club was a rare step up for us, and we decided that we would like to do it again.  $100/pp is our limit.

We were there during reduced capacity sailings, so I imagine it would be even better now that ships are full.

We bought it a couple days ago for $79/pp for our Feb sailing on Anthem.  The price before that was $160/pp.

Hi there, what are you thinking will be better about it now that the ships are full? We are still considering trying it. But, with ships full, we are thinking that it will be less quiet which is the opposite of what we would want to pay for? What do you think will he better now that more passengers are sailing on ships? 

5 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Hi there, what are you thinking will be better about it now that the ships are full? We are still considering trying it. But, with ships full, we are thinking that it will be less quiet which is the opposite of what we would want to pay for? What do you think will he better now that more passengers are sailing on ships? 

We're thinking that with the limited capacity of the Beach Club, it won't seem as crowded as the rest of the island. 

The Beach Club itself was sold out when we went before (as reported by another couple we met later that week who tried to book when they came onboard) and it was very comfortable for us.