The Porch (Reflection) no longer open for lunch on port days...

Tom-n-Cheryl

In February of this year we thoroughly enjoyed our lunches at The Porch (it was open every day). On sea days we'd hit up the Lawn Club Grill for a great burger. It was a nice perk, being in a RS and having both of these places included. This was especially nice since Celebrity already had Luminae closed for lunch on port days.

We just boarded today and learned that The Porch now only serves lunch on sea days - we're on for a B2B. This is unfortunate, as it was truly one of the factors we considered in booking the Reflection again. So now, with Luminae already a non-option most days (most days are port days). this leaves us with what feels like very basic choices.

Thanks Celebrity...

Tom

Nice to know. We will be on the Reflection in a couple of weeks in an RS and are waiting for the shore side concierge to confirm our dining plans.  We enjoyed the Porch one time, and not so much another time and had not planned to lunch there as we want to try Sushi on 5 for a change. 

Looking forward to any other observations about the Reflection as we have not been on it since our Mardi Gras cruise just before the big shut down, and it is our favorite Celebrity ship..

16 minutes ago, Plato123 said:

Nice to know. We will be on the Reflection in a couple of weeks in an RS and are waiting for the shore side concierge to confirm our dining plans.  We enjoyed the Porch one time, and not so much another time and had not planned to lunch there as we want to try Sushi on 5 for a change. 

Looking forward to any other observations about the Reflection as we have not been on it since our Mardi Gras cruise just before the big shut down, and it is our favorite Celebrity ship..

Another observation, though it's early yet... We had under 900 people onboard in February. Today we're up to ~ 2,777. I've been noticing that the internet is quite slow, compared to that sailing. Obviously, many more people sharing the bandwidth...

i-h58n8Lf-X2.png

Tom

Totally understand your disappointment, we also enjoyed The Porch on port days when we cruised both the Reflection and Silhouette. I can understand the closure, however, as on both cruises the venue was almost empty.

Suggest you have a word with the concierge or your butler expressing your disappointment. Perhaps suggesting the food items you would have enjoyed…They may be able to ‘enhance’ your room service offerings….

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Another observation, though it's early yet... We had under 900 people onboard in February. Today we're up to ~ 2,777. I've been noticing that the internet is quite slow, compared to that sailing. Obviously, many more people sharing the bandwidth...

i-h58n8Lf-X2.png

Tom

Starlink's a coming!

We board Reflection next Sunday. We were timing our drive to the port to be sure we could go to the Porch for lunch. And in Nassau the next day. Very disappointing. Is Sushi on 5 open port days?  Looks like an extra hour of sleep for me Sunday morning.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Beyond and Eclipse already have it, Edge and Apex are scheduled to have it in two weeks.  Reflection and Summit on May 6th...Anything schedule-related can change but the good news they seem to be on schedule

On the last day of our Spring TA 🙄😁

11 minutes ago, flviking said:

We board Reflection next Sunday. We were timing our drive to the port to be sure we could go to the Porch for lunch. And in Nassau the next day. Very disappointing. Is Sushi on 5 open port days?  Looks like an extra hour of sleep for me Sunday morning.

Yes, Sushi on Five is open. It obviously generates more/sufficient income. Not much on that menu which appeals to us.

Tom

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I'm really surprised they haven't changed the concept for The Porch. Can't think of a single time I have seen more than 2-3 tables there at once. It's usually one lone table, if not completely empty. 

On our November 7-17 Silhouette cruise they were turning people away at lunch time.  I was shocked as it usually is not busy.

• 2 weeks later...

We sat there on one of our sea days. It was not more than half full, but they were "fully booked" and turning people away if they did not have reservations. I think the problem is that for those who actually have to pay the surcharge, it seems on the pricey side.  A $30++ lobster roll is a pretty tough sell...

1 hour ago, Mupi2k said:

We sat there on one of our sea days. It was not more than half full, but they were "fully booked" and turning people away if they did not have reservations. I think the problem is that for those who actually have to pay the surcharge, it seems on the pricey side.  A $30++ lobster roll is a pretty tough sell...

Which has always been a top complaint of cruising, they push the dining package on board, you buy it and can only have dinner at 915pm

On 11/30/2022 at 7:20 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

Which has always been a top complaint of cruising, they push the dining package on board, you buy it and can only have dinner at 915pm

Darn... I was just contemplating going with a package plan for a cruise next year. That sounds like it would be a bit frustrating, to say the least!

Tom

3 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Darn... I was just contemplating going with a package plan for a cruise next year. That sounds like it would be a bit frustrating, to say the least!

Tom

You can ask on board if you can get onto a no-show list but still requires flexibility 

• Thanks 1

On the 11/27 Reflection cruise it did open for lunch in either St. Thomas or St. Maarten. I don't remember. We found the dining venues open for lunch changed frequently.  Lesson learned, update your app every morning and check what you are looking for.  It is a pain. With the understanding they are understaffed in specialties this must be one of the work arounds.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, flviking said:

On the 11/27 Reflection cruise it did open for lunch in either St. Thomas or St. Maarten. I don't remember. We found the dining venues open for lunch changed frequently.  Lesson learned, update your app every morning and check what you are looking for.  It is a pain. With the understanding they are understaffed in specialties this must be one of the work arounds.

Darn it - I guess we missed a day. Gani didn't tell me !!

Tom

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, SSAtlantic said:

Did you make reservations for The Porch for lunch or dinner? We are thinking of trying it for dinner on a night the MDR does not appeal and we can’t get an early time at LCG. 

Once you're onboard - I was not able to reserve anything prior to sailing for The Porch (lunch or dinner) through the Shoreside Concierge. As far as the Lawn Club Grill, only dinner could be reserved ahead of time, not lunch (burger menu).

Tom