Oversold GTY Oceanview Balcony

Dthorne1

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Still no assignment on Laura cabin for Jewel NYE.

I haven’t told her 😉

We booked an OV gty on Jewel NYE couple weeks before you.  We have a number hidden in the barcode but we still do not have an assignment.  Not sure why they are waiting.

Edited by Starry Eyes

4 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

We booked an OV gty on Jewel NYE couple weeks before you.  We have a number hidden in the barcode but we still do not have an assignment.  Not sure why they are waiting.

I'll take a look and see if I can decipher it

Thnx

39 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'll take a look and see if I can decipher it

Thnx

Download your set sail pass in your apple wallet, then the last digits are  your room number.  It may only work if you see a muster station assigned to your set sail before downloading into your apple wallet.

On 11/23/2022 at 11:53 AM, WheresWalter said:

The "Grade" is the overall designation of a cabin. Not just within a category. All cabins on a ship are given a grade and when they say your 'grade is not guaranteed' they are saying they can move you into any 'grade' on the ship. 

I believe you have confused category and grade 

Category (balcony, interior, ocean view…)is “guaranteed” grade is not 

39 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Download your set sail pass in your apple wallet, then the last digits are  your room number.  It may only work if you see a muster station assigned to your set sail before downloading into your apple wallet.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work on Android. Now I do see a muster, but it's way different than mine. It does say Deck 4, though.

But thanks

Edited by John&LaLa

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work on Android. Now I do see a muster, but it's way different than mine. It does say Deck 4, though.

But thanks

I've had it work with Android. Use your phone's camera or qr code app and scan the bar code on the set sail pass.

• Thanks 1

I have a GTY balcony on Anthem on 12/11. It’s showed the cabin using the barcode trick for the past month but only yesterday did the cabin show on my set sail pass. Finally got my cruise docs with luggage tags today. I was wondering why the wait as well, but at least it finally updated. 🙂

i usually pick a cabin but this was a last minute decision and the balcony GTY was less than the insides and a crazy good deal so we decided it was worth it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Now I do see a muster, but it's way different than mine. It does say Deck 4, though.

The barcode likely does contain the assignment then. It's a bit of work but you can also decode the barcode on a PC - upload the pic of the barcode (use snip) to OnLine Barcode Decoder (online-barcode-reader.com)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Sorry.  Not sure whether I used an s10 or later model.  Do you have the qr code app on your phone?  

Camera reads QR codes fine as is. Hate to add another app. I'm about full. No hurry to know anyway. I got my cabin😉

41 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Camera reads QR codes fine as is. Hate to add another app. I'm about full. No hurry to know anyway. I got my cabin😉

Do you and Laura attempt to get your solo cabins near each other?  If so, knowing Laura’s future assignment would allow you to swap if a cabin in your category comes available nearby.  OV’s have been available at times.

Or did you.get a particularly choice assignment that should not be forfeited?

Edited by Starry Eyes

11 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

Do you and Laura attempt to get your solo cabins near each other?  If so, knowing Laura’s future assignment would allow you to swap if a cabin in your category comes available nearby.  OV’s have been available at times.

Or did you.get a particularly choice assignment that should not be forfeited?

On the world cruise we were at complete opposite ends at on time. I'll ask TA to follow up in a few days

On 11/28/2022 at 8:19 AM, John&LaLa said:

On the world cruise we were at complete opposite ends at on time. I'll ask TA to follow up in a few days

Perhaps Laura’s assignment will be official in a few days (mine, too, for that matter). If not, I rather doubt TAs have access to the guest’s set sail pass to decode the barcode even if the TA know the barcode trick.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Perhaps Laura’s assignment will be official in a few days (mine, too, for that matter). If not, I rather doubt TAs have access to the guest’s set sail pass to decode the barcode even if the TA know the barcode trick.

Ken tells me all the OV's are gone. Just a few suites left. Guess they're waiting on RoyalUps to process

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Ken tells me all the OV's are gone. Just a few suites left. Guess they're waiting on RoyalUps to process

I’ve been watching.  Many days the OVs show sold out. Every and then OV’s have been available.  As my cabin is not officially assigned yet, though, I could not swap.  

On 11/29/2022 at 4:16 PM, Starry Eyes said:

Today we got our docs and our official cabin assignment (deck 3 near forward elevators).  Did Laura get her assignment?

• Like 1

On 11/23/2022 at 6:15 PM, Biker19 said:

Just realize that booking a fixed cabin does not exempt you from a very rare, but possible move.

An agent just told me that I can't move without paying the difference. There are cabins available within what I was assigned. I have no problem owning my mistake and certainly won't do this again. 🤣

5 minutes ago, C_hasRedBottoms said:

An agent just told me that I can't move without paying the difference. There are cabins available within what I was assigned. I have no problem owning my mistake and certainly won't do this again. 🤣

If the cabin you want to move to is the SAME EXACT category as what you were assigned call again and ask to switch cabins.  DON'T mention that you have a guaranteed stateroom just ask to switch cabins and give them the new cabin number

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, C_hasRedBottoms said:

They must not be the exact cabin category or you could move. Like d2 can only move to D2, not d3, though both are balconies.

• Like 1