Muster drill on hal

uncleboo

Hello I haven’t been on Holland American in a while how do they do the mustar drill? Do you actually have to go outside with your life jacket anymore? The two crews just like this on recently just have you have to watch a video in your room and then go to muster station to check in and swipe your card please advise what the policy is so I will be prepared ahead of time thank you very much

I was on HAL (Zuidy) this last April.  The lifejackets stay in your cabin.

Yes, you watch the video on your in-cabin television.  Then go to the muster location with your room key.  There were a LOT of personnel directing people .. and it goes smoothly & quickly.  It was my first cruise -- and was slightly surprised that "all" they wanted to do was swipe your Room Key. 

No "do you have any questions".

No "as a reminder you will blah blah".

No delay.  Lol.

----Matthew

Yup totally different than in the past.  FYI - life jackets were dropped long ago, but now you just watch the video, check out your life jacket and head up to your muster station and get your card swiped.

Pretty easy peasy. 😉 

1 hour ago, Steirisch said:

I always liked muster drills.  Somehow it created a camaraderie with your fellow (potential) lifeboat passengers.  Alas, times have changed.

We were on a muster drill in the port of Copenhagen. Directly in front of us were a couple from our roll call who we had met when visiting DW's mother because they only lived one town away. I said, "You fly all the way across the Atlantic, and can't keep from seeing people from Long Island". They turned around and we all had a hearty laugh.

• Like 1

I am on the Zuiderdam and we went tour muster station and nobody was there.

about 4 muster stations down there were crew scanning the keycard.

if you are on an odd side and there is no one at the muster station look for another muster station that can scan your card.  Same as with the even side.

Made things confusing but we got it done.

• Like 1