Question for the ladies regarding carrying your cell phone

rjack22

I bought a cell phone lanyard for my phone.  I need my phone on the ship to order drinks and snacks whenever I want.  I also use it to locate my shipmates.

Gear Beast Cell Phone Lanyard - Neck Phone Holder w/ Card Pocket and Silicone Neck Strap - Compatible with Most Smartphones, Black 

Edited by irishgirl

17 hours ago, rjack22 said:

Thanks for all of the ideas!   Question...if you leave your bag at your lounge chair or buffet table to hold your place, aren't you afraid to leave it with your cell phone in it unattended?    I would be.

Maybe I will discover that I don't need my phone either.   I think the greatest appeal is being able to order food and drink to wherever you are.

Think about how much your phone cost. Would you leave that amount of cash unattended. A new model I phone is expensive. Also what about photos you have on there, willing to lose them?   What about bank cards, store cards etc.  what about all the hassle sorting it all out.  I know that’s why lots of people leave their phone in the cabin.  I always used to, but it is now very handy to have with me. ( my preference). I use a small cross body bag, just big enough for my phone and a tissue!  

17 hours ago, t&atravel said:

How do you take pictures?  Mine is my camera and I am always ready with it at hand for whale sightings in Alaska, a funny moment at a venue, sailaways etc.  Too many times I’ve missed these moments when I left it in the room.  It is also my timepiece for getting to events or for meal times.  Phones are for more than just communication.

I really dislike taking pictures with my phone--although I do sometimes--so I carry a small camera instead.  I also wear a watch.  Guess I'm a Luddite.  

No way would I lay my bag down with my phone in it unattended!  Just not happening. 

I too prefer a regular camera as opposed to my cell phone.  Now I do take pictures on my phone, but only when I don't have my camera with me. On vacations I always have my camera for pictures. 

• Like 1

From when we started cruising back in the early 90's I've always carried some type of small shoulder bag because I never carry anything in my pockets - my hips and backside are wide enough on their own without adding anything to that area - and I always seem to have something to carry; tissues, lipstick/chapstick, cruise card, nail file, Advil, pencil/pen, band aid.  Fortunately, my cell phone fits along with all the other stuff I still seem to need to carry - I might have issues 🤣 

Cruise Bag.jpg

• Like 1

I am a guy, but will share that Mrs Ldubs has a collection of small Kipling brand purses (bags? Totes?) of different colors and sizes.  They have a monkey key chain hanging off them which I find sort of fascinating.   Her smallest ones are just for the cell phone.  The larger, which I think are still relative compact, she uses for excursions.  

I only know this because Mrs Ldubs recently shared some additions to her inventory.  

• Like 1