Rudi's Sel De Mar night in Pinnacle

dontpanik

19 minutes ago, dontpanik said:

Does anyone know where one can see if the Rudi's night is still Available on the Nieuw Amsterdam, officially?

Sorry the pop ups are not available on any of the ships any longer unless you are on a Pinnacle Class ship which is the full menu.  😔 

Just now, kazu said:

Sorry the pop ups are not available on any of the ships any longer unless you are on a Pinnacle Class ship which is the full menu.  😔 

Thank you.  I'm on with HAL now and they say it is still available on select nights in the Pinnacle but she couldn't be more specific like when. I thought I read someone stated it was stopping, but I can't find anything from HAL stating they've stopped and her computer is still saying it's there. *shrug*

1 minute ago, dontpanik said:

Thank you.  I'm on with HAL now and they say it is still available on select nights in the Pinnacle but she couldn't be more specific like when. I thought I read someone stated it was stopping, but I can't find anything from HAL stating they've stopped and her computer is still saying it's there. *shrug*

Wow.  If it is enjoy.  I had it booked for my group as a treat and HAL left it booked but I quickly saw that it wasn’t available to book on line.

If your internet is working go to book specialty dining - if every night is PG it isn’t happening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Wow.  If it is enjoy.  I had it booked for my group as a treat and HAL left it booked but I quickly saw that it wasn’t available to book on line.

If your internet is working go to book specialty dining - if every night is PG it isn’t happening.

This is one of the annoying things about HAL.  I booked Rudi's as a pop up on my Eurodam cruise that begins Wednesday (3-4 days).  When I saw the mention on cruise critic that they were no longer doing that as pop-us I checked my booking and sure enough it's not available to book.  However, HAL hasn't canceled it - my itinerary still shows my reservation for Rudi's.  If it's going to happen, great, but I assume it will not and I'll have to request a refund onboard.  I don't want it changed to a Pinnacle dinner since I already have that booked and once is enough.  Wish HAL would get their sh** together - this isn't rocket science.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

This is one of the annoying things about HAL.  I booked Rudi's as a pop up on my Eurodam cruise that begins Wednesday (3-4 days).  When I saw the mention on cruise critic that they were no longer doing that as pop-us I checked my booking and sure enough it's not available to book.  However, HAL hasn't canceled it - my itinerary still shows my reservation for Rudi's.  If it's going to happen, great, but I assume it will not and I'll have to request a refund onboard.  I don't want it changed to a Pinnacle dinner since I already have that booked and once is enough.  Wish HAL would get their sh** together - this isn't rocket science.

Sue/WDW1972

Sue, once I saw it wasn’t available, I cancelled.  I didn’t want the hassle of the “night auditor” on board.  the night auditor takes too long and is not very efficient IME.

7 minutes ago, kazu said:

Sue, once I saw it wasn’t available, I cancelled.  I didn’t want the hassle of the “night auditor” on board.  the night auditor takes too long and is not very efficient IME.

I had the same thought Jacqui, but then thought I might need something to ***** about.  On my HAL cruises I tend to be happy about everything, lol!  Also, I'm curious what they're going to say - what excuse will be offered for this stupidity.  In the end, I'll have my refund, but I'd rather have the Rudi's meal.  

Sue/WDW1972

16 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

I had the same thought Jacqui, but then thought I might need something to ***** about.  On my HAL cruises I tend to be happy about everything, lol!  Also, I'm curious what they're going to say - what excuse will be offered for this stupidity.  In the end, I'll have my refund, but I'd rather have the Rudi's meal.  

Sue/WDW1972

I’m with you on wanting the meal.  Don’t understand why they dropped it.  It was a fabulous meal in all of my experiences and seemed to sell well.  Wondering if it was supply issues or just jerk in corporate who has never cruised or tasted it 😉 😂 

We reserved and paid in advance for Rudi's for our Jan 2022 cruise on the Zuiderdam, and it was delightful! Reserved and paid for one of the two listed available dates on our Jun 2022 cruise on Oosterdam. When dining in the Pinnacle one night, we were told that Rudi's would not be available. Manager said he was hoping it would be available on the next cruise. Very disappointing. Our account was credited promptly.

4 hours ago, dontpanik said:

Does anyone know where one can see if the Rudi's night is still Available on the Nieuw Amsterdam, officially?

No , we ate at the last Rudi's on the Neiuw Amsterdam on Glacier Bay Day on September 29th . You can see the photo review on it that we did today here:

I experienced the pop-up Sel de Mer on the Nieuw Amsterdam.  I have also experienced Sel de Mer on the Koningsdam.  The Koningsdam had much better service.  The server on the NA was inexperienced at de-boning the Dover Sole and it had so many bones it was almost inedible.  In the Sel de Mer dining room the servers debone every night.  On the NA it’s once a week at most.  We didn’t complain because I felt it would be unfair to the server.  There is no comparison as far as the service provided.  Top notch service is one of the reasons for choosing Sel de Mer on a Pinnacle Class ship.

• Like 1

I was told personally by one of the Pinnacle Grill supervisors on the Nieuw Amsterdam that all Rudy's pop ups were discontinued as of October 1, 2022. 😒  It's now only available in the dedicated Rudy's restaurants on the Pinnacle class ships.  I had my reservation for October 8th cancelled.  @scubacruiserx2got in just under the wire.  Too bad, because I really enjoyed the pop ups previously (except on one horrible time on Oosterdam in 2019.....that one was a one off for sure).  On Rotterdam earlier this month I had to cancel my Rudy's reservation due to illness then when I went to rebook, I was told it was sold out and waitlisted for the remainder of the cruise.  

~Nancy

1 hour ago, oaktreerb said:

I experienced the pop-up Sel de Mer on the Nieuw Amsterdam.  I have also experienced Sel de Mer on the Koningsdam.  The Koningsdam had much better service.  The server on the NA was inexperienced at de-boning the Dover Sole and it had so many bones it was almost inedible.  In the Sel de Mer dining room the servers debone every night.  On the NA it’s once a week at most.  We didn’t complain because I felt it would be unfair to the server.  There is no comparison as far as the service provided.  Top notch service is one of the reasons for choosing Sel de Mer on a Pinnacle Class ship.

And this is how ships differ - I had pop ups in the old Rotterdam once & the Prinsendam numerous times and the  Dover sole was expertly de-boned and very quickly.  The entire dinner was an excellent experience and well done.  

It will be interesting to compare on the Koningsdam in a few weeks.  Prinsendam, especially did it well so if Koningsdam does it better it should be exceptional 🙂 

13 hours ago, kazu said:

And this is how ships differ - I had pop ups in the old Rotterdam once & the Prinsendam numerous times and the  Dover sole was expertly de-boned and very quickly.  The entire dinner was an excellent experience and well done.  

It will be interesting to compare on the Koningsdam in a few weeks.  Prinsendam, especially did it well so if Koningsdam does it better it should be exceptional 🙂 

I’ll be interested in your experience.  We ate in Sel de Mer the week before Rudy was expected to be onboard and our server was looking forward to meeting him.   The manager introduced himself and when I asked about some empty tables he told us that reservations are limited so that they will be able to offer attentive service.  This is intended to be a 2 hour dining experience.  The Sel de Mer dining room is very intimate as opposed to the Pinnacle dining room.   Enjoy!

2 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

I’ll be interested in your experience.  We ate in Sel de Mer the week before Rudy was expected to be onboard and our server was looking forward to meeting him.   The manager introduced himself and when I asked about some empty tables he told us that reservations are limited so that they will be able to offer attentive service.  This is intended to be a 2 hour dining experience.  The Sel de Mer dining room is very intimate as opposed to the Pinnacle dining room.   Enjoy!

I will certainly share, never fear.  The pop ups I had were in the Pinnacle Grill and believe me the PG on the P’dam is not big.  They too did not fill it (at least not at the same time) to give good service.  It will be my first Pinnacle Class ship so it will be interesting 😉 

• Like 1

We had Rudi's reservations on the Oct 7 sailing of the Noordam when I read comments on these boards that it had been cancelled.  The Navigator app continued to show my reservation and we ate at the Rudi's pop-up in the Pinnacle Grill.  I can't vouch for other ships or other sailings, but I can say that we ate at Rudi's and it was great.

4 hours ago, sciencewonk said:

We had Rudi's reservations on the Oct 7 sailing of the Noordam when I read comments on these boards that it had been cancelled.  The Navigator app continued to show my reservation and we ate at the Rudi's pop-up in the Pinnacle Grill.  I can't vouch for other ships or other sailings, but I can say that we ate at Rudi's and it was great.

That's great!  As happens often around here, there is a lot of ship to ship inconsistency!  I'm curious to see if anyone else has attended a Pop Up Rudy's since October 1st.  My October 8th reservation was definitely cancelled but I did get a phone call onboard a couple days ahead to let me know.

~Nancy

On 11/26/2022 at 10:08 PM, oakridger said:

I was told personally by one of the Pinnacle Grill supervisors on the Nieuw Amsterdam that all Rudy's pop ups were discontinued as of October 1, 2022. 😒  It's now only available in the dedicated Rudy's restaurants on the Pinnacle class ships.  I had my reservation for October 8th cancelled.  @scubacruiserx2got in just under the wire.  Too bad, because I really enjoyed the pop ups previously (except on one horrible time on Oosterdam in 2019.....that one was a one off for sure).  On Rotterdam earlier this month I had to cancel my Rudy's reservation due to illness then when I went to rebook, I was told it was sold out and waitlisted for the remainder of the cruise.  

~Nancy

This is really a huge disappointment.  We love Sel de Mer, whether pop up or stand alone.  On the Pinnacle class ships the restaurant has a more extensive menu, but we always found something that delighted us on the pop up menu.  It will be difficult for us next summer because we won't have Rudi's or Tamarind.  

7 hours ago, oakridger said:

That's great!  As happens often around here, there is a lot of ship to ship inconsistency!  I'm curious to see if anyone else has attended a Pop Up Rudy's since October 1st.  My October 8th reservation was definitely cancelled but I did get a phone call onboard a couple days ahead to let me know.

~Nancy

We were on Oosterdam in November.  I had Sel de Mer booked but it disappeared off the dining options even though I remained booked. I cancelled as I saw only PG was available.

I watched on board and there was no Sel de Mer pop up. 😔