Library

macaroni

5 hours ago, pris993 said:

This one of the biggest disappointments of the newer ships, use to love to look through the travel books on board.

Libraries do not generate any revenue.  Would you really expect them to have them.  Azamara used to have a wonderful library on board w comfy chairs to sit in and also jig saw puzzle tables.  When they did the renovation of their latest ship they replaced the library w yet another bar.  I guess that a ship can never have enough bars.  Thank god for Kindles.

DON

• Like 2

While I admit to being disappointed when i saw there was no library on Enchanted it did seem they are becoming more of a dead space on board. Was on Regal earlier this year and despite walking past the library several times each day and going and sitting in it on several occasion I never saw another person in it.

7 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Libraries do not generate any revenue.  Would you really expect them to have them.  Azamara used to have a wonderful library on board w comfy chairs to sit in and also jig saw puzzle tables.  When they did the renovation of their latest ship they replaced the library w yet another bar.  I guess that a ship can never have enough bars.  Thank god for Kindles.

DON

In the days of the R class Royal, Ocean and Pacific Princess we spent a lot of time in that library. It was a quiet haven. Oceania has one of these previous R class ships from Princess and a couple they had before and Azamara also has one. Removing that library would massively change the cruising experience.

7 hours ago, donaldsc said:

DON

I have been cruising since the early 1980s, it is only in the past 10 years that ships started eliminating libraries, first saw it on Celebrity ships which still had a facade of a library, no real books.  To answer your question, I do expect them to have a decent library especially of travel related materials.