Jim_Iain - Solstice LIVE Mexico Riveria B2B - December 3 and 11

Jim_Iain

2 hours ago, gold1953 said:

We had a CC cabin under a cart route and they started daily at 4:30 am. Never slept a wink after that time until they moved us

Yikes that would suck 

We had a few bad cabins yearsss back under noisy areas 

But now i scan the deck plans and always pick a cabin that has other cabins above and below ours 😃

6 of the 8 on out whale watching were cc members.  Was fun to meet Neil and Judy. 

Also Eric and his mother.  She fell in OVC on first day of cruise and broke her arm. 

Our guide met us at 11:55 and we were off to our small boat - Big Brother. 

79083DD7-7C40-40FE-974A-11EA027433C2.thumb.jpeg.a06170cb3780f0282e02b69ccf0fa3dc.jpeg

CE81275C-8F19-473D-9B1D-74C5B38821D8.thumb.jpeg.25091c98deee73c5261fe0b9a7039405.jpeg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Amazing.  I bet the people on shore also got a nice view of this as it looks like you were very close to shore. 

They were.  We met a couple from North Carolina who were staying in Cabo and could see whales jumping from their room.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gold1953 said:

We had a CC cabin under a cart route and they started daily at 4:30 am. Never slept a wink after that time until they moved us

Agree -  I would never want that cabin again.   Luckily my Bose Sleep Buds came to the rescue.

5 hours ago, gold1953 said:

We had a very nice room room at Sandals St. Lucia and every morning (very early) and all day long employees would push carts around the grounds. The carts had hard plastic wheels and the sidewalks were cobble stone, VERY noisy. I asked around why they don't use inflatable wheels and they all looked at me like I was crazy.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Agree -  I would never want that cabin again.   Luckily my Bose Sleep Buds came to the rescue.

Guest relations gave us ear buds but I could still hear through them. Bill is quite deaf without his hearing aides and it woke him as well.  I told them that the door wide open with crashing waves ( we had bad weather) along with the ear plugs worked. We suddenly had a new cabin and  a surprise FCC. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eyecantwait said:

Jim I just love your photographic eye! Thanks for all the great photos!

37 minutes ago, CruisinBanka said:

Jim, thanks for all your great photos as usual. You really have the knack to make us feel like we are on the cruise and excursions with you! It’s a great escape from the winter reality in New England. 

I so agree, wonderful pictures and escaping winter is so nice. We have gotten close to a foot of snow in the last 24 hours, with more on the way and seeing pictures of places that we did this same itinerary years ago, is great.

FWIW, we did the same itinerary on a Princess ship after our Carnival cruise was cancelled two months before our trip after the Splendor caught fire in the engine room. Since we had our air bought to LA we looked for a similar cruise and also got a chance to see a different cruise line.

7 minutes ago, Mike981 said:

I just got done with another round of shoveling and I can sure feel it. It is in the low 30º's and that snow was heavy, even with my snowblower.

What the heck is a snowblower?   🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Mike981 said:

We had a very nice room room at Sandals St. Lucia and every morning (very early) and all day long employees would push carts around the grounds. The carts had hard plastic wheels and the sidewalks were cobble stone, VERY noisy. I asked around why they don't use inflatable wheels and they all looked at me like I was crazy.

Not good.   Tuesday are garbage days at home and have a similar wake-up call. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, amcco said:

We had one on Prince Edward Island until Hurricanes Fiona and Nicole battered it down.😔

09206ACC-0FB2-43B4-846F-9932EEC11460.jpeg

😯Mother nature! Maybe there's a new thread, arches of the world?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike981 said:

I so agree, wonderful pictures and escaping winter is so nice. We have gotten close to a foot of snow in the last 24 hours, with more on the way and seeing pictures of places that we did this same itinerary years ago, is great.

FWIW, we did the same itinerary on a Princess ship after our Carnival cruise was cancelled two months before our trip after the Splendor caught fire in the engine room. Since we had our air bought to LA we looked for a similar cruise and also got a chance to see a different cruise line.

We wee just saying today that we would definitely do the trip again. I do have to say Cabos does remind me of the Rivera

• Like 3

We also had a Bridge -  Natural Bridges National Park in Santa Cruz

Originally it had 3 bridges

Original Natural Bridge, Santa Cruz, 1960s. by Ed Penniman | Artwork Archive

But due to storms there is just one now

Natural Bridges State Beach in Santa Cruz California. Photograph by Jamie  Pham - Pixels

It's fame to claim is that it is a migratory breeding grown of the Monarch Butterfly.  During the winter at night they clump together to keep warm

Monarch - @onetravelingsoul 3

• Like 14