Serenade noise problem from centrum?

djkk

Hello, I recall reading that some ships have a problem with noise from events in the centrum reaching cabins in the vicinity. Is the Serenade one of these? I'm looking to book for the fall out of Boston. Thanks!

Yes....you can hear any loud music coming from the centrum, but we found with the door to our cabin closed we could not hear it. We were located 7 or 8 cabins away from the elevator bank on deck 8.  On Radiance, we had a hump cabin, but once in bed, I couldn't hear the noise.  I was a bit worried about it, but it was fine.   I feel like the cabins most effected are the ones on the centrums bottom floor, deck 4.  Luckily there are doors that can be closed to the centrum, but anyone within 5-10 cabins will hear the loud music.  It will sound a lot more muffled once in the cabin though. 

4 hours ago, slyster said:

Yes....you can hear any loud music coming from the centrum, but we found with the door to our cabin closed we could not hear it. 

I sailed on Serenade 11/5.  My room was on Deck 3.  I heard nothing, in the hallway or in my room.  The only music was a piano player, and another music group.  IMO, it was mild entertainment.  Cocktail entertainment.  Maybe I missed whatever causes noise.  I'm sensitive to noises, and can honestly say I heard nothing.  Walking around the ship, looking over railings into Centrum ... yes, I heard it and enjoyed it ... as did scores of others.

We were on the Serenade this past September (Alaska) in GS #1052 and had extended family staying in Oceanview Suite #1054 and then in October (Panama Canal) OS # 1058 and we had no noise issues coming from the Centrum at all on either of these cruises. 

I personally wouldn't have any concerns with locations near the Centrum on any of the Radiance class ships. We've sailed this class of ship many times and have always enjoyed the midship locations.

We had issues with noise in a cabin at the first couple of cabins on the hump on Brillance. The noise seemed to funnel up there. The rest of the hump had no issues. We were on deck 8 or 9. We could hear some music, but mostly the CD (Carly) yelling into the mic to get the crowd engaged. After that we just decided to stay up and enjoy the party until things quieted down.

8 hours ago, Longford said:

I sailed on Serenade 11/5.  My room was on Deck 3.  I heard nothing, in the hallway or in my room.  The only music was a piano player, and another music group.  IMO, it was mild entertainment.  Cocktail entertainment.  Maybe I missed whatever causes noise.  I'm sensitive to noises, and can honestly say I heard nothing.  Walking around the ship, looking over railings into Centrum ... yes, I heard it and enjoyed it ... as did scores of others.

For me, it was 70s night, when the music was loud.  I agree, we couldn't hear cocktail music from a piano.  I agree with you there.However, from my hump cabin, we heard muffled music (70s dance music) from our hump cabin with the door closed.  In bed, I don't believe I heard it. 

On 12/3/2022 at 6:08 PM, molly361 said:

Had 8088 on the Brilliance right off the hump.  Very noisy.  Since then I always made sure to book a cabin 6 or more down the hall from the Centrum

This is an issue with this class of ship and the port side staterooms near the centrum.  The starboard side has a barrier separating the staterooms from the centrum, so less noise can be heard.

I would not take a stateroom on any of the decks very close to the centrum on the port side, period!  My brother was in 8088 and had to have them close the fire door because it was so noisy.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is a tale of two sides (of the ship). If you are on the side of the ship that has the elevators, you will get substantially more sound than if you are on the opposite side where there is a solid wall from floor to ceiling, the sound is quite muffled.

DSC00335.JPG

Edited by orville99