Flying into MCO for cruise out of Miami

WhiteOptima

18 minutes ago, WhiteOptima said:

We have a cruised booked for 4/9-4/23 and airfare is outrageous.  MCO is cheaper but wondered about getting to Miami.  Anyone have any experience?

Rent a car and drive.

Rent a vehicle at MCO and drive down to Miami. The two hundred twenty five mile drive takes approximately four hours. Don't drive down on embarkation day since one accident on the Florida Turnpike or Interstate 95 and you could possibly miss the ships sailing.

11 hours ago, Capt_BJ said:

Brightline's projected fare is higher then what I last paid to fly and takes longer ....

Driving via rental car will definitely be the cheapest option. However, we don't know Brightline's prices yet and their trains will take passengers to downtown Miami and offer free transfers to the port. Brightline will also depart from MCO and thus a connection from the plane to the train is possible. Returning a rental car to MIA or to a downtown Miami location will create its own hassle and expense. So I wouldn't rule-out Brightline as an option if they're operational next April.

47 minutes ago, AlexFlood said:

I don't really know how much you are saving by flying to Orlando, but to avoid all this stress i would pay more and fly directly to Miami airport. It is not worth it. 

I agree .... I always want to eliminate unforeseen delays before a cruise. 

2 hours ago, AlexFlood said:

I don't really know how much you are saving by flying to Orlando, but to avoid all this stress i would pay more and fly directly to Miami airport. It is not worth it. 

I would also have no problem flying into FLL for a POM cruise. We price both and weigh our options.

I agree with flying into FLL for a Miami cruise. Not sure how much you are saving with flying into Orlando......unless it is many hundreds of $$$$, I would go with Miami or FLL.