Drinks Package QM2

cruzadict

Also the maxim price per drink has gone up to $13 it was $12 in November on our cruise. I suppose it covers a general increase on already extortionate drink prices for those not purchasing drinks packages. Bars were very quiet in November on QV even Commodore Club was easy to get a seat pre dinner and Queens Room after dinner also very quiet.

24 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Also the maxim price per drink has gone up to $13 it was $12 in November on our cruise. I suppose it covers a general increase on already extortionate drink prices for those not purchasing drinks packages. Bars were very quiet in November on QV even Commodore Club was easy to get a seat pre dinner and Queens Room after dinner also very quiet.

Are drinks prices that extortionate compared to nice hotels on land? Certainly, in the summer, their very drinkable house wines were less than those in the family hotel we stayed at in Devon.

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

Are drinks prices that extortionate compared to nice hotels on land? Certainly, in the summer, their very drinkable house wines were less than those in the family hotel we stayed at in Devon.

Yes because mice hotels have to pay alcohol duty and VAT to UK government Cunard don't pay any so making even more profit and yes taking that into account the drinks prices are extortionate. That is why bars onboard are generally very poorly attended.

My drinks were cheap in Grill Lounge in November as the waiter put them on some Ody else's bill. Even though I told the concierge that I wasn't paying for drinks and even told her the name of person who waiter was mixing me with so obviously he paid for my drinks. For that reason we stopped going there for pre dinner drinks and went to Commodore Club.

1 hour ago, BigMac1953 said:

I seem to remember not being able to get a seat in the Golden Lion in November. Certainly the nights that the Irish folk duo were playing it was totally packed out.

It was also very busy when the pianist was on. 

There was always seats available in Commodore Club and Queens Room and the bar around atrium were always relatively empty.