booked a cabin already that does not show up online

Knickearth

My husband and I are treating ourselves for our 50th anniversary to the owners suite on the Ruby for an Alaskan cruise.  When I go online, my cabin no longer exists.  They have joined it with another cabin to make it a "family two bedroom cabin".  So  I am not sure if they will honor this for us, although we have already reserved it.   Any ideas?   I just wrote to our Princess person and await an answer hopefully this week.  Any ideas???

2 hours ago, Knickearth said:

So  I am not sure if they will honor this for us, although we have already reserved it.   Any ideas?   

So...what do you mean by "reserved"?  Have you actually booked this cabin and have a confirmation email...or did you just have it on hold?

I do not really understand your post.

When I see a cabin I like online, I book it.

When I go back, I no longer see it as available as I have booked it so it is out of inventory for anyone else to book.

Could that be what you are talking about ??

• Thanks 1

Call and be persistent. Explain you book THAT cabin specifically for a special 50th anniversary cruise and it seems you have been moved as they changed the cabin from a suite to a family unit (I am guessing a dry dock occured after you booked your cruise).

I booked an aft corner cabin on Crown, then Princess changed our ship to the Royal and moved us to an undesirable cabin that was valued less then the cabin I had originally booked. I called and it took me 3 calls over as many days to get a cabin I felt was comparable and for the same price as I had previously. I went into the call with  "I was on this floor in this type room and on Royal the most comparable room would be cabin XYZ or cabin ABC". I made sure the rooms were available so they couldn't tell me it was already booked. First agent moved us to the cabin I requested at the price of my original booking but forgot my OBC. I called an got that fixed. Then I discover someone "fixed the cabin price" and it was about $800 more. I called and explained everything that was happening and told them I would be happy to forward my confirmation from my original cruise and the confirmation from the day before with the correct price quote. 

I now check my account weekly to make sure no one is switching things on me again.

Let me guess:  someone sold you D101 or D102. 

Due to a quirk of how these suites were added (by essentially opening the partition wall between an owners suite and the adjacent mini suite) they sell them as two linked bookings - D101 gets D105, I think and D102 gets D106.  The backend does not seem to enforce this rule very well, but because of the extremely limited number of Family Suites on these ships, they must have someone manually manage the inventory periodically. 

While the locations of D101 and D102 are extremely desirable, the layout is a little awkward and when they catch up with this, it’s going to be a fortune to add the other minisuite.  I hope there are other OSs available for your sailing.  

3 hours ago, VibeGuy said:

Let me guess:  someone sold you D101 or D102. 

Due to a quirk of how these suites were added (by essentially opening the partition wall between an owners suite and the adjacent mini suite) they sell them as two linked bookings - D101 gets D105, I think and D102 gets D106.  The backend does not seem to enforce this rule very well, but because of the extremely limited number of Family Suites on these ships, they must have someone manually manage the inventory periodically. 

While the locations of D101 and D102 are extremely desirable, the layout is a little awkward and when they catch up with this, it’s going to be a fortune to add the other minisuite.  I hope there are other OSs available for your sailing.  

Nope not D101 102

Ok, here is latest.  I spoke to princess person who made the original reservation.  She sent a full confirmation of my original reservation.  So fingers crossed.

I told her I did not want to learn I couldn’t have this cabin and have princess downgrade me and offer refunds or obc .  She swears that can’t happen.  I told her that a huge percentage of loyal princess passengers have faith in princess right now.

thanks to all for responding

Ruby is probably the ship in the fleet I’m most familiar with (three and a half  months onboard in the last year, that much again overall), and I’ve been in both Owners Suites a couple of times each.    I’m also familiar with her sisters Emerald and Crown and have been in one or the other of their two Owners Suites.

Something is messed up in the cabin description engine.   There are only two family suites on  Ruby, and they’re D101:105 and D102:106.    They haven’t added any in refits, recent or otherwise.

The Owners Suites, category S2, are A752 and 753, and they can’t be combined with the adjacent suite because of the beam that runs through the balcony area, nor could they be turned into a family suite - there is physically not enough room to keep the queen in the bedroom and get six more places.   This applies to the other two ships as well. 

Long story short (too late for that), if you’ve got A752 or A753, you’ve got one of the two owners suites.  If you have any other cabin number it’s never been an owner’s suite, and if it’s not D100-something, it’s not a family suite either.  

So which cabin number has mysteriously disappeared since you booked it?  I am genuinely flummoxed how they could have screwed this up so badly but anything is possible. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I don't get it. Where are you seeing this as a family suite? On the Princess website, I'm seeing A753 as an owner's suite. 

I’m seeing exactly the same thing!  No indication of a family suite anywhere.  Wish the OP could send us a screenshot.

• Like 1

probably not showing the owners suite option because they are all sold out.  Online just looking at the deck plan your cabin is still there.  Our cruise coming up next year our category is sold out so Vista suite is not even shown as bookable as there are no more available to book. 

• Like 1

Yes,  I just looked at the Ruby for 2024.   And that cabin shows as an Owners Suite.  Just as this poster booked.  

I notice that when you go to choose a suite, it does mention availability of Family Suites.  But, you can't pull them up that way.  To book a family suite, is says in red bold letters

"The two bedroom Family Suite may not be booked online.  Please contact customer service...."

Maybe there was some confusion in what this poster was seeing, because of updating going on with the web-site.   Wouldn't be the first time with glitches!

Yes, if a particular kind of suite is sold out, it doesn’t appear on the list of suite types in the inventory display for the cruise.   They display roughly in the price  order of Vista, Premium, Penthouse, Owners, and then Family, because the Family price is undefined, and I can’t recall if you can actually trust that there’s inventory for Family. 

But no, you’re fine, the cabin you’ve booked hasn’t disappeared from the deck plan or from other sailings.  Bon voyage!