The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday December 6th, 2022

richwmn

Good evening everyone.

Finally I have some good news.  Today work has started on our house.

We met with the contractor and he said that if it is okay with us he could have us back in the house soon after we get back from our cruise.  However the Master Bath will not be ready.

As long as we are okay with using the guest bath until the Master Bath is finished we would be able to move back in.

This is music to our ears.

We agreed.

So we will keep the apartment for the month of January because we brought too many things over here and need to bring them back piecemeal and that will take a while.

I also need to get all the bedding cleaned before we can use them.  So we will need approximately two weeks to get back in the house.

We are feeling good.

Now I need to finish packing.

Thank you all for all your prayers.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 16
  • Thanks 6

15 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening everyone.

We met with the contractor and he said that if it is okay with us he could have us back in the house soon after we get back from our cruise.  However the Master Bath will not be ready.

As long as we are okay with using the guest bath until the Master Bath is finished we would be able to move back in.

We agreed.

So we will keep the apartment for the month of January because we brought too many things over here and need to bring them back piecemeal and that will take a while.

I also need to get all the bedding cleaned before we can use them.  So we will need approximately two weeks to get back in the house.

We are feeling good.

God Bless,

Terri

Now that some positive for you. Light at the end of the tunnel!👏🏻👏🏻

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

My project for this evening, after a work meeting on Zoom,  is to make up my mind about a Medigap policy for 2023, because enrollment ends tomorrow. My employer pays for it, but I'm due to retire during the year, probably in June but possibly sooner, and then will be paying for it myself. I'm leaning toward switching from Plan F to Plan G; while Plan G has a deductible that Plan F doesn't, the difference in the premium is greater than the deductible. I'm not interested in plans with still lower premiums but also with higher deductibles and/or copays, because I think simplicity and better coverage are better for my health.

I might order short ribs from a menu but probably wouldn't cook them myself. Polenta is OK with me, but mashed potatoes, rice, or noodles would be, too. One side of family, fwiw, wanted potatoes with everything while the other side wanted noodles, but all of them hated rice. I'm ex-McMinnville but I don't know the winery; it may new be since my time there. (For a while I wrote a wine column in an underground newspaper and knew most of the winery owners.) I've been to Norway but not to Stavanger.

521172791_howtobalanceonaroof.thumb.jpg.e0ca15d002f76c04f439ad8e16fc8568.jpg

For what it's worth, we are both on Plan F, and have been for 10 and 12 years respectively.  We are in good health, and until DH's surgery and complications did not use the plan often.  The past two months, DH got the care he needed promptly without any hassle or the need for referrals as would have been the case with advantage plan.  We like being able to go to the doctor or hospital of  

our choice and not having to pay the copay.  We chose this plan since we were traveling extensively in the US and have houses in two states.  We may be paying higher premiums, but it is worth the peace of mind.

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening everyone.

We agreed.

We are feeling good.

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, that is great news, and I raise my glass of wine (what's left) in celebration with you,  Now, relax and enjoy your cruise knowing the end of this ordeal is in sight.  🍷

Lenda

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening everyone.

We agreed.

God Bless,

Terri

Great news!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening everyone.

We agreed.

We are feeling good.

God Bless,

Terri

That is wonderful news.  I would be jumping with joy if my joints would allow me to do that.  I should try it and see how far off the ground I can get.  About an inch - higher than I imagined.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2