Canceling an excursion onboard

klb1978

We booked an excursion for Nassau during the Black Friday sale.  For various reasons we have considered canceling it.  I see I can do so now via the app.  If we wait and decide onboard will I be allowed to cancel without penalty?  And if so, how far in advance do I need to cancel.  We board on Thursday and Nassau is Friday.  

Yes cancel as soon as you board unless you can cancel now through the app. It's 24 hours prior to the start of the excursion so you should be fine. At this point you'll get OBC there will be no penalty for doing so.

Google is your friend

How do I cancel a shore excursion?

A

Excursions can be modified or cancelled up to 48 hours prior to port arrival without penalty. Tours involving flights, train, special events, overnight stays, hotel stays, and Private Journeys must be cancelled 30 days prior to sailing to avoid cancellation penalties. Other restrictions may apply.  

Guests may cancel their excursions pre-cruise by calling our offices or by using the Cruise Planner. Once onboard, guests may cancel their excursions at the Shore Excursion desk or at Guest Relations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerseygirl629 said:

We canceled an excursion on board and were not given a refund but were given onboard credit instead.

When you cancel onboard all they can do is give you obc, but that goes against your onboard bill so it's still a refund.