Do you get a tumbler/mug/plastic glass when you purchase a Drink package on a Celebrity Cruise?

tusconcam

Long title...sorry. New to Celebrity: Med cruise May 1st, 2023, Celebrity Edge, My DW and I purchased a cruise only from Toronto

and wonder if we get a glass/mug with our purchase of the classic non-alcoholic drink package? 

We got one on yrs. ago on Oasis of the Seas RCL cruise with a soda package and liked that we could walk around with a drink easily on the ship. 

Just wondering how we can maximize the water bottle part of the package to have some to take with us on the 10 days of shore excursions on this cruise as well.

How does it work when we order a soda or the like from our deckchair for instance? I think it says that room service drinks are not included...more confused than I should be..lol

Suggestions? Tips? feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

No tumbler.  All soft drinks are served in the aluminum can, along with a glass with ice; unless you request the Can only.  This is true in bars, poolside and in restaurants.   They’ll gladly give you a sealed Can if that’s your desire.  Water comes either in aluminum or glass bottles depending bn on the brand, no plastic bottles.  

Room service and mini-bar beverages are not included in your beverage package. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Do I understand the OP correctly -- they purchased a non inclusive rate and then added a classic non-alcohol beverage package?  If they purchased a classic non-alcohol package there will be no glass or mug.  Celebrity does not supply such containers, but instead you will receive a fresh (clean) glass or mug with every swipe of your seapass card.  Given the number of bars on the ship it will be easy to walk around with a fresh glass or mug. 

Whenever you order a beverage, whether it be water or iced tea, the server will swipe you sea pass card, which is loaded with your beverage package info, and then return the card.  Very easy to pick up containers of water whenever you wish to do so.  Although there is almost always a water station at the exit gangway for port calls it is easy just to pick up a bottle or two before leaving the ship.  And unless you are in a suite the beverages from the mini-bar, even the water, are generally not included in the beverage package.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Although there is almost always a water station at the exit gangway for port calls it is easy just to pick up a bottle or two before leaving the ship.

The water container is screw topped, so no spillages.

E1EA7AC3-AC93-4999-A21E-7A97C721E7B6.thumb.jpeg.af86b7099af19e73d9efcbc9051cfe94.jpeg

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

No it was Celebrity.  A poster showed these some time ago.  Maybe they quit using them?

8D59368A-ACE7-4EC7-BEE1-916FFAF0B475.jpeg

8501E994-CF37-4CFE-8F99-6D797913D645.jpeg

0DCD6E76-B063-4CD0-8C54-821E60C6DBCE.jpeg

Haven't seen those at all since the restart. Been on all three ship classes and only the aluminum bottles for regular water. 

On 12/7/2022 at 12:27 AM, Northern Aurora said:

Do I understand the OP correctly -- they purchased a non inclusive rate and then added a classic non-alcohol beverage package?  If they purchased a classic non-alcohol package there will be no glass or mug.  Celebrity does not supply such containers, but instead you will receive a fresh (clean) glass or mug with every swipe of your seapass card.  Given the number of bars on the ship it will be easy to walk around with a fresh glass or mug. 

Whenever you order a beverage, whether it be water or iced tea, the server will swipe you sea pass card, which is loaded with your beverage package info, and then return the card.  Very easy to pick up containers of water whenever you wish to do so.  Although there is almost always a water station at the exit gangway for port calls it is easy just to pick up a bottle or two before leaving the ship.  And unless you are in a suite the beverages from the mini-bar, even the water, are generally not included in the beverage package.

Is the water at the gangway free if you don't have a beverage package?

1 hour ago, megbowlstrike said:

No it is not.  They charge for it just like other water purchases on board. Be aware that some ports don’t allow water sales at the gangway so you are better off bringing your own refillable bottle from home.  Fill a glass at Oceanview and then transfer to your container to take ashore.

Just now, cruisestitch said:

No it is not.  They charge for it just like other water purchases on board. Be aware that some ports don’t allow water sales at the gangway so you are better off bringing your own refillable bottle from home.  Fill a glass at Oceanview and then transfer to your container to take ashore.

Thank you for the info! I've been on two Celebrity cruises but they were only 2 days in length and also a while ago, so I don't remember much. 

6 hours ago, megbowlstrike said:

There is a canopy set up on the dock that offers free cups of water, and a iced towel 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅