Notification of Airfare from NCL

BarnCat1

How do you find out about your airfare when you do the BOGO from NCL?  I assume they email you, or does it show up on your reservation first? 

Do the airlines also send an email?  

What's the earliest anyone has gotten their flights booked?

Just now, reeinaz said:

When you make your booking, you select the airport you want to fly out of and it shows what the charge will be.

No, I meant when they book the flights, how do you get notified what they are. 

1 minute ago, BarnCat1 said:

ah ok. Are you able to edit the title of the post? But they generally notify you via email around 45 days before the departure date, but it can vary +/- a couple of weeks. You might see airports listed in your cruise summary before you receive official notification but they are just placeholders and very much subject to change.

6 minutes ago, BarnCat1 said:

Your airfare is set when you book. NCL may pay more or less what they charge you but you know the fare when you book the cruise. You will find out your flight information between 30 and 45 days before sailing.

Edited by zqvol

I received an email from NCL (subject line - "Air Confirmation for Reservation #xxxxxxxx, NCL [ship name], [insert cruise dates]") with the itinerary and confirmation numbers. Received on 11/24/22 for ship departure 1/27/23. These are international flights.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BarnCat1 said:

How do you find out about your airfare when you do the BOGO from NCL?  I assume they email you, or does it show up on your reservation first? 

Do the airlines also send an email?  

What's the earliest anyone has gotten their flights booked?

I got an email from Norwegian yesterday that said they are booking 30 days out.
They send out your confirmations by email. After that, you can go directly to the airline to pick seats and pay for luggage if you need to. You cannot change flight times. 
Do not go by anything you may see on your account prior to getting the email as it may not be final and can be subject to change. It happened to us. 

Just in case, this seems worth adding to any NCL airfare conversations:

Just make extra sure that if you want to arrive a day or two early, you MUST formally request a deviation PRIOR to assignment of flights. If you think you did, but don't have it documented anywhere, make sure you send an email or call and ask for formal documentation.

• Like 1

Just now, lixogab said:

If  I want to arrive a day or two early, is it compatible with BOGO flights?

If yes, what's the easiest way to arrange it (I don't have a TA, usually reserving on the NCL web site)

Yes you can. Call NCL and they'll provide a day or two flight deviation. You have to request at least 75 days before your cruise. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Yes you can. Call NCL and they'll provide a day or two flight deviation. You have to request at least 75 days before your cruise. 

Just to add that if you take a deviation you actually get a $25 each way credit.  You have to arrange your own transfers to the ship, which I prefer to do anyway.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, weltek said:

you MUST formally request a deviation PRIOR to assignment of flights

Not just prior to the assignment of flights, which can happen as close to the cruise as 30 days, but it must be done at least 75 days before sailing.

20 minutes ago, sassycruiser said:

I booked 87 days out and am still more than 75 days out.  I was told on the phone yesterday there would be a 130.00 per person charge to change my airfare from same day to coming in the day before.  

Probably money well spent.

22 minutes ago, sassycruiser said:

I booked 87 days out and am still more than 75 days out.  I was told on the phone yesterday there would be a 130.00 per person charge to change my airfare from same day to coming in the day before.  

That doesn’t sound right.  I would call back.

24 minutes ago, sassycruiser said:

Definitely call back and talk with a different agent. 

image.thumb.png.495dba156afc40b8925afa008da1efd9.png

Full terms and conditions are on this website, https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions. Scroll a little more than halfway down for the BOFO Airfare terms. 

3 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Norwegian emails the passenger directly. TA's do not receive the flight information. 

I have a friend who does not have a computer and does not know how to use the smartphone her children gave her (yes, such people exist 😀). Her TA emailed her flight info to me and I printed and gave the info to the friend. It may have been a special case, however due to this person's special needs.

1 hour ago, hallux said:

Not just prior to the assignment of flights, which can happen as close to the cruise as 30 days, but it must be done at least 75 days before sailing.

My TA told me that the earliest it can be done is 270 days out. Our cruise is in August, and I reminded him we wanted to come into London a day early. A few days later, I received a new invoice from his agency with a credit we were given for coming in a day early.

3 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Norwegian emails the passenger directly. TA's do not receive the flight information. 

My TA received the flight information at the same time I did.  She is actually advocating for them to change the return flight as they have us on a 10 a.m. flight out of Panama.

59 minutes ago, sassycruiser said:

That sounds very odd. As I wrote in post #21, we received a new invoice after our TA got us a one day early flight deviation. We received a $50 credit, $25 for each of us.

On 12/7/2022 at 4:35 PM, jtdlmc said:

My TA received the flight information at the same time I did.  She is actually advocating for them to change the return flight as they have us on a 10 a.m. flight out of Panama.

Why would they book that time? You would need to be there at 7am and its 45 minutes away from the ship.  Much luck to you on getting this changed! 

• Thanks 1