how to pre-pay for wifi?

trinitygirl

Hi all, following the email about price upgrades, I jumped onto my Princess booking page to find out how much it would cost to pre-pay for gratuities and wifi for my three cruises next summer (they are all booked in Australia but happening in Europe, so neither of these is included in the fare for the two cruises I didn't book with Princess Plus, and for the cruise that does have Princess Plus, gratuities are not included).  On the payments page, I can see the button which gives me the price (in Australian dollars) to pre-pay the gratuities, but I can not see anywhere, how to pay for wifi.  It's not on the onboard services tab, or the payments tab.  Does anyone know where it is hidden, or do I need to ring and do it over the phone?

thanks!

16 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

I am not sure if it works the same for Australia as it does USA but if it  does then you will purchase through the MedallionClass app.  Go into the app and scroll to MedallionNet from there you should be able to purchase your plan.

oh, thanks for this.  Do you have to have paid for the cruise in full before using the Medallion app? Because my payment dates aren't until May+ next year so I haven't even looked at the app yet.

4 minutes ago, trinitygirl said:

oh, thanks for this.  Do you have to have paid for the cruise in full before using the Medallion app? Because my payment dates aren't until May+ next year so I haven't even looked at the app yet.

No, you can start using the MedallionClass App as soon as you have paid the deposit on your cruise.

• Like 2

success!  I have prepaid for my wifi for the two cruises where it was not included.  The app gave me an automatic 50% discount for platinum status, so now it's all taken care of and I don't have to think about it again.   I am not sure if I am going to pre-pay the gratuities - over the three cruises they come to $1030 but the increase is only another $80. I guess that's another excursion so ...  something to think about over the next week.   In the meantime, the app has lots of cool things to play around with so thanks for your help!

• Like 4

On 12/7/2022 at 6:37 PM, trinitygirl said:

success!  I have prepaid for my wifi for the two cruises where it was not included.  The app gave me an automatic 50% discount for platinum status, so now it's all taken care of and I don't have to think about it again.   I am not sure if I am going to pre-pay the gratuities - over the three cruises they come to $1030 but the increase is only another $80. I guess that's another excursion so ...  something to think about over the next week.   In the meantime, the app has lots of cool things to play around with so thanks for your help!

Strongly suggest you take whatever screenshots you can to prove that you have pre=paid for the internet.  Just sayin....

• Thanks 1

When using the app to purchase Medallion Net, the first price I see is the full price for both the 4 device and single device plans.  Should I be seeing the 50% discount at that point or does the price drop in the next screen or two?

I am no expert, but for me, the first page had a price per day, and when i clicked on it, the next screen had the 50% discount (for status) price for the whole voyage.  I didn’t have to do anything for that price to show up.  

Edited by trinitygirl

On 12/10/2022 at 1:22 AM, racj846 said:

When using the app to purchase Medallion Net, the first price I see is the full price for both the 4 device and single device plans.  Should I be seeing the 50% discount at that point or does the price drop in the next screen or two?

You should see the discount on the first page.  If you're platinum or above and don't see the discount, your app probably doesn't reflect your correct loyalty status.  I know this because although I'm elite, my app thinks I'm blue and doesn't give me the discount.  But my husband's app is correct so we can purchase discounted internet through his app.  

12 hours ago, trinitygirl said:

I am no expert, but for me, the first page had a price per day, and when i clicked on it, the next screen had the 50% discount (for status) price for the whole voyage.  I didn’t have to do anything for that price to show up.  

Same for me, just prepaid for my May cruise. 

Last week I prepaid, I'm Elite and the app acknowledges Elite, but still the discount did not appear, when I paid and push "purchase I thought maybe the discount would appear or the actual charge would be the discount, but no, the entire regular charge of $10 a day was processed.

Guess I now have addition OBC for the 50% onboard (?)

14 minutes ago, srpilo said:

Last week I prepaid, I'm Elite and the app acknowledges Elite, but still the discount did not appear, when I paid and push "purchase I thought maybe the discount would appear or the actual charge would be the discount, but no, the entire regular charge of $10 a day was processed.

Guess I now have addition OBC for the 50% onboard (?)

Are you sure it has you as elite?  It's hard to tell because it doesn't actually say your loyalty status anywhere.  Click on Profile, then My Account, and look at the color of the seawitch logo next to your profile photo.   If it isn't black, then the app doesn't acknowledge you as elite.  

The logo on my husband's is black whereas on mine it's blue, although we're both elite.

3 hours ago, pompeii said:

Are you sure it has you as elite?  It's hard to tell because it doesn't actually say your loyalty status anywhere.  Click on Profile, then My Account, and look at the color of the seawitch logo next to your profile photo.   If it isn't black, then the app doesn't acknowledge you as elite.  

The logo on my husband's is black whereas on mine it's blue, although we're both elite.

I'm sure

2 hours ago, racj846 said:

Interesting.  One question and three distinctly different answers/experiences.  I did check our profiles - both black.

Cruise not until mid-march so will wait 'til later to make purchase. 

If you wait, you will pay more.

4 hours ago, racj846 said:

Cruise not until mid-march so will wait 'til later to make purchase. 

2 hours ago, caribill said:

If you wait, you will pay more.

Yeah, try not to wait too long.  There's a price increase coming on the 14th of this month.  You can dodge it by prepaying.  I did for my April cruise.

I have been trying to purchase internet for my October cruise before the price goes up.  Have updated app, closed browser, changed CC,etc…but each time I hit confirm, it says failure…think Princess is locking me out til the price increase goes into effect?

14 minutes ago, trvlwrld said:

I have been trying to purchase internet for my October cruise before the price goes up.  Have updated app, closed browser, changed CC,etc…but each time I hit confirm, it says failure…think Princess is locking me out til the price increase goes into effect?

It's unlikely they're locking you out, but I suppose it's possible.  I had difficulty purchasing Internet for my future cruise in April, but on Saturday it went through.  I don't know what to say but keep trying?