Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

8 hours ago, dides said:

But the buffet itself has relocated to deck 9 - I think this is something different perhaps with table service. We will see...

I'm thinking it's something like the "food truck" area on Virgin Voyages...

• Like 1

On 9/30/2023 at 10:01 AM, Pixelskaya said:

Please let it be a magic-themed escape room with no magicians in it 🤞🏻

I vote for a Magic Castle style Magic/Seance with dinner. If you ever have the opportunity to do that, it is unforgettable! Amazing experience. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/4/2023 at 4:39 AM, HBCcruiser said:

I vote for a Magic Castle style Magic/Seance with dinner. If you ever have the opportunity to do that, it is unforgettable! Amazing experience. 

Another teaser video from Princess - looks like alcohol features somewhere! 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Latest Adam Savage video on the Sun Princess.  This video is about the Sun's engine room.

Thanks for sharing that.  Great to see more of the ship.  Did we know that the specialty restaurant at the aft of the ship up high was going to be named Altitude? 

• Like 1

Yesterday on the Island Princess I sat through a brief presentation on the Sun.

What was interesting is that it focused 90% on the new family areas and the areas reserved for the suites and certain other cabin classes.  With maybe 10% on other new features.

It gives me the feeling that with the new ships Princess will be changing its market focus, from primarily adult to a combination of adult/family as a step up from Carnival. Creating the Carnival family, Princess adult/family, HAL adult market positioning for its 3 mass market US focused lines. Clearly positioning Princess as a step up for families from Carnival.

6 minutes ago, ldtr said:

What was interesting is that it focused 90% on the new family areas and the areas reserved for the suites and certain other cabin classes.  With maybe 10% on other new features.

It gives me the feeling that with the new ships Princess will be changing its market focus, from primarily adult to a combination of adult/family as a step up from Carnival. Creating the Carnival family, Princess adult/family, HAL adult market positioning for its 3 mass market US focused lines. Clearly positioning Princess as a step up for families from Carnival.

That’s too bad. I’d like to see an overall focus of the different categories of cabins.  
Maybe I’ll skip this presentation on our next cruise. 😳

50 minutes ago, ldtr said:

I always considered Princess to be a step above Carnival cruise line. I can see with the new class of ships they are looking to grab a market share in the family cruise sector, and at the same time cater to the passenger(s) that are willing to spend more, as reflected in the reserve and signature classes. This is an interesting road Princess has chosen go down. There will be unexpected problems, twist, turns and bumps along the way. Over all I'm excited for Princess and look forward to traveling on the sphere class ships.

• Like 4

Just now, c-boy said:

I always considered Princess to be a step above Carnival cruise line. I can see with the new class of ships they are looking to grab a market share in the family cruise sector, and at the same time cater to the passenger(s) that are willing to spend more, as reflected in the reserve and signature classes. This is an interesting road Princess has chosen go down. There will be unexpected problems, twist, turns and bumps along the way. Over all I'm excited for Princess and look forward to traveling on the sphere class ships.

It has been a step above Carnival but different segment focus  family vs adult. Now it seems to be focusing as a step above, but moving closer to family focus.

I read this as: 

russell-please-let-me-in.gif

To be honest, I enjoy the demographics of the Princess ships being more Adult focused. Recently been on Carnival and Royal... 

Found Carnival to be an "all-inclusive", Royal to be a bit higher-quality family focused, and Princess to be that Adult kick-back without breaking the bank.

Do we have any other options for an Adult focused line, without going to the extreme of Virgin, or the Priceline of Seaborne? Would it be Celebrity?

2 hours ago, c-boy said:

I think this is right, (as is the observation made by @ldtr about the three tiers of experiences offered by Carnival Corp's three mass market lines.)  I tend to look it like this:  When it comes to grabbing a market share of the family cruise sector, there are families who take their family vacations going to Cedar Point, Six Flags Parks or Wolf Lodge Water Slide resorts and there are families who take their family vacations going to museums in Paris, horseback riding in the Waipio Valley and snorkeling in the Virgin Islands.  And there are families who do a mixture of both.  Or stated differently, there are families who go to Disney World and stay at the Grand Floridian Resort and families who go to Disney World and stay at the All-Stars Movie Resort.  And some who mix it up each time they go.  All are great options depending on what one is looking for. The point of all this being that just because Princess is trying to grab a slice of the family cruise market, we shouldn't assume that it is trying to move Carnival cruisers over to Princess or somehow downshift the overall experience that we have come to expect.  There is nothing whatsoever that is incompatible with Princess keeping up its current standards and also focusing more on families.  "Family" ≠ "Disruptive Rabble."   

• Like 1

Someone has posted on another site that the Secret Door has been just revealed as a partnership with the Magic Castle. "Spellbound". Behind the door would be a parlour bar, music room and a small theatre

Guessing this was announced on Discovery Princess during the Magic Castle themed cruise - looks like CD DuVaul Gamble on stage.

sun-magic-1.thumb.jpg.f432ba66897d3e5016c916785b3673e3.jpg

sunmagic-2.thumb.jpg.1e1a739b6c1eb3b698f49bceb6bc05f0.jpg

sunmagic-3.thumb.jpg.062f1d2046c416c1dfef91b78349ac1c.jpg

sunmagic-4.thumb.jpg.800f4de613a4863831dfa86eb401fac8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5