Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

34 minutes ago, sunsetme said:

Strange cannot find Sun cruises today on P website for 2024 out of Barcelona, what gives??

Same here.  Something up (maybe nothing) for it to be offline for a day. First thing I thought of when I saw the video the other day is that are they going to have this all completed in less than 2 months. Just thinking of the people in their upcoming February cruise. For myself, we sail in August. 

Edited by DHP1

3 hours ago, capriccio said:

We are on an MSC ship right now with similar balcony chairs.  I’m 5 feet 8 inches tall and the top of the seat hits the middle of my back.   It is neither comfortable nor conducive to sitting for any length of time.  

The little tinfoil devil on my shoulder tells me that these modern-day chairs (which are much more uncomfortable) on all the newer ships (and the infinite veranda designs) are basically a means of getting the guests out of the cabin and into the revenue areas. (Can't forget how big of a deal the barrel chair development was on here).

I mean this literally makes it impossible to recline anywhere in your cabin now unless you lie in bed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

The little tinfoil devil on my shoulder tells me that these modern-day chairs (which are much more uncomfortable) on all the newer ships (and the infinite veranda designs) are basically a means of getting the guests out of the cabin and into the revenue areas. (Can't forget how big of a deal the barrel chair development was on here).

I mean this literally makes it impossible to recline anywhere in your cabin now unless you lie in bed.

I didn't want a cabana cabin initially but that couch in the cabana is looking pretty attractive right now!~

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DHP1 said:

I just notice Sun Princess has been removed from the “Find a Cruise” section. Trusting this is only temporary and with no surprises. 

Uh oh—- on my app the Property Name has disappeared.

Sun is still no longer on Find on the website.

My booking has a pop up saying temporary maintenance. Will send me email with updates. Possible return Dec.13 th.

Edited by dog

I just hope they don’t change my cabin.  When they do updates to their system they never send us an e-mail, which has me worry on this specific update. 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/11/2023 at 3:12 AM, chamima said:

Thanks so much for posting.

I WAS really excited about the new ship but after viewing the video I have to say I'm disappointed about the cabins. They all look pretty small (including the suite) and the chairs on the balcony look very uncomfortable.

I'm trying very hard to reserve judgement until we hear back from the first passengers, though.

Sadly I have to agree. I'm booked in a Reserve Cabana for 04/08 and it just doesn't look as inviting as the mockups, which made the cabana portion of the room seem rather bright and airy. It's ended up as just another room tacked onto the end.

Edited by ivanp91

11 minutes ago, ivanp91 said:

Sadly I have to agree. I'm booked in a Reserve Cabana for 04/08 and it just doesn't look as inviting as the mockups, which made the cabana portion of the room seem rather bright and airy. It's ended up as just another room tacked onto the end.

You really wont know until after February 8th and read all the reviews on the first voyage.  You cant really go by the video or pictures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ivanp91 said:

I totally had the same expectation for the cabana so that is why we switched to reserved mini suite in a better location 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ivanp91 said:

And the way that the last video from six months ago explained it, the cabana could be an extension to either the cabin or the balcony, as a way to make either one bigger. However, having sliding glass doors from the cabin to the cabana really doesn’t allow for that “opening into” effect. 

On 12/10/2023 at 2:07 PM, DHP1 said:

Thank you for the excellent video. My first reaction was, is this going to be all completed within 2 months. 

That is our question also- looks like a lot left to finish!   But it is going to be beautiful when complete.

21 hours ago, StevenW said:

Same here. I'm Elite, and on the 08Jun2024 sailing, and I still can't access dining bookings.

Having said that, I like to time my dining bookings around one of the two Evening Shows. Did I read correctly that this ship will be having THREE performances of the headline show each night? / Anyone know when the Sun's evening show timings will be announced please?

There was a recent live thread from one of the ships and the shows were 630, 830, 1030.

10 hours ago, Darcy8 said:

That is our question also- looks like a lot left to finish!   But it is going to be beautiful when complete.

I’m sure there will be some minor things that they be working on during the cruise. I can’t see 100% complete prior to February 8th.  

11 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

The Sun reservations are back.  How were you able to book Love?  I can't find it.  I have a feeling they took it away.

I have the Premium Package and am in a suite which may be the reason I was able to book. My reservation is still showing so not sure what the issue is.

IMG_4775.png

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Proudwings said:

We're on the 23rd September TA cruise, Elite in a Cabana mini suite.  For some reason I can't access dining reservations (either MDR or Specialty) whether on the App or the online version. Can anyone advise how I can access reservations.  

Thanks

We're on that cruise too! 😁

We're also on the cruise before it. One in a reserve mini and one in a suite.

Do we make dinner reservations or are those two dining rooms walk-in only?

(In the past reserve was walk-in)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

I have the Premium Package and am in a suite which may be the reason I was able to book. My reservation is still showing so not sure what the issue is.

IMG_4775.png

In the box under: Evening click on Add a reservation , after choosing the date. It takes you to Specialty- click in that and Love is available to book- for some of us.

If you are in a Signature Suite or above, the first night can be booked as a free dining credit.

If you bought Premier Package then you use one of your included dining credits.

Otherwise it charges $149 pp.

At least this is what some of us found out yesterday.

My reservation is still there.

No other reservations could be made at this time for me. Reserve Dining for suites do not need them.

Only wanting to help- please be kind.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dog said:

In the box under: Evening click on Add a reservation , after choosing the date. It takes you to Specialty- click in that and Love is available to book- for some of us.

If you are in a Signature Suite or above, the first night can be booked as a free dining credit.

If you bought Premier Package then you use one of your included dining credits.

Otherwise it charges $149 pp.

At least this is what some of us found out yesterday.

My reservation is still there.

No other reservations could be made at this time for me. Reserve Dining for suites do not need them.

Only wanting to help- please be kind.

Thanks for this.

I followed this path but just get a message " Sorry.... We could not find any reservations at this time. Please check back later". 

When I click "Explore Dining options" I get a message "Please check back closer to your journey to use this feature"

• Like 2