Will Carnival be showing the Bowl Games on New Year's Eve and Day?

GeorgiaMomof4

As EM stated, that's big 'it depends' on the channels they carry and what else is on.  So things like the 2 College Football Semi-Finals games, I strongly suspect the answer will be yes. My research shows those games are on ESPN on Saturday evening, 12/31.  I'm quite confident that no NFL game is teed up to directly compete.  That would be dumb regular season programming. 

Some lesser bowl like the "WhoGivesaDarn' Bowl on ESPN-3?  Outta luck.

2 minutes ago, jsglow said:

As EM stated, that's big 'it depends' on the channels they carry and what else is on.  So things like the 2 College Football Semi-Finals games, I strongly suspect the answer will be yes. My research shows those games are on ESPN on Saturday evening, 12/31.  I'm quite confident that no NFL game is teed up to directly compete.  That would be dumb regular season programming. 

Just to clarify, there are no bowl games scheduled for Sunday, January 1.  Only NFL.  EM

1 hour ago, jsglow said:

It will definitely be a popular game and I agree that would be dumb programming.

1 hour ago, ray98 said:

Shouldn't be an issue.....ESPN is carrying the game and Carnival frequently shows their feed.

Carnival carries ESPN's Caribbean feed.  Unfortunately, the Caribbean version of ESPN does not carry anything close to the amount of college football that that is available on the US feed.  Consequently, it's possible to have a cricket or soccer match going on at the same time as the college football game you are trying to watch, and Carnival's feed from ESPN will show this.

14 hours ago, Sailing Smooth said:

NFL games probably, but not bowl games.  We had to try to watch the Wisconsin Badgers bowl game in Belize Harvest Caye.  The bar was playing the games, but the time difference didn't allow for us to watch it.

They absolutely show NCAA bowl games, especially one of the biggest of the year aired at primetime on ESPN.