Costa Magica and Costa Fortuna sold according to Carnival.

SummmerInKefalonia

3 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Probably AIDAaura.

Seajets is rumored to have bought Magica and for Fortuna it is either again Seajets or maybe Ambassador.

Those are ones that COULD buy them, not necessary DID.

But I think it could be Ambassador, maybe Margaritaville, or even a startup. (CarnivalShips480 Cruise Line 😜)

2 hours ago, CarnivalShips480 said:

Those are ones that COULD buy them, not necessary DID.

But I think it could be Ambassador, maybe Margaritaville, or even a startup. (CarnivalShips480 Cruise Line 😜)

Ambassador still has one ship to put into service,  Margaritaville is very unlikely. 

Seajets is hard to understand in that to date they have only found a buyer for one of their acquisitions nor have developed any operating plan of their own.

Celestyal desperately needs newer tonnage but these Costa ships seem too large for their niche.

Margaritaville could be ready to expand but Port of Palm Beach has size restrictions.

Who else is still shopping second hand?

Just now, foodsvcmgr said:

Seajets is hard to understand in that to date they have only found a buyer for one of their acquisitions nor have developed any operating plan of their own.

Celestyal desperately needs newer tonnage but these Costa ships seem too large for their niche.

Margaritaville could be ready to expand but Port of Palm Beach has size restrictions.

Who else is still shopping second hand?

Ambassador is another secondhand, I don't think they would be shopping though. Their first ship was earlier this year and the next one is next year.

After the Margaritaville rebranding, they did say that they didn't intend to stay a one ship operation for long. They could add Ft Lauderdale. I'm not sure if this is the size they are looking for.

2 hours ago, tidecat said:

Would Phoenix Reisen or TUI possibly be in the market for Costa's tonnage? In TUI's case, it might be easier to convert a 100,000 gross ton ship than anything Royal Caribbean could hand down.

TUI Cruises has newbuilds scheduled, but I could see Marella Cruises using these ships.

18 hours ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

Ambassador still has one ship to put into service,  Margaritaville is very unlikely. 

Ambassador have delayed the entry of Ambition (AIDAmira) into service to house temporaririly house refugees.  But yesterday one of the UK's Government ministers said they hadn't ruled out using more cruise ships to house refugees, so there is a very small chance these ships might end up used for that.  If that were the case I imagine the Government would wait for a company to buy them first and then hire out the ship rather than buy the directly.

3 hours ago, richard_london said:

Ambassador have delayed the entry of Ambition (AIDAmira) into service to house temporaririly house refugees.  But yesterday one of the UK's Government ministers said they hadn't ruled out using more cruise ships to house refugees, so there is a very small chance these ships might end up used for that.  If that were the case I imagine the Government would wait for a company to buy them first and then hire out the ship rather than buy the directly.

I thought Ambition was delayed prior to that charter, unless that was already in the works at the time and the announcement came a little down the line.

45 minutes ago, foodsvcmgr said:

I thinks it’s doubtful that the lines associated with the Royal Caribbean group would be permitted to source tonnage from Carnival.

Never say never (though while very rare), the former Tropicale (then Pacific Star) was purchased from P&O Australia for Pullmantur.

5 hours ago, foodsvcmgr said:

I thinks it’s doubtful that the lines associated with the Royal Caribbean group would be permitted to source tonnage from Carnival.

They actually have done so before. In 2018, Azamara bought Adonia, which last sailed under the Carnival Corporation umbrella as Adonia for P&O. Of course three years later Royal Caribbean sold Azamara and its fleet to Sycamore Partners, who operates Azamara today (and go on to purchase the former Pacific Princess).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2023 at 5:54 PM, CupKayke said:

We will be sailing on Costa Fortuna in March.  Interesting. 

Us, too, from 18 March to 14 April. There are no cruises on her for sale after 14 April, so it may be her last-ever sailing for Costa. Could be an interesting wind-down experience!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I was booked on the Fortuna from Rio to Barcelona in March. Costa sent me a email saying the ship would no longer be disembarking in Barcelona. I was given the choice to continue with this cruise, get a refund or choose another cruise with obc. I chose to cancel this and take the Costa Firenze from Rio to Barcelona in April. I had already booked the Firenze from Barcelona to Kiel in May so its worked out well as i will now be doing back to Back on the Firenze from Rio to Kiel. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sealynx said:

Costa has announced the 2024 program and has opened sales:

Cruiseindustrynews.com

In this news article I'm missing not only Magica, but also Fortuna and Serena. So I guess we still don't know for sure which they'll be selling.

They also announced today that Serena will be doing an Asian program during the summer.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2023 at 6:08 AM, sealynx said:

Costa has announced the 2024 program and has opened sales:

Cruiseindustrynews.com

In this news article I'm missing not only Magica, but also Fortuna and Serena. So I guess we still don't know for sure which they'll be selling.

Serena was given a separate announcement, will sail from South Korea and Taiwan from June to Sept; not sure where she will be from Sept to Dec and is expected to sail in the Caribbean starting Dec. 

Magica is definitely out with the recent flag change, shame they couldn’t keep Fortuna since it’s in active service now. 

On 1/5/2023 at 1:03 PM, kremerlorraine said:

Us, too, from 18 March to 14 April. There are no cruises on her for sale after 14 April, so it may be her last-ever sailing for Costa. Could be an interesting wind-down experience!

I see you are doing a back-to-back.  Your first 8 days are the same as our cruise the 8 days prior.    There is no one in my roll call on here so I'm going to go check yours for ideas...