Formal Nights Wonder of the Seas

Coupe

On 12/23/2022 at 1:35 PM, Coupe said:

What are the formal nights on Wonder? Will they be affected by a holiday such as Valentine's Day?

As long as you understand that there is really no formal nights any longer. You can dress up any night and there will be photographers every night.

Short pants are perfectly acceptable every night. 

Here’s the MDR line on the Wonder of the Seas on “formal night”

DB3FF847-05E6-4041-AA0C-B9505D92E334.png.4531abb4b25f627ac761c3ed1fbbc97b.png

On 12/25/2022 at 12:47 AM, BirdTravels said:

As long as you understand that there is really no formal nights any longer. You can dress up any night and there will be photographers every night.

On our recent oasis cruise there was a major difference in how people dressed in the two formal nights. Around 90% of people had dressed up for those two nights and it was significantly dressier than the other nights.

On 12/24/2022 at 5:47 PM, BirdTravels said:

Yep. It's vacation. 

4 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Formal is dead. Now called "Dress Your Best." So it all depends on what is in your suitcase.

They still called it formal on night three on the Wonder. Night six was dress your best this past week 

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Donsyb said:

On our recent oasis cruise there was a major difference in how people dressed in the two formal nights. Around 90% of people had dressed up for those two nights and it was significantly dressier than the other nights.

On Harmony in October it was much fewer than half who dressed up.  Probably less than 25%.

On 12/24/2022 at 6:47 PM, BirdTravels said:

As they should be.  I was on Wonder in September and wore shorts each night in the MDR except on formal night, where I wore jeans to "dress up", but it wasn't really necessary, based on what others were wearing.

I'm very glad to see that Royal has relaxed their dress code...  you're on vacation and should be able to dress how you want (within reason).  Now, over on the Celebrity forum, they will run you off the ship with pitch forks for even suggesting wearing shorts to dinner. 😄

• Like 1

20 hours ago, billslowsky said:

I was on three Royal cruises in 2022.  No one had any where near half of the people dressing up on "formal" nights.  Your claim of 90% suggests poor vision or math skills.

I have neither thank you, but thanks for the rude assumptions!

I was actually very surprised by the number dressed up after reading everyone on here say no one dresses up anymore.  I then wished I had taken dressier clothes as so many were dressed up to the nines. Granted not many in tuxes, but lots of suits, full

length dresses etc. Maybe those dressed down went to the windjammer, but MDR was almost all dressed up and even in the communal areas after e.g royal promenade the majority were in smart clothes.

maybe you’re the one with the eyesight and maths problems!

Edited by Donsyb

10 minutes ago, Donsyb said:

I was actually very surprised by the number dressed up after reading everyone on here say no one dresses up anymore.  I then wished I had taken dressier clothes as so many were dressed up to the nines. Granted not many in tuxes, but lots of suits, full

length dresses etc. Maybe those dressed down went to the windjammer, but MDR was almost all dressed up and even in the communal areas after e.g royal promenade the majority were in smart clothes.

I just got off Saturday and was also surprised at how many were dressed up. 

• Like 1

On 12/27/2022 at 2:07 PM, Donsyb said:

My math and vision are fine.  It wasn't anywhere near 90% before COVID either.  Hyperbole isn't effective.

On 12/28/2022 at 7:51 PM, billslowsky said:

My math and vision are fine.  It wasn't anywhere near 90% before COVID either.  Hyperbole isn't effective.

Can you not just accept your experience was yours and mine may have been different? Unless you were on my sailing you really have no idea. I 

not exaggerating, I’m reporting what I saw.

And others on here (and other forums) have also said their experience was like mine. Some have had the same experience as you. Doesn’t make either of us right or wrong.