Embarkation lunch

kaceyisme

The MDR is only open if you are booked in a Concierge class cabin, are on a B2B or have achieved Zenith level in the Captains Club.

If you are booked in a Suite Luminae is open.

For most the options are the Oceanview Cafe, the Mast Grill or the Spa cafe.  

Why Spa Cafe is not open on boarding day on Equinox is a mystery to me. But it has been closed the last 3 times I cruised on Equinox. I wonder about other ships. Besides Oceanview Cafe and Mast Grill, the only other option is to pay for lunch at Sushi on 5. 

37 minutes ago, 39august said:

Why Spa Cafe is not open on boarding day on Equinox is a mystery to me. But it has been closed the last 3 times I cruised on Equinox. I wonder about other ships. Besides Oceanview Cafe and Mast Grill, the only other option is to pay for lunch at Sushi on 5. 

Lack of staff comes to mind as a logical reason

50 minutes ago, 39august said:

But it is open every other day for breakfast and lunch. Maybe all the crew is just busier on embarkation day. But that is the very day that another lunch dining venue is most needed. 

Thousands of suitcases need to be taken to staterooms, pallet after pallet of supplies are onloaded and need to be put in the proper storage areas, new staff come on board and need to get checked in and settled in their quarters, and so much more goes on behind the scenes.  Yes, the crew is just busier on embarkation day.