Table for 2

packedandready

And if you want the same table each night, see the maitre d the first night, or the first day.  Talk to them in person, not on the phone.

Realize also that with a table for two, not seated with others, you will be seated right next to another table for 2.  Close enough that it will seem like the same table.

• Like 4

Go into the Medallion app, select Dine My Way and from there you can select reserve same time each day or you can select individual daily reservations.   Once you indicate if you want the same time each day, or individual daily reservations you will select from available time slots ( you can move the time dial up or down to pick times).  When you pick a time you will be shown available dining rooms with private table or table shared with others.  Make your selection and your spot is reserved.  If you don’t see private tables at the time you have chosen select another time slot until you get what you want.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

Go into the Medallion app, select Dine My Way and from there you can select reserve same time each day or you can select individual daily reservations.   Once you indicate if you want the same time each day, or individual daily reservations you will select from available time slots ( you can move the time dial up or down to pick times).  When you pick a time you will be shown available dining rooms with private table or table shared with others.  Make your selection and your spot is reserved.  If you don’t see private tables at the time you have chosen select another time slot until you get what you want.

That is the way to do it.

When I did this last month for a cruise in May, only tables for 2 were available to reserve anywhere near the time we wanted. I find it hard to believe all the share tables were really booked that far in advance. In the past it often has been difficult to get a table for two. Not so for my upcoming cruise.

We like anytime dining. I don't make a reservation because we never know when, where we may want dinner. We just show up & ask for a table for 2. I always ask for a table for 2 that is not near another table for 2. As someone said, some 2 tops are very near the next 2 tops. We are always accommodated cheerfully, warmly. Sometimes there's a short wait. Sometimes no wait at all. We have never, ever "greased a palm." 

Edited by 1965

I ask for a table for 2 with 2 push in chairs. Neither of us wants to have to squeeze through the tables to sit on the bench. We also don't want any other persons a*s in our faces as they squeeze through. A lot of times we're given a table that's right next to the service bar.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ldtr said:

Funny thing is that I have gotten great service on board, gotten the dining table I have wanted, just by treating the staff courteously and having discussions with them.  

I  expect in most cases they are perfectly happy to take all of the money you want to throw at them, but in reality the service is what you would get normally.

I have gotten a bigger reaction from crew asking them if they need anything from shore on days when they cannot get off ship, then I ever did with just providing them with a tip. 

Basically you are telling them that you do not expect them to do their job without an upfront payment.  

Curtesy, mutual respect, talks far more than money, though they will be perfectly willing to take all that you throw their way.

Well said. 

If we have ever had any special needs,  we have found that a polite request us all that is needed.

Throwing money around says more about the individual concerned than anything else. 

• Thanks 3