Looking for current drink menus - Bars and MDR

inazuma

I am trying to track down current drink menus from the bars and the MDR in order to evaluate Drink Package costs.  I am not interested in debating those costs, just looking for recent drink menus. Can anyone point me to a recent source? 

The factors that I am looking at the menus for clarification on are:

• MDR Classic and Premium wine lists
  • MDR list of wines by the glass vs by the bottle
  • Basic cost for a "premium" cocktail (i.e. Hendricks and Tonic)

Thanks!

Go to the Celebrity App for your cruise. 

Select Dining. 

For wines select dining, Main Dining, and your restaurant.  Look under menu and select wine.  Classic is any wine by the glass up to $10.  Premium is any wine by the glass up to $14.  There is no guarantee that all the wines listed will be available. 

For Bar drink menu's, under Dining select Bars and Lounges and look at the Menu for each one.  Again, any drink up to $10 is included in the Classic package, any drink up to $14 is in the Premium package. 

• Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Go to the Celebrity App for your cruise. 

Select Dining. 

For wines select dining, Main Dining, and your restaurant.  Look under menu and select wine.  Classic is any wine by the glass up to $10.  Premium is any wine by the glass up to $14.  There is no guarantee that all the wines listed will be available. 

For Bar drink menu's, under Dining select Bars and Lounges and look at the Menu for each one.  Again, any drink up to $10 is included in the Classic package, any drink up to $14 is in the Premium package. 

Thanks! My last cruise was on Norwegian and their app was completely useless, so I had not even downloaded this one.  I do see the Dining and Bar info that you recommend - very helpful!

The App would be your best go to for prices.  But you also can upgrade anytime when you board and take a look at the prices overall.  The main thing is the wine and beer selection in the Premium works better for me and my travelmate.  Last cruise I was actually drinking one not covered by either, was like 2 dollars over premium I think.  All the wines are not listed in the app or easily found.  I had to ask and found a good Pinot Noir by the glass that I did not know about.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

Have you tried a search as there are lots of posts regarding drink prices and packages 

I sure did, but since they didn't have any references to the info I was specifically asking about, I asked.  I'll let you see how much information you get searching for "Drink" or "Wine" in the forum really gets you.  After looking at about 3 dozen posts, some with 10+pages, I still had questions.

9 minutes ago, inazuma said:

I was aware of that list, but since it did not have prices...

You wont find individual drink prices for the gin and tonics etc.  But I would guess they have them at the top of the pkg pricing...ie Hendricks and tonic 15 or 17 and Gordons (Classic) at the 9 or 10 level.  I know the levels use to be 9 for classic and 15 for premium and they just changed. 

Also be aware unlike NCL packages, Celebrity already include the tips with it so do not have to add that in.  But if you only have the classic pkg and order a premium alcohol you would pay difference plus 20%  ex  Premium alcohol drink 15...classic will cover 9 of that.  So 6 plus 20% price would be 7.20

Edited by bikerunner
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, RichYak said:

Those should both be $17, not $14

You are correct -- According to my Celebrity App, Classic is "up to $10.00" and Premium is "up to $17.00".  I thought classic was higher but both the web site and the app are showing $10.00

I was just looking at the bar menus on the app and noticed that some drinks are listed as Premium but only $10. If I wanted Baileys on the rocks it would be $10 and on the disclaimer on comparison it says "Includes drinks up to $10." So would this be included in the Classic Package?

image.png.ab4ed33525e97ec5411bb159a1ddd7fd.png

2 minutes ago, YensidCA said:

I was just looking at the bar menus on the app and noticed that some drinks are listed as Premium but only $10. If I wanted Baileys on the rocks it would be $10 and on the disclaimer on comparison it says "Includes drinks up to $10." So would this be included in the Classic Package?

image.png.ab4ed33525e97ec5411bb159a1ddd7fd.png

It may be that the menus have not been updated on the app.  
It would seem unlikely to me that they wouldn’t be moving beverages from the Premium down to the Classic as that means fewer would upgrade from Classic to Premium.  If I can get Baileys and Ketel One I wouldn't be paying  $15-18 per day to upgrade to the Premium package.

3 hours ago, YensidCA said:

I would recommend you go by this .. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/compare-packages

The Celebrity app says the Classic package include drinks up to $9. I hope they clear everything out because I don't want to spend on anything beyond Classic. I got the package through a promo, but we don't really drink a lot, just one drink a day.

2 hours ago, Iriel said:

The Celebrity app says the Classic package include drinks up to $9. I hope they clear everything out because I don't want to spend on anything beyond Classic. I got the package through a promo, but we don't really drink a lot, just one drink a day.

Do not know what cruise you are on but the Celebrity app on my iPhone for Millennium in April it says up to $10 for classic. 

17 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Do not know what cruise you are on but the Celebrity app on my iPhone for Millennium in April it says up to $10 for classic. 

That's weird. I'll be on Infinity in February.