Jewel Chops breakfast

CFLRetired

25 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

This is one menu I'd like to see changed.

It's convenient and it's quiet. But it gets stale fast.

We go to the dining room, sometimes for a change of menu/scenery. There are a couple of items on the dining  room breakfast menu that are not available for the suite breakfast.

m

With one or two exceptions, it is essentially the same menu as the one used on CK ships for suites. Other than on departure day and on port days where there is an early arrival time, we actually prefer the WJ for breakfast over Chops or CK.

Just now, smokeybandit said:

I just rotate eggs benedict and a ham and cheese omelet each day. Neither of which I eat at home for breakfast.

People complain the WJ breakfast has no variety.  It does for me but to each their own.

For me the Chops breakfast is a relaxed, civil way to start each day without having to "scrounge for my food" in the WJ.  The venue and service is worth it to me and I have 4 or 5 go to choices I cycle through.  

I could probably carmelize bananas at home but there is no way I'm going to do that for breakfast when I'm half awake.  Sitting in Chops sipping on my latte?  Sure!  

What a great way to ponder what to do for the rest of the day.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

With one or two exceptions, it is essentially the same menu as the one used on CK ships for suites. Other than on departure day and on port days where there is an early arrival time, we actually prefer the WJ for breakfast over Chops or CK.

Who is eligible to eat in Chops for breakfast?

17 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We go to the dining room, sometimes for a change of menu/scenery. There are a couple of items on the dining  room breakfast menu that are not available for the suite breakfast.

m

The one thing I miss in Chops is the breakfast burritos they offer in the dining room.  Otherwise...the more quiet atmosphere in Chops and superior service keeps us coming back.  

After a couple of days...our waiters know our preferences and are bringing our tea/coffee as we are being seated.  

13 hours ago, steveru621 said:

It may depend on how many Pinnies are on the cruise.  Pinnies may get assigned to Giovanni's Table.  BTW D+ are no longer invited to breakfast at Giovanni's Table,

I didn't realize they ever were invited.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I just rotate eggs benedict and a ham and cheese omelet each day. Neither of which I eat at home for breakfast.

Used to do egg white omelet. Now I'm doing poached eggs with the veg fro the omelet 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Used to do egg white omelet. Now I'm doing poached eggs with the vedge fro the omelet 

Oh that's right...they don't do your faro do they?   I love faro...but not with all the peppers that CK puts in that mix.  You and Bucky...yeah...pepper fans.  Me not so much.  

Favorite breakfast is just scrambled eggs with mushrooms.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Oh that's right...they don't do your faro do they?   I love faro...but not with all the peppers that CK puts in that mix.  You and Bucky...yeah...pepper fans.  Me not so much.  

Favorite breakfast is just scrambled eggs with mushrooms.  

Definitely miss the faro from CK

• Like 1

14 hours ago, steveru621 said:

It may depend on how many Pinnies are on the cruise.  Pinnies may get assigned to Giovanni's Table.  BTW D+ are no longer invited to breakfast at Giovanni's Table,

Don’t recall that D+ was offered breakfast  in a speciality restaurant. If it was offered and removed I think  I would remember it.   Maybe it wasn’t offered on ships I sailed. 

And yes, often Pinnace breakfast is in one speciality restaurant and suite in another. We find this set up mostly on Radiance  class ships.  Suite/pinnacle get to go to either  but we like to stick with one. 
m

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Don’t recall that D+ was offered breakfast  in a speciality restaurant. If it was offered and removed I think  I would remember it.   Maybe it wasn’t offered on ships I sailed. 

And yes, often Pinnace breakfast is in one speciality restaurant and suite in another. We find this set up mostly on Radiance  class ships.  Suite/pinnacle get to go to either  but we like to stick with one. 
m

It was grouped together on Serenade a couple of weeks ago.  Will be interesting to see how the Jewel does it.  I think you are on this coming Friday as well?  

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

It was grouped together on Serenade a couple of weeks ago.  Will be interesting to see how the Jewel does it.  I think you are on this coming Friday as well?  

January on  Jewel we were all in chops. We went to the dining room a few times and were pleased there as well 

m

• Like 1

Years ago, D and above had a special designated breakfast area.  On some ships it was a small dining room off the MDR, and on some it was a designated section of the MDR.  I think we got a free specialty coffee with breakfast, but if I remember right, the menu was the same as the MDR breakfast menu.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twangster said:

I don't ever recall being offered a breakfast in specialty as a D+.  How long ago was that?

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

m

We used to go all the time, before Covid.  Only on Radiance class.

Not surprising many people knew about D+ breakfast.  It seems it was all a big secret!  We found out in the Radiance class Concierge Club, back when D+ were invited.  Sure enough, the next morning we showed up and there was even a sign.

Never got an invitation from the concierge; Diamond Lounge, or Concierge Club.