Jewel Chops breakfast

CFLRetired

2 hours ago, island lady said:

It was grouped together on Serenade a couple of weeks ago.  Will be interesting to see how the Jewel does it.  I think you are on this coming Friday as well?  

In Nov. for my cruise Pins were above the threshold and we were banned from the SL.  Breakfast was in Giovanni's while suites used Chops.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Would not mind going into Giovanni's for breakfast.  🙂  

Right next door to Chops so virtually the same.  There is a door between the two venues that the crew would go back and forth through.  I enjoyed it, great way to start the day.  They did grumble about getting a latte, claimed they had no machine so they had to walk to cafe latte-tudes to get it.   

On Brilliance & Serenade they must have a machine closer as a latte was never a problem and quick.

ON Independence  BTB in Nov and printout in cabin for  Giovanni"s for breakfast  and the old library on Deck 5 for Pinnacle happy hour. Changed that evening to suite lounge  and breakfast at chops for both cruises as  below threshold for Pinnacle.  Bob & Nancy.    

45 minutes ago, twangster said:

Right next door to Chops so virtually the same.  There is a door between the two venues that the crew would go back and forth through.  I enjoyed it, great way to start the day.  They did grumble about getting a latte, claimed they had no machine so they had to walk to cafe latte-tudes to get it.   

On Brilliance & Serenade they must have a machine closer as a latte was never a problem and quick.

Yup, familiar with that pass through door.  We always see them going back and forth on the Radiance class.   They were not using Giovanni's on Serenade except for dinner and was never busy at that time either.  We enjoyed dinner there. 

Loved our breakfast in Chops, but the dinner we had there was a total fail. 😞 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 10:28 AM, cruisegirl1 said:

Don’t recall that D+ was offered breakfast  in a speciality restaurant.

Pre shutdown on some of the ships - Freedom class comes to mind - D+ were able to have breakfast in Chops. Long since gone...

On 12/31/2022 at 12:16 PM, foxgoodrich said:

Years ago, D and above had a special designated breakfast area.  On some ships it was a small dining room off the MDR, and on some it was a designated section of the MDR.  I think we got a free specialty coffee with breakfast, but if I remember right, the menu was the same as the MDR breakfast menu.

Grandeur had it up until they left Baltimore this last time.  EN does not.  On GR, it was just the front section of the MDR on the opposite side of the entrance for everyone.  And, yes, a specialty coffee was included and the menu was exactly the same, but the service was better.  Not sure if it was because it was more experienced wait staff or they just had less tables per team.