New MDR menus yet?

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

OH nooooo!!!   😮

That is the one thing I always enjoy at Chops, and was happy to see it on the menu once a week in the MDR on Serenade a couple of weeks ago.  

It has always been on the first day (night)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, island lady said:

Same thing for me.   If I don't like the offerings of the night...the Salmon on the classics menu is my go to.   I do flip it over and scrape the dark section off....which is where most of the possible fishy taste comes from.  

Bucky heads to the Strip Steak.  He loves it.  

Kathy always likes it when she sees escargot being offered every night at the bottom of the menu under classics.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Kathy always likes it when she sees escargot being offered every night at the bottom of the menu under classics.  

Bucky loves those snails as well...but has run into some "not so great" ones lately.  Will try them again on upcoming Jewel on Friday.  🙂 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Momto3girlsintheCarolinas said:

I am pretty sure no one ever starved on a cruise ship.

I damn near did once.  I actually want for almost a whole hour without eating something while awake.  It was the worse hour of my life, my cruise vacation life, that is.

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

1 minute ago, Ret MP said:

I damn near did once.  I actually want for almost a whole hour without eating something while awake.  It was the worse hour of my life, my cruise vacation life, that is.

LOL....Toooo funny!!   🤣😂😅

• Haha 1

We had the “new and improved “ menu for three weeks on Symphony.  Several of the items we considered their best are gone. Sorry to say one of the missing was the mushroom soup. We absolutely HATED the menu and conveyed this through their daily qv code at dinner.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Garmy44 said:

We had the “new and improved “ menu for three weeks on Symphony.  Several of the items we considered their best are gone. Sorry to say one of the missing was the mushroom soup. We absolutely HATED the menu and conveyed this through their daily qv code at dinner.

Oh dear....what else was missing?  

2 hours ago, pcur said:

I have a friend on the Enchantment right now, and I asked her about this.  Specifically the previous "always available" grilled salmon entrée.  She and I both use it as our go-to if we are not interested in the other offerings.  She said special requests are still encouraged, the salmon is still available, and she and I made a request for the crab cakes every night on a cruise last September.  If you give your waiter some notice (assuming here you have the same waiter going forward), they can accommodate your request.

I always ask for the "Savory Bites" and made available every night other than the initial night.  Last time on Oasis, they came out nice and warm right out of the oven.😊

Going forward, wonder if I can get the French Onion Soup every night.

Edited by nelblu

24 minutes ago, Garmy44 said:

Well, there were really only two things that I enjoyed in the MDR anyway.  One - the French Onion Soup.  Two - the Shrimp Cocktail (if the shrimp is fresh, there is no guarantee that it is).  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

OH nooooo!!!   😮

That is the one thing I always enjoy at Chops, and was happy to see it on the menu once a week in the MDR on Serenade a couple of weeks ago.  

My favorite at Chops, other than the Ribeye, is the BBQ or whatever it is, pork belly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ret MP said:

My favorite at Chops, other than the Ribeye, is the BBQ or whatever it is, pork belly. 

Pork belly at CK was really bad too.  I assume it’s not supposed to be a big hunk of chewy fat?

31 minutes ago, Garmy44 said:

Sorry, French Onion Soup, one of my favorites also, is also MIA most evenings. 

This will greatly disappoint my wife  Her favorite appetizer is the French Onion Soup. 

53 minutes ago, poocher said:

Pork belly at CK was really bad too.  I assume it’s not supposed to be a big hunk of chewy fat?

Nope, but it does have a lot of fat on it though.  Just like me!  But, my wife finds me at least a little desirable. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Ret MP said:

I don't like the bacon or whatever it is called there, but i love the crispy pork belly at 150 Central Park.  It is just a small piece, but it is so crispy and delicious.  I think that's part of why 150 is my favorite restaurant.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

I don't like the bacon or whatever it is called there, but i love the crispy pork belly at 150 Central Park.  It is just a small piece, but it is so crispy and delicious.  I think that's part of why 150 is my favorite restaurant.

Ya, I believe that is what it is at Chops, crispy pork belly with some BBQ sauce or some sweet sauce drizzled on it. 

3 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Ya, I believe that is what it is at Chops, crispy pork belly with some BBQ sauce or some sweet sauce drizzled on it. 

Hummmmmm, that was a shock.  I just went into Royals site and looked at the menu for Chops and I'll be damned it is Bacon, "Grilled Black Pepper Bacon".  I think it has changed since I was in a Chops last.  I'm sure/positive it was Pork Belly when we were on the Symphony in ~2019.  I remember, no one else in our party of 13 wanted anything to do with "pork belly" and the server(s) automatically brought it to everyone.  Well, in no time at all, I had 12 additional servings of the stuff on my plate.  Loved it.  No, I didn't eat all of them.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

The bacon served in Chops is a long piece of bacon that is thick  sliced and served with a glaze.  The pork belly in 150 is about an inch square.  They are totally different, but to many, both delicious.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, katiel53 said:

The bacon served in Chops is a long piece of bacon that is thick  sliced and served with a glaze.  The pork belly in 150 is about an inch square.  They are totally different, but to many, both delicious.

I totally agree, I love it, no matter what it's called, what it's shape.  Heck, they both are from the belly of pork or better said, "Bacon is technically pork bellybut pork belly isn’t necessarily bacon".  

And not to argue.  I'm sure or I wouldn't debate what you are saying is/was your experience.  But, on my cruise in 2019 on the Symphony, it was "Pork Belly" in Chops, at least that's how the head server introduced it.  I didn't look for it on the menu, as I said, it just showed up, along with the bread basket and filling the water glasses.