House Select Beveridge Package

Ocean Mouse

My reservation says Promotional Amenities US$200 OLife Choice Shipboard Credit per passenger. Withe that money instead of buying something at the stores or using at the Spa I would prefer to either buy the Prestige Package for one person only since my husband doesn't drink or pay for specialty restaurant.

23 minutes ago, TITISSA said:

I'm new to Oceania. Is SBC complimentary shipboard credit?

if you took the SBC as the O Life perk you paid for it yourself

It  depends on where the SBC  came from  whether complimentary or not

Non Refundable or not

9 minutes ago, TITISSA said:

My reservation says Promotional Amenities US$200 OLife Choice Shipboard Credit per passenger. Withe that money instead of buying something at the stores or using at the Spa I would prefer to either buy the Prestige Package for one person only since my husband doesn't drink or pay for specialty restaurant.

You can purchase the Beverage package  using the SBC 

just have your TA take care of it  or call O  & have them do it

On 1/7/2023 at 9:16 AM, MEFIowa said:

Though if you want to save money, you could order the hamburger, avoid the alcohol package/order, and just drink all the beer, hard liquor and wine you bring aboard at embarkation and at the ports. 😉 

Do they let you bring wine, liquor on board in the ports?? Cruises I've been on confiscate it and hold it for you  until disembarkation.

7 minutes ago, Dougolly said:

Do they let you bring wine, liquor on board in the ports?? Cruises I've been on confiscate it and hold it for you  until disembarkation.

Yes. You can bring alcohol on board right from the start and in the ports. 

29 minutes ago, Dougolly said:

just  drink  the spirits in your cabin

if you take wine to dinner/lunch pay the corkage fee

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2023 at 4:01 PM, Ocean Mouse said:

This package is described as beer or wine by the glass with lunch and dinner. Does the meal need to be eaten in the main dining room or can it be a burger in Waves or a snack in the Terrace Cafe? What about room service?

You also can have drinks with breakfast - a mimosa or glass of champagne with breakfast on the back deck of Terrace as you sail into port is a wonderful way to start the day!.  Also since port is a wine, you can enjoy a glass of port to end your meal

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, basor said:

You also can have drinks with breakfast - a mimosa or glass of champagne with breakfast on the back deck of Terrace as you sail into port is a wonderful way to start the day!.  Also since port is a wine, you can enjoy a glass of port to end your meal

Good to know, thanks

• Like 1

21 hours ago, basor said:

How do you know this? (Not that I'm questioning you, but another frequent poster poured cold water on the idea and said there's no guarantee of this, that the included wine/beer was ONLY at lunch and dinner, not breakfast.) Personally, I'd love to have a mimosa, and I'm prepared to pay extra if necessary, but if it's included in the standard beverage package, so much the better! 

4 minutes ago, dcsam said:

Also interested how the select works if you want a glass of wine in the room before dinner.  Or out by the pool during lunch.  Can we go to any bar during those times and order a glass of wine?

Yes but you'd pay for it, the understanding I have is that it only applies to the dining venues. (Assuming we're talking about the standard O Life Beverage package, not the upgraded Prestige one.)

24 minutes ago, dcsam said:

Also interested how the select works if you want a glass of wine in the room before dinner.  Or out by the pool during lunch.  Can we go to any bar during those times and order a glass of wine?

Go to Waves grill or the Terrace order your meal & wine   then you can take it by the pool

In cabin   order room service & ask for  a glass of wine to go with your meal

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

How do you know this? (Not that I'm questioning you, but another frequent poster poured cold water on the idea and said there's no guarantee of this, that the included wine/beer was ONLY at lunch and dinner, not breakfast.) Personally, I'd love to have a mimosa, and I'm prepared to pay extra if necessary, but if it's included in the standard beverage package, so much the better! 

From the many mimosas and champagne I have enjoyed with my breakfast while sitting out on the back deck of Terrace - first hand, personal knowledge.....

45 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Yes but you'd pay for it, the understanding I have is that it only applies to the dining venues. (Assuming we're talking about the standard O Life Beverage package, not the upgraded Prestige one.)

Sorry but we regularly have the Select package and have enjoyed both mimosas and champagne with our breakfast and have not paid for it.....

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, basor said:

From the many mimosas and champagne I have enjoyed with my breakfast while sitting out on the back deck of Terrace - first hand, personal knowledge.....

Sorry but we regularly have the Select package and have enjoyed both mimosas and champagne with our breakfast and have not paid for it.....

Good to hear that! Free is my favorite brand! 😁 Also, although it may not have come across that way, I wasn't trying to challenge you, I just wanted to know the source of your information. A recent exchange in this forum gave me the impression that this was not official policy. See below.

Edited by DCGuy64
added link
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

The ongoing lesson here is the often abject failure of O to actually stick to published rules, procedures, and guidance. So much is more "optional" or "suggested" than enforced, in actual fact.

Thus, as you RIGHTLY point out: lunch and dinner for House Select+.

But someone tells you here that this apparently hasn't applied to them. Guess what, the 6 bottles of wine at embarkation policy isn't "enforced". The dress codes in the specialty restaurants aren't "enforced". The entire disembarkation process isn't "enforced". So often people do whatever they want and O allows it or their employees allow it. Is that good or bad? Don't know, don't care. It is what it is, so you find out what is allowed on your cruise, and once you learn it, you do what works for you!

--------------------

From the O website:

HOUSE SELECT+

Enjoy unlimited Champagne, wine and beer with lunch and dinner from $39.95 per guest, per day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

Can we pay the extra $20 per day to upgrade to the Prestige package once onboard?

Yes  but it has gone up to $30 pp pd

You can only do the upgrade once onboard  AFAIK

1 minute ago, DCGuy64 said:

It appears to be $40 per day, but the answer is "yes."

I thought that the select was $39.95 and Prestige $59.95 per day.  Just looked at something else that showed $69.95.  In Gus’s you are saying that it is now $79.95. 

2 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

Thanks Lynn. 

$30 seems to be the consensus and tracks with what current passengers are seeing. However, I was told several times by Oceania phone reps that the price is $40 per person. Notwithstanding the comments that Oceania reps don't know what they're talking about, it wouldn't surprise me if the cost were $40 because they valued our O Life standard package at $29.95 and said the upgrade would be based on $69.95, hence a $40 markup. I'll test this out when we go on our cruise in 3 week's time.

2 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

$30 seems to be the consensus and tracks with what current passengers are seeing. However, I was told several times by Oceania phone reps that the price is $40 per person. Notwithstanding the comments that Oceania reps don't know what they're talking about, it wouldn't surprise me if the cost were $40 because they valued our O Life standard package at $29.95 and said the upgrade would be based on $69.95, hence a $40 markup. I'll test this out when we go on our cruise in 3 week's time.

There  was a thread posted back in Jan with the info  it is  $30 PP PD