LIVE- Valiant Lady- 1/14/23-1/22/23

MeganGC1983

56 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

DFW has like airplane interstates.

They didn’t have a gate for us, so after the interstates, we sat there extra. At one point, I thought the pilot was going to take off again to circle and come back. It was definitely extra this evening. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

They didn’t have a gate for us, so after the interstates, we sat there extra. At one point, I thought the pilot was going to take off again to circle and come back. It was definitely extra this evening. 

One time we had to get off of the plane and onto a bus.

• Haha 1

After a LONG week of jury duty, I ended up on two trials, and now I’m allowed back on the internets. 
Post cruise wrap up: Valiant Lady was amazing. The crew and the food were top notch. The only complaint was that the room was too close to the Red Room, and we could definitely hear the shows. Good news on that, it never went past 10pm. I really enjoyed the shows especially Duel Reality and Scarlet Night. The ports were fantastic even though there was a lot not available at Puerto Plata. We really wanted to snorkel… thanks weather and then, we were sad the cable car wasn’t running. As always, we LOVED Bimini. The beach club is great, but the island is amazing. Everyone had a great time and several have all ready booked Brilliant Lady for next year.
As always, thanks to all of you for following along and if you have any more questions, let me know. Thanks y’all!  

• Like 22

On 1/28/2023 at 8:51 AM, MeganGC1983 said:

Thanks. It was an experience for sure! 

Wellllll....first post that CC rejected.

Anyway, I know where you come from. And thanks for serving. So many skip.

I have been on a few juries. Can't say what they were for because CC will not let me. And one I was rejected on, thank goodness.   

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 11:50 AM, MeganGC1983 said:

After a LONG week of jury duty, I ended up on two trials, and now I’m allowed back on the internets. 
Post cruise wrap up: Valiant Lady was amazing. The crew and the food were top notch. The only complaint was that the room was too close to the Red Room, and we could definitely hear the shows. Good news on that, it never went past 10pm. I really enjoyed the shows especially Duel Reality and Scarlet Night. The ports were fantastic even though there was a lot not available at Puerto Plata. We really wanted to snorkel… thanks weather and then, we were sad the cable car wasn’t running. As always, we LOVED Bimini. The beach club is great, but the island is amazing. Everyone had a great time and several have all ready booked Brilliant Lady for next year.
As always, thanks to all of you for following along and if you have any more questions, let me know. Thanks y’all!  

You were fantastic.

Thanks again!!

• Thanks 1

Hey Megan,  We made it home, too yesterday (we went on the Encore after Valiant Lady as I think I mentioned)  I wish we had done the Encore first and then VV.  Boy, what a shock after our VV sailing of less than 30 percent to the total capacity sailing on the Encore.  We stayed on the ship for 2 ports.  I was ready to get off the ship.  We are thinking of booking a VV out of Europe.  Loved our sea terrace balcony but disliked the bathroom.  I'd book the XL next time.  Food was really good for the most part.  Liked that there were no announcements, too.  Crew were the best we've ever had on 37 cruises.  It was great meeting you and your DH.  Happy sailing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, surfone said:

Hey Megan,  We made it home, too yesterday (we went on the Encore after Valiant Lady as I think I mentioned)  I wish we had done the Encore first and then VV.  Boy, what a shock after our VV sailing of less than 30 percent to the total capacity sailing on the Encore.  We stayed on the ship for 2 ports.  I was ready to get off the ship.  We are thinking of booking a VV out of Europe.  Loved our sea terrace balcony but disliked the bathroom.  I'd book the XL next time.  Food was really good for the most part.  Liked that there were no announcements, too.  Crew were the best we've ever had on 37 cruises.  It was great meeting you and your DH.  Happy sailing.

So great to meet you. I’m sure that was a shock! Glad you made it home safely. Stay warm. 

14 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Well we booked our next one. Ruby Princess won’t be as shiny as Valiant Lady, but we are ready for March to see what she brings. 

Looking forward to your review of the Ruby Princess!!  Please post a link here so I can follow along!  Thanks!!

• Like 2

On 1/15/2023 at 4:17 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

Got to keep the flask. Great class. My sister just realized she knows Joel from working at DisneyWorld. Small world… not literally. They worked the Halloween parade together. 

That looks great. How much was the shot 4 shot class and did you book it right away?

On 1/18/2023 at 4:36 PM, Saint Greg said:

I'm not well-versed in any of the cruise lines other than Carnival. I know the wifi and gratuities would knock $200-250 off. But I save 10% off of everything Carnival with their gift cards so most of that savings is offset right there. Then I get $100 OBC as a shareholder. I don't do room service or classes. The drink package pretty much covers everything with Carnival. I bet I could run up a 1k bar bill in 8 days on VV where a drink package would be less than half of that. 

I think they'd still need to come down some for me. This is the 3rd or 4th VV review I've followed and I've yet to see any activities or entertainment on the ship that interests me. I guess I'd only be doing it to try their food and visit St. Croix. I haven't been to Bimini yet, but I'm going next year on an 8-day that cost me $700.86 after taxes and fees. I guess actually $630 after the 10%.

Not every cruise line is for everyone. If its not your price point, so be it. But no need to be on about it. I like to look at Regent but haven't ever paid it yet but also don't keep saying its too expensive.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tinkr2 said:

Not every cruise line is for everyone. If it’s not your price point, so be it. But no need to be on about it. I like to look at Regent but haven't ever paid it yet but also don't keep saying it too expensive.

“No need to be on about it?” I don’t even know what that means. This was a month ago. If you don’t like my post move to the next one.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

“No need to be on about it?” I don’t even know what that means. This was a month ago. If you don’t like my post move to the next one.

2 weeks ago .But it means you keep saying how much cheaper Carnival is over and over.