Royal Caribbean New Menus - Expected on all ships by end of February

6 hours ago, graciekelli said:

The only thing I don't like is that the chef's recommendations are not repeated in their respective category.  I think people will miss or forget those recommendations when ordering.  I noticed that at least on the Welcome Aboard night they were repeated but not on any of the other menus.    

Usually, the waiter will tell you and identify the chef's recommendations.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

In their entirety, not a mix and match?

I didn't compare each one but it shows menu names repeated. Mainly because it doesn't matter to me.  Point is, they have posted them for our cruise.   ETA:  I just went and looked and yes identical, not mix and match.  The Italian menu is the Italian menu regardless of which nights it's on and same for the others.  

Edited by BND

4 minutes ago, BND said:

I didn't compare each one but it shows menu names repeated. Mainly because it doesn't matter to me.  Point is, they have posted them for our cruise.  

Thanks, surprised they are repeating. It does suggest lack of creativity. 

The new menus don’t seem that different to us, more like shuffling the deck than anything new or different, , but I would have expected further reshuffling for longer cruises.

I am sure you won’t starve, just shows a lack of imagination.

6 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

The new menus don’t seem that different to us, more like shuffling the deck than anything new or different, , but I would have expected further reshuffling for longer cruises.

Be careful, you might be served with a cease and desist order from Disney concerning your "lack of imagination." Figment was copyrighted.

Rumor round-up for July 26, 2013: Closing Imagination at Epcot ...

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

The purpose was to streamline the menus not make huge changes so yeah it is shuffling the deck.  No one will starve and there are a few new items and some old favorites that are gone.  Although, they have been known to add back old popular items later.  Remember vidalia onion tart years ago that was removed with the last major menu change?  They got lots of complaints and it came back after a couple of years.

Edited by BND

39 minutes ago, BND said:

The purpose was to streamline the menus not make huge changes so yeah it is shuffling the deck.  No one will starve and there are a few new items and some old favorites that are gone.  Although, they have been known to add back old popular items later.  Remember vidalia onion tart years ago that was removed with the last major menu change?  They got lots of complaints and it came back after a couple of years.

Yes, I remember the Vidalia tart.

Although we welcomed its comeback it isn’t the same and we rarely choose it these days.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Playing devil's advocate here:  I can see why Royal wants to retain items that've been working for them.  

- They already know where to source the foods. 

- Their chefs already know how to cook them. 

- They already know how these things are received by the guests.  

Wow, I had a flashback reading this - if you cruised in the late 80's early 90's the menus were themed then, Italian, French, Royal, etc. I like the new menus, Now if they would just switch up Chops and Giovannis, those menus are so tired. On the smaller ships with only those 2 as specialty I don't even bother with the BOGO anymore. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BND said:

The new menus appeared today for our April 8th 12 night Enchantment cruise.   They're rotating/repeating some of the menus to fill the 12 nights.  

Original menu on the APP for my February Anthem sail

24 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Playing devil's advocate here:  I can see why Royal wants to retain items that've been working for them.  

- They already know where to source the foods. 

- Their chefs already know how to cook them. 

- They already know how these things are received by the guests. 

i agree with your logic.

What surprises me is the fact that they would just repeat a menu day on a longer cruise. They usually pick odd items from different days and call the menu something new.

I don’t have a problem with the new menus. 

Edited by c-leg5

One thing I will let you know is that when I found the 12 night menu under dining and then main dining, I had to select the last listing (My Fair Lady Traditional Dining Room). It was the third one down to see all 12 night menus.  The first two listed (Main Dining Room 4 and My Fair Lady My Time Dining Room end at Day 9.

On 1/8/2023 at 1:27 PM, cruiseboy89130 said:

Just awful without the classics!

We just looked back at the menus they sold back in the 90's. 3 juices,  2-3 apps, 2 salads, 2-3 soups, 5 entrees and three desserts with one being sugar free. So the "classics" are relatively "new' additions

• Like 2

Hi All,

I am on the Enchantment in May/June from Italy to Spain

I have emailed RCI to ask if the new menus will be on that ship and in what order they be so I can plan for things.

BTW At the moment, the old style menu's are showing on the app.

Here's what I got back from them today...

"Thank you for your email regarding your upcoming holiday.

Kindly note that we are unable to provide information about the dining menus. Please note that we are not able to confirm when or if the menu will be updated in the future".

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed too, that since Covid took over the planet, just about everyone in a job that you ask a question to responds with the most unhelpful answer. 

As I have said in an earlier post, although I am OK, my wife has had several operations including Gall-Bladder removal and we would normally be able to plan our holiday so that my wife doesn't have any nasty issues. To put it bluntly, Some foods come out 12 to 18 hours later no matter where you are, so I would not want her to eat something that would cause her an upset the night before say climbing the leaning tower of pisa where there would be no loos.

In the past RCI MDR waiters have done a really great job of helping my wife choose dietary items from the menu, but now with the possibility of limited menu choices, I cannot yet see how they would now achieve this.

I really love my cruising and we have done at least 2 cruises a year for 3 decades and have 2 booked for this year, but my wife has now asked me not to book anything for 2024 onwards until she has made sure she is OK with the new menu, the one RCI cannot confirm is happening, although from what I see here, it certainly is.

Ironically, I am OK with the new menu, but possibly won't be cruising again after this year unless this gets sorted out properly and we are given the details of the new menus asap.

Mick.

Edited by Mick B
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

I agree.

More Indian food choices which we don't eat, but the rest of it appears about the same but reshuffled by theme on our April 2 Oasis cruise. We'll be totally fine. At least I don't see the dreadful Beef Stroganoff with pickles on the menu.

The only thing I am very disappointed about is that Tiger Shrimp dish is no longer a garlic grilled shrimp, but an Indian curry spiced dish... Sigh.

18 minutes ago, Mick B said:

In the past RCI MDR waiters have done a really great job of helping my wife choose dietary items from the menu, but now with the possibility of limited menu choices, I cannot yet see how they would now achieve this.

we talked to the headwaiter every night and he modified the menu for the following night's dinner to suit my parents' dietary needs and restrictions.

1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

i agree with your logic.

What surprises me is the fact that they would just repeat a menu day on a longer cruise. They usually pick odd items from different days and call the menu something new.

I don’t have a problem with the new menus. 

I am a very logical person. 

Agree that a menu shouldn't be repeated on a longer cruise ... I expect more than that from our dining team. 

1 hour ago, ballarinamom said:

We just looked back at the menus they sold back in the 90's. 3 juices,  2-3 apps, 2 salads, 2-3 soups, 5 entrees and three desserts with one being sugar free. So the "classics" are relatively "new' additions

Yes.  We took a break from cruising during the years our kids were in college, then came Covid ... so we were "out" for about 8-10 years, and when we returned the "Classics" were new to us.  

17 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I agree.

More Indian food choices which we don't eat, but the rest of it appears about the same but reshuffled by theme on our April 2 Oasis cruise. We'll be totally fine. At least I don't see the dreadful Beef Stroganoff with pickles on the menu.

The only thing I am very disappointed about is that Tiger Shrimp dish is no longer a garlic grilled shrimp, but an Indian curry spiced dish... Sigh.

I like Indian food but don't want to eat it every day.  

22 hours ago, poocher said:

Not Royal’s fault if we can’t read a menu!!

Of course it's Royal's fault that they created a poorly designed menu.  They were't even consistent with the layout.  If the layout on the first night is set with the Chef's recommendations at the top and then the full menu below, including the Chef's recommended items, one would expect consistency on the following nights. Thus the reason why many who are commenting on this thread, missed certain items...like Lobster.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, melbur said:

Wow, I had a flashback reading this - if you cruised in the late 80's early 90's the menus were themed then, Italian, French, Royal, etc. I like the new menus, Now if they would just switch up Chops and Giovannis, those menus are so tired. On the smaller ships with only those 2 as specialty I don't even bother with the BOGO anymore. 

Not just themed menus back then. They were also printed fresh for each night, so they had the date on them, and you could take them home as souvenirs.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

we talked to the headwaiter every night and he modified the menu for the following night's dinner to suit my parents' dietary needs and restrictions.

Same with us as my granddaughter is lactate problems.

The headwaiter went over the next night menu and recommended/changed some of the ingredients. 

Some nights he recommended some entrees that were not in menu. 

She felt very special with all of the attention. 

• Like 1