Moved to Family Veranda room and now our boarding passes say 'Suite Class'

Neo2005

Hi there

For our upcoming cruise, after booking a standard Veranda cabin, we decided to pay a few thousand extra and 'upgrade' to one of those large 'Family Ocean View with Balcony' cabins (apparently there are four per ship). 

After doing that we noticed that the Xpress Passes on our app and our luggage tags say 'Suite Class' on them. We didn't think that our new room is classed as a suite. Does anyone know if we do in fact have suite benefits / has this happened to anyone else? Would be fabulous if so!

Thanks 🙂

• Like 1

Does it have PALL on the Xpress Pass?  All suites have Premium Drink package.  This may be one way to tell.  Have you looked on the ship deck plan online at the Celebrity website.  Some of the FV rooms are considered Suites now I believe.

ETA:  I misspoke when I wrote all suites have Premium Drink package.  I am aware that some book rooms with no perks.  Did you?

Edited by FlorenceItaly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your reply FlorenceItaly! We don't have PALL on our Xpress Passes (we booked a room with no included perks originally). Although I have just noticed that the option to buy an internet package has gone from the app. 

The Celebrity Eclipse deck plan just calls the cabin an 'Ultra Deluxe Veranda'. 

Well I suppose we can hope for the best and find out the situation when we board 😄

Those cabins from May 14, 2022  to May 19, 2023 are classified as  Family Verandas.

Beginning May 20 2023 the are being renamed Ultra Deluxe Verandas.  There are 2 deck plans on the web site you can click on the date and see the other plan.

Before the pandemic when they were working through Revolutionizing all the ships those cabins were slated to be totally redone and become Suites.  We had one booked for a cruise  in what was to be a brand new suite.  That cruise and the Revolutionizing of ships was a casualty of the shut down

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You must be talking about Solstice class FVs if you say there are four on the ship.  Of the five ships that make up Solstice class, only Silhouette had its 4 FV cabins turned into suites during her drydock to get her Revolution makeover.  They were first named Sunset Suites, but now are designated as Horizon Suites.

image.png.f7215ca86ab590854b4f0b0e2179b8f9.png

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Neo2005 said:

Hi there

For our upcoming cruise, after booking a standard Veranda cabin, we decided to pay a few thousand extra and 'upgrade' to one of those large 'Family Ocean View with Balcony' cabins (apparently there are four per ship). 

After doing that we noticed that the Xpress Passes on our app and our luggage tags say 'Suite Class' on them. We didn't think that our new room is classed as a suite. Does anyone know if we do in fact have suite benefits / has this happened to anyone else? Would be fabulous if so!

Thanks 🙂

Hi

same thing happened to us on board eclipse - our cards said suite class even though we were in a FV - didnt entitle us to anything when onboard - although i did flash it at the boarding gate when they were saying suite class could board and he looked and told me to go ahead 🙂