Reporting from on the Rotterdam January 14 through February 25

iflyrc5

1 hour ago, quilter49 said:

I noticed that the pools and whirlpools close at 9 pm. Do they put nets over them? Is the time enforced? We love to go in the hot tubs around 10 pm.

They put nets over them at night.

23 hours ago, iflyrc5 said:

I  can't spell the CDs name but she is Dutch and I have not had her before.  Also, not very visible around the ship.  Only saw her introducing the shows unlike Erin on the NA who was always out and about engaging with guests.

You can see the trivia listed on the daily programs I have been posting 

is the CD Karlijn Verpalen?

L.

On 1/20/2023 at 9:53 AM, Love the beach said:

The left side of the pool 

(where you are) is usually the smoking area..I always try not to sit in that area.

I do the same thing - I sit on the Right side of pool and never smell the cigarette smoke from that side; unless on rare occasion - wind is blowing it where you get a slight wift every now and then. 

But that RARELY happens - just sit on Right Side.... the Non-Smoking side

• Like 1

15 hours ago, iflyrc5 said:

They put nets over them at night.

@quilter49   I haven't cruised since Dec 2019; but HAL used to keep their dry saunas in the Spa area open later than the Whihrpools.  My husband & I used them to relax in after dinner hour.

I just can't remember how late we went.  Something to look into as an alternative to whirlpool?

5 minutes ago, CruisingGrandmaW said:

I do the same thing - I sit on the Right side of pool and never smell the cigarette smoke from that side; unless on rare occasion - wind is blowing it where you get a slight wift every now and then. 

But that RARELY happens - just sit on Right Side.... the Non-Smoking side

Duh

Friday we had the Runaround Boys on the World Stage.  They are a British group that played 50s and 60 music and put on a great show.  First time we have seen them.

Edited by iflyrc5
fixed mistake
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, iflyrc5 said:

Friday we had the Runaround Boys on the World Stage.  They are a British group that played 50s and 60 music and put on a great show.  First time we have seen them.

It's nice to know that there is more than Step One and movies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iflyrc5 said:

Tonight was Caribbean night in the Lido for dinner.

Here is the daily program for Sunday Jan 22

DSCN4073.JPG

DSCN4074.JPG

My hubby is happy.  They are showing the games.  I see it on the schedule. So far the Eagles are killing the Giants.  As long as they win, he will get to watch the game next Sunday.  It’s a sea day for us, so it’s a win win situation. 

6 minutes ago, barbon2 said:

My hubby is happy.  They are showing the games.  I see it on the schedule. So far the Eagles are killing the Giants.  As long as they win, he will get to watch the game next Sunday.  It’s a sea day for us, so it’s a win win situation. 

They are on in the cabin and also the big screen at the pool.  At the pool there is popcorn and also the NY Deli is open for pizza and other snacks.

• Like 2

Well according to my Navigator the showtimes for our January 25th cruise are now changed to 7:30pm and 9:30pm. This change of course happened after the deadline for booking and/or changing restaurant reservations. I have never seen so many changes right before a cruise, and there is still no confirmation as to when the Gala Nights are! 

5 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Once onboard, you might be able to switch dining reservations. In November, I was able to change the day of when something appeared on the Daily program that interfered with our dining reservation.

Thanks, yes I know that's always an option. I was just venting a bit of frustration. 🙂

1 hour ago, canadarocks said:

Well according to my Navigator the showtimes for our January 25th cruise are now changed to 7:30pm and 9:30pm. This change of course happened after the deadline for booking and/or changing restaurant reservations. I have never seen so many changes right before a cruise, and there is still no confirmation as to when the Gala Nights are! 

The Dressy nights will probably not appear on the app until you board.  I would guess 1 Feb is an almost for sure.  The other could be Jan 26 since are leaving HMC early and if not then for sure 29 Jan

I forgot to mention yesterday - I asked one of the waiters and they said we currently have just over 2500 guests and today at the pool I counted 15 youngsters from 3 to about 14 years old all in the pool at the same time.

Edited by iflyrc5
added info
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, iflyrc5 said:

I forgot to mention yesterday - I asked one of the waiters and they said we currently have just over 2500 guests and today at the pool I counted 15 youngsters from 3 to about 14 years old all in the pool at the same time.

In the Seaview Pool??  15 is fine in the Lido pool, but that's just too many in Seaview even with their confusing/conflicting signage about kids in that pool!!!

~Nancy

31 minutes ago, iflyrc5 said:

today at the pool I counted 15 youngsters from 3 to about 14 years old all in the pool at the same time.

Why aren’t those kids in school!  🥹. 

Adult pool rules need to be enforced.  

17 minutes ago, 0106 said:

Why aren’t those kids in school!  🥹. 

Adult pool rules need to be enforced.  

It was the lido pool so fine with kids.  That was just to give an idea of how many youngsters are on the ship.  BTW - I have seen some of the staff removing towels from chairs that were unattended for a period of time.  Watching the Bills/Bengals around the pool this afternoon - lots of fans from both teams and they did have popcorn.  Funny thing is they have run out of popcorn bags so you got a bowl and had to bring it back for refills.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, canadarocks said:

Thanks, narrowed it down the same way. Almost positive Feb 1 will be the 2nd. 

What is hilarious is that there are "Gala Night Instant Makeovers" on both Jan. 26 & Jan. 29th!

Or….perhaps they are trying to sell spa sessions for pax to book on gala nights.  Maybe they will do a quick makeover on one or two people and try to get you to book .  My guess is the 29th and 1st.